Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I can see how that aspect of Gar would be a turnoff, but I guess I've just kind of accepted that it's a part of him and don't really mind it now.

But that's just me.
When it gets to me I just imagine something immediate hitting him in the plumbs... like the shaft of a rake he just stepped on or a softball... or like the cartoons where Raven is usually nearby and responds with somekind of violence.

If they did it at this point they'd probably just be accused of ripping off Marvel after what they did with Iceman.
I think the bigger problem with Iceman was how it almost seemed like it was Jean doing it. First of all, she outs him about something he hasn't told anyone else, then he accepts it and while Jean is in the room, old Bobby follows suit. It sounds innocent enough... if it wasn't because Jean was a grade A telepath and not entirely in control of it at that stage.

That said, I probably would think it was less weird with Beastboy because like Bobby, he too has never been able to have a steady girlfriend, he always acts like the class clown desperate for the approval of others, he is(was) in showbiz and maybe we could finally kill off this notion about him and Raven being a thing?