Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I like what you're thinking in regards to Betty Ross. That makes total sense.

Plus, they're both red. So there's that

Jamie Madrox meeting the Spidey clone brothers is a no-brainer. haha - we must keep the book alive as long as possible if for no other reason than Madrox showing up eventually!
    Speaking of clones, my big thing is Ben meeting Laura (and Gabby) Kinney and them relating their own and to each other's struggles to find a sense of self and personhood. Plus, if Gabby could befriend Deadpool, I'm pretty sure Ben won't be that much of a problem for her.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i'm a bit meat and potatoes when it comes to this kinda stuff.

i'd probably err on the side of keeping ben street level (yep, that old chestnut) and establishing his support cast which may or may not involve peeps from his past.

as things progress, i could see him maybe taking on crazier adventures or gigs. but at this stage i don't see any connection with genis-vel or similar characters (but i'm also out of the loop so might not be seeing the connection there).

it might be interesting to keep ben's current irreverence and see where that could go. he's friendly but not polite. maybe have him encroaching/invading other street level heroes' turf and causing friction that way.

it might be interesting to have him find out about sinister's reilly clones and how he'd react to that. i know it was a throw away joke but something deeper could come of it if handled well.
    Considering Mister Sinister has messed with Spider-Man in the past and encountered Ben Reilly before (see the X-Men/Spider-Man miniseries by Christos Gage, specifically #3 which took place in the 90s during Ben's time as Spider-Man, and more recently the Spider-Man and the X-Men series just prior to Secret Wars), I'd like to see something come of the Sinister Scarlet Spiders, too. More to the point, I'd like to see Ben tangle with Miss Sinister, who may or may not have a surviving Sinister Scarlet Spider (or more) under her thrall as part of her Ultimate Marauders (formerly the Ultimate X-Men).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Well the new issue was 10/10 and I'm back to collecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Yeah the price for new issues is the same, but when comixology has their sales it is usually cheaper. Also right now Amazon has a BIG sale going on for digital collections that is worth checking out. Since Amazon owns comixology those can also be read in the comixology app on the ipad.
    thanks! i'll give that a crack
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    thanks! i'll give that a crack
    Sure thing.

I will never stop buying physical comics altogether but at these prices I will buy some stuff I might not otherwise have done.

In relation to the topic you can also buy the Clone saga/ Ben reilly collections. Number 5+6 have been somewhat expensive lately but for 5$ pr. book its fine with me.

As I said elsewhere I was kind of ready to drop the new book after the first few issues. They were not bad or anything but they just did not connect with me.
    However, the last few issues has changed that and I am now planning on buying it going forward.

I've actually just had an interesting thought in that while Peter David seems set on Redeeming Ben Reilly, what if this isn't the case? As we learnt last issue if Ben happens to die again in the future, his soul will be beyond redemption this time after all. Perhaps that is also a possibility Peter David may decide to go down on as opposed to redeeming Ben as most of us think. If so then this would give the book a great hook because rather than Ben dying again the main stake of this series will be what Ben's character could become afterwards. Maybe Ben could become in the same vain as Two Face with split personalities, either having Genuine Ben or being more radical and sinister as the Jackal but nevertheless with good motivations.

I recognise that this pure speculation and also a bit of a wild theory, but I actually hope this happens. I liked Ben as an anti-hero and will be disappointed if we never see that version of the character again as if his days during the Clone Conspiracy didn't happen at all. Having the genuine version of him back completely will make his days as the Jackal and an anti-hero completely pointless in my opinion.
    Last edited by WebSlinger1997; 09-24-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I just read the first five issues today, and I am really enjoying this book!!!!

Check out these beautiful covers of upcoming issues of BEN REILLY: THE SCARLET SPIDER!!!

579997._QL80_TTD_.jpg
    580002._QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Ben_Reilly_Scarlet_Spider_Vol_1_13_Textless.jpg
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks, and hey, Dusk is there, too!
    The spider is always on the hunt.