Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Anyone else who got some love for 100Bullets? A shame really that Brother Lono wasn't released as a deluxe ver. on the get go, matching the 100B delx bks 1-5 in size.

Also cool that DC apparently is working on getting 100B adapted into moving pictures. If a movie I'm hoping either Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Nicolas Winding Refn or Sophia Coppola gets to make it (they all make cool and dreamy movies.) and if a television show then HBO (making it a The wire vs X files).

Astonishing Member

Refn would be perfect for 100 Bullets, good call. Drive was fantastic.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Are you playing the game, and then decided to check out the series? Because I think Telltale does a better story telling, but the comic was still good for what it was worth to me.
    What game? I personally decided to pick it up because I found it cheap and I remembered seeing it on multiple top 10 best of Vertigo lists. I was a little dissapointed
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I'm currently re-reading The Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison.
    It's so much fun!
    Unfortunately the final issues by Rachel Pollack have not been collected in trades. I only own a few issues and I'm trying to buy them on ebay or amazon...
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    What game? I personally decided to pick it up because I found it cheap and I remembered seeing it on multiple top 10 best of Vertigo lists. I was a little dissapointed
    Well I guess its not for everyone. The game they are referring to is "The Wolf Among Us" Its a Telltale point and click adventure and a prequel to the fables comics.

Edit: IGN is handing out limited free codes for the first part /5 on iPhone/iPad this month if your interested http://http://au.ign.com/articles/20...g-us-episode-1
    Last edited by napolid; 05-03-2014 at 05:17 AM.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I'm currently re-reading The Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison.
    It's so much fun!
    Unfortunately the final issues by Rachel Pollack have not been collected in trades. I only own a few issues and I'm trying to buy them on ebay or amazon...
    You can buy those issues through Comixology if you don't mind the digital format.

What napolid said. Anyways it's a really good game and serves as a prequel to the comics. You play as Bigby (obviously) and you're trying to solve a murder case. What's cool about it though is you choose what to say in each interaction with any character. So if you want your Bigby to be rude, mean, nice, whatever you want you can do it, and sometimes characters remember what you say or do to them. So if you're into video games I highly recommend you checking this out. Three out of the five episodes are out now, and it's available on pc/ps3/360/ios/vita/and android (I think android not 100%)

It gets better after the first trade. It's not one of my top favorite Vertigo series but it's worth the read.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Is anyone reading the Unwritten? Good book.
    I am. It's great, though I'm a bit behind. The seventh trade was the last one I read.
    I don't remember but have you read Carey's other works?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    Just to be ¨that guy¨ I will say that I think Vertigo just has a couple years left

there is really nothing stellar on it anymore, with the end of Fables and eventually the wrap-up of Sandman Overture what else is there to be Vertigo´s flagship?
    I guess that would leave only American Vampire but it is just not enough
    >obviously doesn't read Vertigo at the moment
    Astro City, FBP, The Unwritten (it's ending soon though) and the other series are great.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Anyone else who got some love for 100Bullets? A shame really that Brother Lono wasn't released as a deluxe ver. on the get go, matching the 100B delx bks 1-5 in size.

Also cool that DC apparently is working on getting 100B adapted into moving pictures. If a movie I'm hoping either Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Nicolas Winding Refn or Sophia Coppola gets to make it (they all make cool and dreamy movies.) and if a television show then HBO (making it a The wire vs X files).
    Meee. Ongoing series almost always get collected in regular trades before deluxe editions so it makes sense.
    I'm still skeptical the movie gets made, it's been in a production hell pretty long now. I think it'd would work better as a shown than as a movie.
    BB

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Big Vertigo guy here. Hellblazer, Sandman, I'm in the middle of Transmetropolitan. I have always said I am a Vertigo guy who loves Batman more then a full on DC guy, cus I got into comics late in life. I also enjoyed Global Frequency and Promethea in the editions under Vertigo. Still want to read Preacher and Lucifer. I liked League of Extraordinary Gentlemen when it was still under ABC Comics. Read The Invisibles like The Bible. Planetary was very solid, I have the Vertigo tarot set, and I have a mild crush on Karen Berger. The only Vertigo book that fell flat with me was Fables, slow moving and I was not excited enough to stay on it. I'd love to get my hands on Witching Hour and Punk Rock Jesus as trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    You can buy those issues through Comixology if you don't mind the digital format.
    In the end I will probably buy them in digital format, but it's not the same! I don't even read e-books!
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    In the end I will probably buy them in digital format, but it's not the same! I don't even read e-books!
    Here, here. My sister bought me a Nook years ago, and it's collecting dust. I'll go kicking and screaming into digital, I love real books.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Meee. Ongoing series almost always get collected in regular trades before deluxe editions so it makes sense.
    I'm still skeptical the movie gets made, it's been in a production hell pretty long now. I think it'd would work better as a shown than as a movie.
    Vertigo books usually get collected in a regular trade, but some gets a HC straight away. Figures Lono didn't sell well enough for such, but it'd been nice since it came out shortly after the last 100B Dlx book

I could totally see it work as a movie if they'd focus on the of the core things of the story. For example if there's such a thing as consequence free revenge, of which the book makes a good point that you often invest alot of yourself into it. Something akin to how the recent DREDD worked, a story that even works in the continuity.

And about Winding Refn. Not only is Drive a good mystery movie, but also his Only God Forgives. I'm not saying a 100B movie should be strange as that one, but it'd be cool if Agent Graves felt as larger than life as OGF's police man. Feels more or less like god, and with Graves often speaking as mysteriously as one I think that could be a cool concept. In short a shorter one off story surrounding the attache, not the grand conspiracy.

But if there'd be a movie who's big on the conspiracy then I think Jean-Pierre Jeunet would be a perfect fit. His "A Very Long Engagement" is a testament to that he can make a very big and complex work with elegantly.