Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can't pinpoint the scene exactly or with great detail, but at a certain point with D'onofrio on screen when the show made it clear that the conflict was about gentrification just struck with me, that this show would hit topics that that the movies never would. Thor, Cap, Hulk, etc. can all fight fantastic aliens and cosmic artifacts and global conspiracies, but when it comes to issues facing regular people, Daredevil showed that heroes would be needed there, too. Thankfully, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage followed suit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Punisher ane Daredevils coversation on the rooftop while DD is chained up.
    I feel it pales in comparison with the 8 minute talk they had in the cemetery, which I think is hands down not just the best scene in Marvel Netflix but all of Marvel live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I feel it pales in comparison with the 8 minute talk they had in the cemetery, which I think is hands down not just the best scene in Marvel Netflix but all of Marvel live action.
    Emotionaly that one was better but i feel like the clashing of ideals on the rooftop was perfectly handled. I mean clearly Daredevil is in the right but you completely understand punisher and respect his side of the conversation. Ive always liked Bernthal but his turn as Farnk in DD s2 made me consider him an elite actor. But now that i think about it the rooftop scene may be more iconic imagery and have some cool quotes but the graveyard scene tore me up. I might change my mind
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-22-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hmm. Lots of good ones. Off the top of my head, probably DD and Elektra's fight against the Hand on the rooftop of DD season 2.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

While there have been several amazing moments the top ones for me would be:

Daredevil hallway fight- Was simply amazing and really set the tone for how the netflix shows would be.

Matt telling foggy about the first time he went out as Daredevil: Really showed how Matt felt being Daredevil was necessary.

Kingpin's speech while he was in custody where he reads off that story from the bible and admits that he is the ill-intent. Donofrio had a lot of amazing moments but that one really stood out to me.

Daredevil Staircase fight- Hands down the best superhero fight scene I have ever seen tv or movies.

Daredevil and Punisher conversation in the graveyard - great emotion between the two actors in that scene really found a way to humanize the punisher and make you get why he is how he is.

Daredevil and Elektra's conversation right before the rooftop fight with the hand. Such good chemistry with those two actors, really managed to show why Elektra and Matt are both good and horrible for each other.

The brief scene in Luke Cage where he is wearing his old Power Man costume was cool to see

I know it's recent but the Entire final scene between Matt and Elektra in Defenders was really great as well
    Last edited by regg215; 08-22-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

the First Hallway fight in Daredevil Season 1 was what cemented the medium in general imo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Emotionaly that one was better but i feel like the clashing of ideals on the rooftop was perfectly handled. I mean clearly Daredevil is in the right but you completely understand punisher and respect his side of the conversation. Ive always liked Bernthal but his turn as Farnk in DD s2 made me consider him an elite actor. But now that i think about it the rooftop scene may be more iconic imagery and have some cool quotes but the graveyard scene tore me up. I might change my mind
    The thing about the rooftop scene for me is that I had seen it before, and I found Garth Ennis's version superior. Which ruined the effect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The thing about the rooftop scene for me is that I had seen it before, and I found Garth Ennis's version superior. Which ruined the effect for me.
    See i didnt find it inferrior at all and seeing that scene brought to life added to it for me personaly. Then the set up before hand with Turk being arrested for 50th time and saying he would be out again soon just added credability to Franks side of the arguement. No mattet how extreme and moraly wrong his arguement was the show set it up so it wasnt one sided. Which i appreciated

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Pablo Escobar's conversations with his father on the farm about his nature

The Punisher/Matt's conversations about their approaches, philosophies, and the differences they have in solving crime

That Black Zombie guy playing guitar in Santa Clarita diet.

Daredevil fighting hand ninja and taking Stick's advice to listen to their breathing instead of heartbeats.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    Pablo Escobar's conversations with his father on the farm about his nature

That Black Zombie guy playing guitar in Santa Clarita diet.
    I do not recall either one of these two scenes.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I do not recall either one of these two scenes.
    Those are from other, non-Marvel, Netflix series. Looks like he thought this was a thread for Netflix series in general.

Punisher telling Matt about his family and their deaths in the cemetery and their roof top talk.

Jessica with Kilgrave in the house when she called him out for raping her and he said what was rape for him and went on to mention how he once was glib and told a man to go fuck himself and it ended ugly. Purple Man in the comics was always your classic mustache twirling villain with little to no depth and I felt the show surpassed the comics with that convoy. Yes he was definitely trying to negate his guilt when obviously from the word go he never gave Jessica any choices and he knew it thus no matter his claims it was clearly rape and abuse. But the idea of living a life where you never know if someone genuinely like you or just have too and you have to select every word carefully was a great insight to Kilgrave to me and made me go ok that explains how he became the man he is.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post

Matt telling foggy about the first time he went out as Daredevil: Really showed how Matt felt being Daredevil was necessary.
    I'm glad they cut dudes hair in the Defenders. It looked like an old floor mop on his head before. I'm a Foggy stan so anytime I get to here more from him I'm for it and as an accessory character, I think Foggy Nelson is the best ever. By ever I mean the last 50 years of capes on TV and the movies, nuff respect to Lucious Fox. In that scene he still didn't really feel why Matt has to get beat half to death but he did get needed clarification- from his closest friend so knowing Matt and having heard that insight from him was important. Ultimately they still dissolved their friendship and partnership and that's a plot line I wasn't expecting and was pretty cool, even if it changes in S3.

Ever notice that the best friend to any cape we've ever seen- at any level before, is either playing the comedic foil or he physically joins the fight? Weather by means of keyboard or cape. Foggy and Matt are plausibly unconventional (per the genre) and that's what makes him cool to me and different. That exchange was after numerous efforts of Foggy trying to figure out just what the fuck is going on with his homeboy/business partner. So even when his character comes off heavy handed, I feel it's deserved or warranted because Matt is MORE heavy handed because he's freakin' Daredevil and really still learning how to do the meta human thing. I'm only through episode 4 or 5 of the Defenders but it's still there.

I really have to go back and peep DD S1, I was late to the Netflix Marvel party so by the time Luke Cage came around I hadn't seen more than 20 minutes of DD but there was so much good stuff in S1 and S2, in the rush to catch up, there are bound to be little things I miss. One really good thing is that these shows by and large is they have replay value. I like the CW Flash but I can't say I love it, way to much CW schmaltz and I can only take so much of that. Also I feel you see them once and maybe a couple episodes in passing on a rerun, you've gotten all you're going to get. For all the minor foibles the Netflix productions have had they get more right than they get wrong by a stretch. I don't go in over-expecting live action capes, just give me a semblance and if possible some expansion, of the characterization I already know from the source material and I'm usually good. Netflix has a higher batting average than the CW or even the MCU in that regard.
    Last edited by Surf; 08-23-2017 at 08:02 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Another one that really stands out for me is Frank at the pawn shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Those are from other, non-Marvel, Netflix series. Looks like he thought this was a thread for Netflix series in general.
    Thanks. I was wondering why I can't remember a farm or a zombie in Marvel's Netflix shows.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE