Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Spider-Man as well. Johnny's actually part of the cast in Spectacular at the moment, and Peter once took his spot on the team when Johnny was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by penthotal View Post
    Hickman's run was perfect and sold, without changing anything.
    isn't that when they got the white costumes? and spider-man joined? and the Wizard became all religious? or am I thinking of another run? the council of reeds sure seems like a new wrinkle.

I like the idea of a FF with Franklin and Val as the focal point. They are great counterpoints to each other. I don't necessarily need to have them age up....but they should have someone "supervise" them on their adventures. Since Reed said he's retired from Superhero biz, he can be the man behind the desk.

In this scenario, I'd love to see Doom as the "leader" on the front lines...but even with Doom as he is now I still don't see him taking orders from Reed...maybe that would be a good source of dramatic tension...

So who else? I guess I'd just continue with the Future Foundation and add Dragon Man (muscle) and Bentley (comic relief). Johnny and Ben can make some guest appearances, but I don't want them around on the regular.

To me, the most important aspect of the F4 was discovery. Having a young team would only highlight that thematic element.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Reed has been trashed by so many fans in recent years, one must wonder if Marvel might consider dumping him. Personally, I think he has received a bum rap to a certain extent. Anyway, I have often toyed with the idea of Doom taking over the helms of the FF, if Reed Richards was ever truly killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Reed has been trashed by so many fans in recent years, one must wonder if Marvel might consider dumping him. Personally, I think he has received a bum rap to a certain extent. Anyway, I have often toyed with the idea of Doom taking over the helms of the FF, if Reed Richards was ever truly killed off.
    that would be insanely stupid

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Honestly, I liked sharon ventura a lot better before she became a thing.
    Actually, the mutated She-Thing Shaton Ventura is one of my favorite FF female villains. She did a superb job as a member of the Frightful Four in FF Unlimited.

I wonder how long it would take Fox to sell the character, if they did out him.

Considering the failure of the Fox Fantastic Four films, I doubt that a change like the one proposed here would do much good.

Amazing Member

I always thought they should play up Susan's role and running the various F4 foundations and/or their business operations(merchandising, public relations, marketing) of the Fantastic Four brand in the Marvel Universe like the Heroes Reborn storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Owl View Post
    I always thought they should play up Susan's role and running the various F4 foundations and/or their business operations(merchandising, public relations, marketing) of the Fantastic Four brand in the Marvel Universe like the Heroes Reborn storyline.
    I'd rather Johnny do that stuff. it sounds beneath Sue. merchandising?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'd rather Johnny do that stuff. it sounds beneath Sue. merchandising?
    Could you elaborate on why it's beneath her? I think that operating a business with a brand such as theirs would take an incredible business acumen. Also I know it's not something that can be applied to a super-science situation, but I never liked how they always make most female scientists in Marvel biological scientists and keep the men as either engineers, physicists or polymath. Also, how do you feel about her operating the F4's foundations?
    Last edited by Old Owl; 08-21-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Owl View Post
    Could you elaborate on why it's beneath her? I think that operating a business with a brand such as theirs would take an incredible business acumen. Also I know it's not something that can be applied to a super-science situation, but I never liked how they always make most female scientists in Marvel biological scientists and keep the men as either engineers, physicists or polymath. Also, how do you feel about her operating the F4's foundations?
    That has always been in the background. The FF living on Reed's patents and inventions. Reed investing stipends and making millions. (are Johnny and Ben still rich?)

Sue could run the foundation. She and Ben have always been the best dealing with people so that could work.

She could also be the delegate in any illuminati. A version where the groups share information and do not try and make unilateral actions.

Sue (ff), Kitty (x-men), Coulson (Shield rep), Gorgon (Inhumans), Viv (Champions), DD (Defenders), She Hulk (Avengers)

I don't want this as a book or anything just something that exists and is mentioned across the MU once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    That has always been in the background. The FF living on Reed's patents and inventions. Reed investing stipends and making millions. (are Johnny and Ben still rich?)
    Ben was the only one to get the windfall shown in Slott's series. Johnny, being related by blood to Sue had his money taken along with Sue and Reed's. Ben lost his fortune when he left the country during Civil War. However, the FF has always wide stretches between poverty of wealth.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Theoretically, Reed is able to whip out some new advancement that either he gets patented or maybe companies pay him not to develop. Or he could do like many ex-presidents, get a seat of the board of Microsoft and other megacorps and just earn a nice fat check for one meeting a year.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Reed got off lightly because he was not as out front about it CW. But I blame that on Millar/Bendis. There was the time when the FF did testify before Congress about a similar piece of legislation back in Simonson's run.

I don't think they should kill Reed off but maybe become the executive leader of the Fantastic Four. His powerset is difficult to pull off these days and we rarely saw it come into play in Hickman's run or in SW 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that would be insanely stupid
    Maybe but I bet it would help get a sales bump for a while. Doom has had more luck as a solo than any individual member of the FF. And if Marvel keeps him on this path of redemption it would be a good spot for him. Sue would probably sit it out and then you could come up with a fresh mix of characters in the title. I'm wondering if Bendis will have Ben and Doom team up for the conclusion of Infamous Iron Man. That would be an odd couple that would work in an FF title.