Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default DC Rebirth - Titans

who is all reading titans, and what are your thoughts?
    i am personally really enjoying it, although i thought the lazarus contract was pretty lame.

also...why is this book not bi-weekly!?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze1991 View Post
    also...why is this book not bi-weekly!?
    I heard someone say on this forum, that the writer, Dan Abnett, claimed that Titans was not expected to be successful, so I don't think DC had enough faith in the title to make it a bi-weekly book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I heard someone say on this forum, that the writer, Dan Abnett, claimed that Titans was not expected to be successful, so I don't think DC had enough faith in the title to make it a bi-weekly book.
    Makes sense. Justice League of America got a huge push with five Rebirth issues and going bi-weekly right off the bat.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I haven't enjoyed a Titans book this much in over a decade. The line-up is great, the revamped villains are interesting and challenging without recycling Trigon yet again, plus Booth's art is nothing short of Amazing.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I haven't enjoyed a Titans book this much in over a decade. The line-up is great, the revamped villains are interesting and challenging without recycling Trigon yet again, plus Booth's art is nothing short of Amazing.
    Sad thing is that while I'm no longer a fan of the book, I still agree that this is the best Titans book we've had in over a decade.

All-New Member

It's strange to hear that because this book, along with a few others, is supposed to be where a lot of the dc continuity is moving forward. Obviously with the return of Wally West, the connection with Abra Kadabra and "Manhattan". I just thought they'd try pushing this title a bit more...which they should.

Titans just sold the illusion of moving continuity forward. Over a year in and it really hasn't moved anything forward.

Mighty Member

I'm generally enjoying Titans. From The Return of Wally West to Made in Manhattan, it was one of the comics I most looked forward to every month. Unfortunately, The Lazarus Contract was a definite step down, and while things have been returning to form somewhat for the current arc, there are a number of plot elements I'm not really into (Wally/Donna relationship in particular. Bring back Linda) which have been lessening my enjoyment.

BANNED

I had hoped it would have been much better than what it is. But right now it's too much Wally, too little everyone else and already re-trampling stories and ideas we've seen done to death with this team.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm enjoying the book for the most part, but have to agree tgat it's not what it could be. It just feels empty. Plus it doesn't help that I hate this version of Donna and no one is (as yet) doing anything about correcting it.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I had hoped it would have been much better than what it is. But right now it's too much Wally, too little everyone else and already re-trampling stories and ideas we've seen done to death with this team.

When did the Titans(with the exception of Wally solo) fight Abra Kadabra before? When was Gnark known for being a prominent hunter/tracker? When was the last time that both Lilith and Bumblebee were full-time members of the team(the 70s I believe)? Trident is completely modernized as expelled pupils of the Atlantean Sorcery School and straight up Tempest villains. They were nothing like that when Wolfman introduced them. I'm not sure how you can assert that the book is re-trampling stories and ideas "we've seen done to death with this team" in light of these aspects of it.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    When did the Titans(with the exception of Wally solo) fight Abra Kadabra before?
    They haven't.
    And they didn't.
    Because that was a Flash story with a bit more color to the support cast. Seriously, the Titans besides Wally seemed about as competent about fighting Kadabra as the normal people the Flash's usually hang around.

When was Gnark known for being a prominent hunter/tracker?
    When was the last time anyone cared about Gnaark? If you are lucky it was 2005 when he was hanging out with the equally marginalized Kole under the polar icecap. If you are unlucky the Berlin Wall was still standing. And on top of that, the 5 panels Gnaark has actually appeared in the last year hasn't actually spawned a whole new fanbase.

When was the last time that both Lilith and Bumblebee were full-time members of the team(the 70s I believe)?
    And the point is?

Trident is completely modernized as expelled pupils of the Atlantean Sorcery School and straight up Tempest villains.
    Yes, and they were so uninteresting the Titans could have one romance scene and one fight between members before Garth kicked the trio to the curb like they were nothing... there is a reason the last time we saw Trident' was as a corpse getting pulled out of the harbor for the New Teen Titans to look at.

Things are not good when Garth literally said they had to wrap the Trident Trio up in a hurry because we already knew what he was impatient about was that they got interrupted in an argument with Nightwing.

They were nothing like that when Wolfman introduced them. I'm not sure how you can assert that the book is re-trampling stories and ideas "we've seen done to death with this team" in light of these aspects of it.
    Asides the Flash story we spent far too long on for starters. We've had a run in with Deathstroke, which wasn't terribly great for anyone. A rumble with the Fearsome Five that's still in the 'to be explained' category along with how that team came together. And now we are dealing with the old Titans classic: 'there is a traitor on the team' and the HIVE has gotten involved.

Please tell me where the innovation is? Is it that it's now the first team of Teen Titans that's reusing material from the later New Teen Titans?
    Last edited by Outside_85; 08-20-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    When was the last time anyone cared about Gnaark?
    Never ...

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Never ...
    I thought he was fun in the Teen Titans cartoon with Kole .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought he was fun in the Teen Titans cartoon with Kole .
    That he was.