The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default If EVERYBODY had survived COIE, what would their futures have been like?

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS was the first time that large scores of DC characters were killed off in a single event. Most famously killed were the original Kara Zor-El Supergirl and Silver/Bronze Age Flash Barry Allen. Many heroes from Earth-Two also perished.

What if, however, all of the characters from COIE had survived the event alive and well? What would have awaited these characters next?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Donna would have a decent backstory

Tula probably would've married Garth.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Before COIE even started, Barry Allen had retired and settled down with the resurrected Iris West Allen in the 30th Century. I imagine that Wally West would still have become the Flash even if Barry had survived COIE, but Barry would have been accessible to Wally for periodic consultation and perhaps have even returned to action on rare occasions when multiple Flashes were needed.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Huntress would've most likely become the (other) daughter of Sportsman & Tigress and would've been in Gotham. Helena Bertinelli wouldn't exist.

Supergirl would most likely have ended up taking Power Girl's spot in JLE and Power Girl would've stayed in limbo due to not being used post-Infinity, Inc.

Either Barry Allen would have retired and became the League's Dr. Pym or Wally would've retired. Or Barry would've simply gone to the future with Iris and left Wally in his place in the present.

Kole would have had a long crimefighting career. Up until Infinite Crisis and Superboy-Prime's 'Five-Finger-Titans-Death-Punch', at least.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Kara would probably have been around Barbara Gordon's Post-Crisis age.

I'm not sure if they would've de-aged her, but then Linda Danvers could've filled the "younger Supergirl" niche (though if Kara was around they probably would not have created Matrix in the first place).
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Before COIE even started, Barry Allen had retired and settled down with the resurrected Iris West Allen in the 30th Century. I imagine that Wally West would still have become the Flash even if Barry had survived COIE, but Barry would have been accessible to Wally for periodic consultation and perhaps have even returned to action on rare occasions when multiple Flashes were needed.

If Barry had been around I think there would have been more temptation to make him the main Flash again, so it might have happened sooner then it did. I'm not sure if they could have kept him in a Jay situation, but maybe they could have.

Diana and Steve Trevor would probably be married, maybe? Or at least in a relationship.

Superboy-Prime might actually have become the new Superboy of post-Crisis Earth, or Earth-1. Who knows? He was a really likeable kid in DC Comics Presents #87 and in Crisis. Not the snot we saw later...

And the Legion of Super-Heroes would still have had the original Superboy (I hope), and therefore never in need of a pocket universe, or a reboot...

And Diana and Steve Trevor actually got married in the final issue of Wonder Woman v1 #329. So I presume their marriage would have stuck.
    Last edited by Spiderboy12; 08-23-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.