Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default DC Rebirth - Titans

who is all reading titans, and what are your thoughts?
    i am personally really enjoying it, although i thought the lazarus contract was pretty lame.

also...why is this book not bi-weekly!?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze1991 View Post
    also...why is this book not bi-weekly!?
    I heard someone say on this forum, that the writer, Dan Abnett, claimed that Titans was not expected to be successful, so I don't think DC had enough faith in the title to make it a bi-weekly book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I heard someone say on this forum, that the writer, Dan Abnett, claimed that Titans was not expected to be successful, so I don't think DC had enough faith in the title to make it a bi-weekly book.
    Makes sense. Justice League of America got a huge push with five Rebirth issues and going bi-weekly right off the bat.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I haven't enjoyed a Titans book this much in over a decade. The line-up is great, the revamped villains are interesting and challenging without recycling Trigon yet again, plus Booth's art is nothing short of Amazing.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I haven't enjoyed a Titans book this much in over a decade. The line-up is great, the revamped villains are interesting and challenging without recycling Trigon yet again, plus Booth's art is nothing short of Amazing.
    Sad thing is that while I'm no longer a fan of the book, I still agree that this is the best Titans book we've had in over a decade.

All-New Member

It's strange to hear that because this book, along with a few others, is supposed to be where a lot of the dc continuity is moving forward. Obviously with the return of Wally West, the connection with Abra Kadabra and "Manhattan". I just thought they'd try pushing this title a bit more...which they should.

Titans just sold the illusion of moving continuity forward. Over a year in and it really hasn't moved anything forward.

Mighty Member

I'm generally enjoying Titans. From The Return of Wally West to Made in Manhattan, it was one of the comics I most looked forward to every month. Unfortunately, The Lazarus Contract was a definite step down, and while things have been returning to form somewhat for the current arc, there are a number of plot elements I'm not really into (Wally/Donna relationship in particular. Bring back Linda) which have been lessening my enjoyment.

BANNED

I had hoped it would have been much better than what it is. But right now it's too much Wally, too little everyone else and already re-trampling stories and ideas we've seen done to death with this team.