Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I've been having fun with Astro City. I cut Coffin Hill...not cuz it was bad, just budget issues.I'll probably come back to it. I haven't sat down a read Brother Lono yet cuz I'm missing two issues.

I thought Daytripper was great idea. I have singles, but I'm missing a few issues.

I wouldn't mind seeing the part of Vertigo/Wildstrom moving back to somewhere closer to where they were ten years ago when they would do some more post-modern takes on superheros. (Automatic Kaftka, the 90's new direction stuff, the Casey or Morrison Wildcats) But I do love the fact they they are an imprint for creator own concepts. I think that Marvel is missing out by not bringing back Epic Line ( I know there's the Icon line, but it's not quite the same).
    Daytripper is so amazing. The only comic I almost cried about
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    You mean new people like Caitlin Kitteridge, Toby Litt, Rob Williams, and Ian Edgington, none of whom are working for DC in any other capacity? Or even people like Simon Oliver and Si Spenser, who have had previous Vertigo books, but have never worked outside the imprint?
    I have no idea who any of those people are
    which i think is my point exactly.

I'll always have a soft spot for !mpact Comics. The line introduced me to my favorite superhero writer of all time, Mark Waid, who wrote The Comet and scripted The Legend of the Shield. It also had The Fly drawn by the late great Mike Parobeck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    Yeah, I loved it then too, but now having them back in the Nu52 makes that line stronger.
    I agree, I like Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol and Constantine back in the DCU. But my favorite version of Vertigo, and I'm still a big Vertigo guy, was that original adult-super hero version.

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    I agree, I like Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol and Constantine back in the DCU. But my favorite version of Vertigo, and I'm still a big Vertigo guy, was that original adult-super hero version.
    Yes, and Animal Man, Black Orchid, Jonah Hex, Dr 13, Tomahawk, Brother Power the Geek, Kid Eternity. Yeah, they really were all great. With the Comics Code Authority dead, there's no need for these characters to not be in the DCnU.

While Image now has THE hip indie rep, and lots of great titles, Vertigo won't go away. I think part of the appeal is getting more work from DC, and the power WB could bring, like we're seeing with Sandman, 100 Bullets, FBP, etc. Great as Image is, it's not at that level.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I have no idea who any of those people are
    which i think is my point exactly.
    Yeah, but that's on you. All you're missing is some great work, particularly from Oliver and Edgington.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Such a great book indeed. Rebis was my favourite character (as you can see from my avatar).
    Also, The Brotherhood of Dada was such a weird idea. I didn't like the 2nd incarnation though. For some reason the idea felt a little overplayed and the new members had absurd "powers" (if we can call them such).
    Even if the art was not always great, the covers were amazing.
    Take a look at this; I guess is by Bisley
    I think mine's Flex Mentallo, but it's hard to choose since there are so many good characters in the book. I actually quite liked the art, had a buzzy feel to it. Felt vivid in it's own way. The covers on the other hand wasn't something I loved about DP. They're not bad, but I wished they'd been less weird or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I agree with you. Trying to make the main story in one movie would most likely be a mess. An attache story would work much better.

I haven't those movies yet but I'll put them on my "to watch" pile. Thanks.
    Can't recommend DREDD enough. Only God Forgives on the other hand is a very strange (and very different from Dive) and violent (almost a warning, it's VERY violent.). But then, if you'v read 100Bullets New tricks, Sleep, Walker and Rain in vain you'll probably be fine

If you haven't watched films by Jean-Pierre Jeunet before (dir. of engagement) I'd recommend watching amelie from montmartre first. A movie that's awesome how lovely it is, and also how many stories it can carry with such flow.

Since not everyone is reading every vertigo book, this probably isn't the place for spoilers or discussions. I will say FBP is brilliant. I've heard good things about Unwritten, and of course the others too (like Fables and Sandman) but I'm not a big fan of the supernatural.

I may be one of the few...
    But I really liked Impact when it launched.
    It actually felt fresh.

Tom Lyle's art on Comet and Rick Burchett's on Black Hood really grabbed me.

It's a shame the line failed.

And I liked Vertigo when it started in '93. OMG, those stories would leave you with a total mind**** feeling. Great stuff. Truly different.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Since not everyone is reading every vertigo book, this probably isn't the place for spoilers or discussions. I will say FBP is brilliant. I've heard good things about Unwritten, and of course the others too (like Fables and Sandman) but I'm not a big fan of the supernatural.
    Than try 100 Bullets, it's pretty great
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

You should try Astro City if you're looking for current series, Conway.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Than try 100 Bullets, it's pretty great
    And The Losers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I am. It's great, though I'm a bit behind. The seventh trade was the last one I read.
    I don't remember but have you read Carey's other works?
    I was introduced to him with Lucifer, which was fantastic. His Hellblazer was alright. I read bits of his X-Men run, which was blah.

Is this any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I was introduced to him with Lucifer, which was fantastic. His Hellblazer was alright. I read bits of his X-Men run, which was blah.

Is this any good?
    I haven't read that one yet. I think you'd enjoy his Crossing Midnight series.
    BB

I'm reading Rick Veitch's Greyshirt mini and it makes me wish that the ABC line had continued even after Moore left. Not necessarily with the same characters and series, but new comics with the same attitude and spirit. (Don't know if I made myself clear).