Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see how that aspect of Gar would be a turnoff, but I guess I've just kind of accepted that it's a part of him and don't really mind it now.

But that's just me.
    When it gets to me I just imagine something immediate hitting him in the plumbs... like the shaft of a rake he just stepped on or a softball... or like the cartoons where Raven is usually nearby and responds with somekind of violence.

If they did it at this point they'd probably just be accused of ripping off Marvel after what they did with Iceman.
    I think the bigger problem with Iceman was how it almost seemed like it was Jean doing it. First of all, she outs him about something he hasn't told anyone else, then he accepts it and while Jean is in the room, old Bobby follows suit. It sounds innocent enough... if it wasn't because Jean was a grade A telepath and not entirely in control of it at that stage.

That said, I probably would think it was less weird with Beastboy because like Bobby, he too has never been able to have a steady girlfriend, he always acts like the class clown desperate for the approval of others, he is(was) in showbiz and maybe we could finally kill off this notion about him and Raven being a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    That said, I probably would think it was less weird with Beastboy because like Bobby, he too has never been able to have a steady girlfriend, he always acts like the class clown desperate for the approval of others, he is(was) in showbiz and maybe we could finally kill off this notion about him and Raven being a thing?
    True, but I think Beast Boy's relationship with Terra is far more readily-recognized then any of Iceman's girlfriends (even if some of them are with readily-recognized characters).

Especially since it was a part of the most iconic Titans storyline.

Mighty Member

You could probably still get away with making him bi though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    You could probably still get away with making him bi though.
    You could probably get away with making a lot of people bi .

BANNED

True, but I think Beast Boy's relationship with Terra is far more readily-recognized then any of Iceman's girlfriends (even if some of them are with readily-recognized characters).

Especially since it was a part of the most iconic Titans storyline.
    Well, that actually why I think it makes sense with Garfield. Because Terra was a bastard (literally and figuratively) even when she was pretending to be nice, especially to Beastboy because he was always in her face. And he still kept going at her... and unlike the cartoons, she didn't have a last moment change of heart because of him.

Garfield, if he was in denial, leapt at Tara because he figured that if no one else would get close to her, maybe he might and no one would suspect the truth.
    Like, not that long ago I read about a woman who claimed she had sex with a hundred men in order to convince herself she wasn't gay... which I think it a state many gays live in because of the stigmata that coming out would bring.

Actually, this sounds like something that could be a decent story. Like imagine Deathstroke, with his hate-on for the Titans, finds out and uses it to blackmail Beastboy into being his informant on the Titans? Garfield is caught between protecting himself and the image he thinks he has, and his friends. It goes back and fourth inside of him every-time Slade gets a report. And in the end they have this big confrontation with Deathstroke and Beastboy where Slade again tries to push Garfield into turning on the others... only for the team to reveal they already knew, but also knew he wasn't ready to tell them and were just waiting for him to do so. Slade's control gone, Beastboy kicks his ass and everyone goes home happy... and Nightwing tells Beastboy to stop looking at his butt

BANNED

You could probably get away with making a lot of people bi .
    I mean, I genuinely don't believe ANYONE is totally straight soooooo

Well, that actually why I think it makes sense with Garfield. Because Terra was a bastard (literally and figuratively) even when she was pretending to be nice, especially to Beastboy because he was always in her face. And he still kept going at her... and unlike the cartoons, she didn't have a last moment change of heart because of him.

Garfield, if he was in denial, leapt at Tara because he figured that if no one else would get close to her, maybe he might and no one would suspect the truth.
    Like, not that long ago I read about a woman who claimed she had sex with a hundred men in order to convince herself she wasn't gay... which I think it a state many gays live in because of the stigmata that coming out would bring.

Actually, this sounds like something that could be a decent story. Like imagine Deathstroke, with his hate-on for the Titans, finds out and uses it to blackmail Beastboy into being his informant on the Titans? Garfield is caught between protecting himself and the image he thinks he has, and his friends. It goes back and fourth inside of him every-time Slade gets a report. And in the end they have this big confrontation with Deathstroke and Beastboy where Slade again tries to push Garfield into turning on the others... only for the team to reveal they already knew, but also knew he wasn't ready to tell them and were just waiting for him to do so. Slade's control gone, Beastboy kicks his ass and everyone goes home happy... and Nightwing tells Beastboy to stop looking at his butt
    I don't really care for that reading on Beast Boy's relationship with Terra.

Even if Terra is a terrible person I think it's important that Gar's feelings for her are completely genuine.

Mighty Member

So we're all agreed to make a lot of characters bi.

Even if Terra is a terrible person I think it's important that Gar's feelings for her are completely genuine.
    I completely agree. Gar's feelings for Tara need to be real.

I know Terra is running around in Deathstroke, did she and Gar interact at any time in the rebirth continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I know Terra is running around in Deathstroke, did she and Gar interact at any time in the rebirth continuity?
    Wasn't Terra in the New 52 Titans for like a minute ?

BANNED

I have to be honest and say his blind love of her never made much sense to me, he threw the world at her her feet and she threw it right back in his face... either you are right and he is beyond reason while in love with her, or he is really really dense.
    I get that Gar may have been desperate, but come on, no one is that desperate to get into a relationship with someone who clearly doesn't even like you...

Being gay doesn't effect the honesty of feelings. Sexuality is more complicated than that.

I get that Gar may have been desperate, but come on, no one is that desperate to get into a relationship with someone who clearly doesn't even like you...
    You'd be surprised.

BANNED

You'd be surprised.
    Yeah, back in high school, one of my friends asked someone out, and she responded by throwing down him to the floor and kicking him. He was still into her after this.

BANNED

You'd be surprised.
    No I like to think people are smarter than that.

"Go on darling, I am sure the tigers will be ok with you petting them."

(But then again, we do live in a world where some people scale fences and trenches to get a good photo of the polar bears at the zoo.)