Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Cool Vertigo and Past Imprints General

Since the Vertigo board got deleted with the reboot, I decided to make a general thread by Holmes' suggestion.

In this thread you can talk about your favorite past and current books. Creators too if you want.
    Like the title suggests, you can also talk about past imprints as well - be it ABC, Cliffhanger, CMX, Focus, Helix, Homage, Impact, Milestone, Minx, Paradox, Piranha, Tangent, Wildstorm and Zuda.

PS. This being a sticky would be nice.
    BB

I'll start.
    I just read Punk Rock Jesus by Sean Murphy. Very good work. My only complain is that Murphy doesn't do solo works more often!
    I've also been reading David Lapham's Young Liars. So far it's been a strange and a wild ride.
    BB

I'm slowly reading Fables, because of my interest in The Wolf Amoung Us. I read the first four issues and I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    I'm slowly reading Fables, because of my interest in The Wolf Amoung Us. I read the first four issues and I was impressed.
    It actually gets better after those issues.
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I'll start.
    I just read Punk Rock Jesus by Sean Murphy. Very good work. My only complain is that Murphy doesn't do solo works more often!
    I've also been reading David Lapham's Young Liars. So far it's been a strange and a wild ride.
    Punk Rock Jesus has been on my to-read list for a while. I'll get around to it one day...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Punk Rock Jesus has been on my to-read list for a while. I'll get around to it one day...
    If you haven't bought it yet, there's a deluxe edition coming out in October that might interest you.
    BB

Astonishing Member

I hate to put some negative stuff in this thread from the get go, but did you guys see this?

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...cally-altered/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I hate to put some negative stuff in this thread from the get go, but did you guys see this?

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...cally-altered/
    I had heard about it but only now I read Keatinge's blog. Very strange. I hope Vertigo hasn't manage to alienate talent this time...
    BB

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Read the first trade, I found it not that good. I'm not collecting the rest.

on a side note, I just ordered the Planetary omnibus, looking forward to seeing it on the shelf. Also, just read Daytripper, what a beautiful tale! I almost didn't keep it dry
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member Judge-Sergeant-Marron's Avatar

Finished Trillium recently, was completely let down. Seems like Lemire has a problem carrying and expanding upon his initial strong ideas, because Triullium's ending was a huge cop-out and an even bigger slap in the face for anyone that was expecting it to wrap up the many questions and mysteries it threw at us.
    And even if the book wasn't about the mystery, it still failed to deliver on the 'last romance in space' theme. There was absolutely no indication of there being anything romantic between the two protagonists, aside from those cheesy cliched lines thrown in at the finale.

And I feel like a drone repeating this but Lemire seriously needs to up his art game. Stick figures with puppet facial reactions standing lopsided against empty and uninspried backgrounds won't keep him going forever.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Read the first trade, I found it not that good. I'm not collecting the rest.
    Are you playing the game, and then decided to check out the series? Because I think Telltale does a better story telling, but the comic was still good for what it was worth to me.

BANNED

remember when Vertigo was a Super Hero comic line? DC took a few heroes and concepts, and made the stories adultified...Swamp Thing, Constantine, Doom Patrol, Silver Scarab, Black orchid... i still love Vertigo, but i miss the original version of it.

Are you playing the game, and then decided to check out the series? Because I think Telltale does a better story telling, but the comic was still good for what it was worth to me.
    I did the same as you, Its a pity that fables discussions have died off.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Astonishing Member

Is anyone reading the Unwritten? Good book.

Just to be ¨that guy¨ I will say that I think Vertigo just has a couple years left

there is really nothing stellar on it anymore, with the end of Fables and eventually the wrap-up of Sandman Overture what else is there to be Vertigo´s flagship?
    I guess that would leave only American Vampire but it is just not enough

Btw I havent read anything of Fables but I am playing the game and it just fantastic
    I think the story and world developed on The Wolf Among Us is way more interesting than the TWD game, hopefully there will be another season.