Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

So I just saw Thor Ragnarok last night and it's the best comic movie I've seen. I can't wait to see it again!!! Omg. If Disney/Marvel had the X-Men I think I'd melt into goo from sheer happiness. If I ever saw an X-Men movie under Feige I'd explode from sheer epicness and nerd satisfaction.

I enjoy the Fox Xmen movies. But dear God the amazing things MarvDisney would do with Rogue considering the push she's had on the Avengers side of things.

I need to see a Rogue and Carol Danvers rivalry/absorption/friendship in my lifetime

BANNED

OH TAS. The only iconic animation for marvel that the world see as that. Fact. Marvel should have surpassed that by now but they continue to suck thanks to disney. Its not a highly subjective opinion when Disney factually says their comic movies are made to be as kid friendly as possible. disney said so,making it fact.

Ah, but tas was written for adults,, reason the show was highly successful and still stays relevant today. That is fact. Its not opinion, it is as factual as trump is the president today.

Lol, did I say xmen has the same popularity as batman? Superman, batman and ww for DC but when marvel came out big in the 60-70ss spiderman, xmen and f4 got close to the golden dc trio, this was when the war started of marvel vs dc. Moreover the point is only xmen and batman outgrew their parent company and became their own thing. More so for xmen these days. But it is spidey and xmen for marvel everyone else is just a Disney puppet that has zero relevance outside of their soon irelevant movies..

Winter solider does not qualify because the movie is derivate and out of the 17 mcu movies only 1 movie is good enough? I knew why mcu was awful. Disney marvel still has awful animation today. Thanks but i will stick to DC assault on akrham, spidey been the biggest film in the world still does not make it not a flop by spiderman standards and the combine efforts of Sony and disney, the bottom line is the earlier movies were far more successful and sony did it alone with any help. Logan will be more profitable for fox than homecoming will be for sony and Disney,

RT, is was once credible but mcu movies destroyed it, this is the same site that rates dr strange over inception. If I want to watch a first movie cbm, I will watch batman begins that has an 84% as that is a superior movie to homecoming.
    Last i read on rt, spiderman 1 is the better movie than homecoming thanks to the content, last i asked the spiderman fans, they also agreed. many of us, do not take rt as proof of a movie been better than the other, we listen to smart people like martin Scorsese on how we can judge a good movie.

In the thor ragnarok comics, the name is faithful to the Norse mythology. It would not have been called that if the meaning was different. Marvel then never dumbed things down.

So daredevil is not still in film right? That is factual. this is not even a hard talk anymore. It becomes a goof when the facts are trying to get dismissed . About you saying you want fox to keep the rights, what is important is you believe it.

Deadpool was made to be anti MCU. here
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/162...-to-the-writer

the facts on DOFP.
    -It was not about saving the world in the generic avenger sense. , the world is not even mentioned. It was about saving humans and mutants from a holocaust.
    -at the climax of DOFP there was no explosions, it was just pure drama with emotional depth with Xavier/raven/mystique/future xmen. very TDKish….must be because Nolan admired the way singer made his comic films about the characters., funny dofp is one of the only few movie were the heroes wins thanks to one convinces the other to take a different part.

Like claremont, this is nolan telling us how to make a good xmen movie...so true nolan, so true. and thanks.
    http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movi...lan-x-me/70919
    For a liker of both as you say, trying to rewrite the xmen movies to make xmen look like trash like the mcu is kind of cool. At least I don’t say I like mcu and xmen. I dont with good reasons backed up by many film experts.
    puting dofp on the same level is just off and the content of the reception of DOFP reject the idea. this movie killed winter solider 2014 the most serious movie mcu has ever made, now that is a movie that was all explosions by the 3rd arc unlike dofp that kept the drama with a less derivate plot, reason people adored the film and the majority will stick to what they think about the marvel comedy universe.

let me just stop here.usually those who support mcu movies don’t really defend their most awful like avengers 2 or gotg 2 or iron man 3 , they do see common grounds with those that dislike the MCU. Same for those that like or hate xmen movies.

You know People usually ask what make xmen so special and iconic for marvel that they broke out of marvel and we live in a world today of marvel vs xmen, , well one of the reasons is because even the biggest haters of xmen, hate because of mcu inferiority tell us they like xmen too.

In the end I hope fox does sell to Comcast, the Disney deal seems to be done and over with the announcement of a multiple man movie. Oh, I just cant wait toread replies of some trying to discredit Comcast with the obvious reason been anyone that tries to discredit Comcast is doing so because they support Disney geting fox and anyone that supports Disney supports xmen in the mcu….Its elementary, my dear Watson. elementary that shows xmen and mcu should never have any contact.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-17-2017 at 01:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Offbeat View Post
    I enjoy the Fox Xmen movies. But dear God the amazing things MarvDisney would do with Rogue considering the push she's had on the Avengers side of things.

I need to see a Rogue and Carol Danvers rivalry/absorption/friendship in my lifetime
    No thanks for rogue who is used and abused by disney in the comics.marvel will not top DOFP: The rogue cut, they just dont have the creative integrity to do so.

BANNED

Fox wants to sell to comcast

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

OH TAS. The only iconic animation for marvel that the world see as that. Fact.
    Besides the theme song and getting people into comics it isn't iconic. Also the fact that you say it's a, "FACT (no pun intended) !" Is down right hilarious especially considering I could counter argue that with using your exact words for Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Spider-Man TAS, X-Men Evolution (better the X-Men TAS if you get rid of those rose-tinted glasses), Spectacular Spider-Man, and Wolverine and The X-Men.

But you know "ignorance is bliss" as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    No thanks for rogue who is used and abused by disney in the comics.marvel will not top DOFP: The rogue cut, they just dont have the creative integrity to do so.

Rogue sucks in the FoX-men movies, just admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Rogue sucks in the FoX-men movies, just admit it.
    Word!!! Even the actress tweets about how she wishes stupid Fox would do Rogue right lol. I think Anna P would be SO MUCH happier if Feige did her character in a movie.

https://twitter.com/annapaquin/statu...484928?lang=en

Jaddor please just stop dude Anna Paquin isn't the only one wishing they were doing their role under Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Word!!! Even the actress tweets about how she wishes stupid Fox would do Rogue right lol. I think Anna P would be SO MUCH happier if Feige did her character in a movie.

Jaddor please just stop dude Anna Paquin isn't the only one wishing they were doing their role under Disney.
    It think Anna Paquin makes a great Rogue, but they didn't treat her right at all. She had so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

Wolverine got the best treatment out of any X-Man at Fox and even Hugh Jackman was interested in seeing Wolverine in the MCU when he learned of the Sony and Marvel Studios/Disney deal with Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Wolverine got the best treatment out of any X-Man at Fox and even Hugh Jackman was interested in seeing Wolverine in the MCU when he learned of the Sony and Marvel Studios/Disney deal with Spider-Man.
    Yep, Jackman and also Jennifer Lawrence have publicly expressed excitement about doing a movie under Disney/Marvel.

Default Part 1

OH TAS. The only iconic animation for marvel that the world see as that. Fact.
    I wouldn't say "only."

Marvel should have surpassed that by now but they continue to suck thanks to disney.
    Thought Marvel was largely left to their own devices.

Its not a highly subjective opinion when Disney factually says their comic movies are made to be as kid friendly as possible. disney said so,making it fact.
    You have yet to explain why that makes their movies bad. Some of the greatest movies ever created fit the description "kid friendly."

Ah, but tas was written for adults,, reason the show was highly successful and still stays relevant today. That is fact. Its not opinion, it is as factual as trump is the president today.
    I'll buy it's importance in a historical context, but how the heck is it relevant today? It hasn't aged that well and TV animation in general is doing a lot of what you're praising it for, but with better craftsmanship.

Lol, did I say xmen has the same popularity as batman? Superman, batman and ww for DC but when marvel came out big in the 60-70ss spiderman, xmen and f4 got close to the golden dc trio, this was when the war started of marvel vs dc. Moreover the point is only xmen and batman outgrew their parent company and became their own thing. More so for xmen these days. But it is spidey and xmen for marvel everyone else is just a Disney puppet that has zero relevance outside of their soon irelevant movies..
    I think you misunderstood me; Batman is DC's second-most popular franchise. I don't think X-Men is Marvel's second-most popular franchise. (Not bear in mind that I'm not saying it's not popular -- it is -- I just don't think it has the same place of importance that it once had. That happens sometimes; F4 used to be the cornerstone of Marvel; now it can't even support its own ongoing series.

Winter solider does not qualify because the movie is derivate...
    What the what? (Try listening to the BluRay audio commentary by the directors sometime. Their discussion shows a lot of care into their craft and careful planning on how to make this movie. It wasn't a disposable pop corn flick to them.)

...and out of the 17 mcu movies only 1 movie is good enough?
    Iron Man 1, Avengers 1, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2, and Civil War also belong on that list. (There are others that are also "good" - First Avenger, Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Doctor Strange come to mind, but the others are in a league of their own.)

I knew why mcu was awful. Disney marvel still has awful animation today. Thanks but i will stick to DC assault on akrham...
    I don't care for the animation of the current Marvel cartoons myself, but that's a different studio than the one that makes the Marvel movies, so not relevant.

...spidey been the biggest film in the world still does not make it not a flop by spiderman standards and the combine efforts of Sony and disney, the bottom line is the earlier movies were far more successful and sony did it alone with any help.
    Goalpost shifting. If the movie was a success, it was a success. Also, as I understand it, it did better business than the Webb movies, which is more relevant than if it didn't break records set by the Raimi movies. (Besides, by themselves, Sony made some really crappy Spider-Man movies; most of the problems with SM3 were because of things Sony wanted in it. Personally, I think the first two turned out so good because they got a good director who was able to work largely unhindered.)

Logan will be more profitable for fox than homecoming will be for sony and Disney...
    Maybe. I think it was a better movie than Homecoming.

RT, is was once credible but mcu movies destroyed it, this is the same site that rates dr strange over inception.
    It just aggregates critics, so if critics like Doctor Strange more than Inception, that's not RT's fault. RT does need to be taken with a grain of salt, it's not the be all end all judge on whether a movie is good or not and not all movies percentages of positive reviews are based on the same number of reviews. However, I'm not sure of a more accurate alternative to use as a basis of discussion and when you get a movie in the 90% range, it's pretty safe to say that a lot of critics liked it, which was my point; this idea that the movie received a mixed reception doesn't have much basis.

If I want to watch a first movie cbm, I will watch batman begins that has an 84% as that is a superior movie to homecoming.
    Saw the first part of that. Was not very impressed (although I did like Michael Caine and Gary Oldman as Alfred and Gordon). Granted, Batman is not something I tend to appreciate much outside of cartoons, but I have seen superhero origin story movies that hit the ground running a lot better. Just saying.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Default Part 2

Last i read on rt, spiderman 1 is the better movie than homecoming thanks to the content, last i asked the spiderman fans, they also agreed.
    Same here. I've found SM1 to have an unusually high level of rewatchability. (From best to worst, I list the Spider-Man movies as: SM2, SM1, Homecoming, SM3, ASM1, ASM2). However, that does not mean that Homecoming is bad just because it's not quite as good as another movie made prior.

many of us, do not take rt as proof of a movie been better than the other...
    Red herring. I didn't bring up the RT scores to "prove" that (and agree with you). I brought it up since you claimed that Homecoming was a divisive movie, which the RT scores, with their grain of salt, don't really match up with.

...we listen to smart people like martin Scorsese on how we can judge a good movie.
    Cherry-picking people who agree with your position is not a good argument (esp. in a field rooted in subjectivity). Besides, since, according to you, movies with a sense of humor can't be good, you're not coming across as knowing a lot about the subject.

In the thor ragnarok comics, the name is faithful to the Norse mythology. It would not have been called that if the meaning was different. Marvel then never dumbed things down.
    Age of Ultron the movie was a different story from Age of Ultron the comic. Could be the same case here. In any event, the movie and the comic are two different things, so if the movie is good on it's own terms, then it's a good movie, and vice versa if it's bad, (Besides, in terms of being faithful to the comics, the X-Men movies are extremely loose adaptations, but, as you've said again and again, are good movies. The same applies here.)

So daredevil is not still in film right? That is factual. this is not even a hard talk anymore. It becomes a goof when the facts are trying to get dismissed .
    Okay, if you believe Wikipedia, the TV branch had first claim on Daredevil, Marvel Studios wasn't interested in an R-rated movie at the time, and a TV show didn't "need" to be as big and bombastic as a blockbuster movie, allowing for a project that would best suite the tone of this smaller-scale character.

About you saying you want fox to keep the rights, what is important is you believe it.
    Then there's no problem.

Deadpool was made to be anti MCU. here
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/162...-to-the-writer
    Okay. More variety is good (although I never really wanted a smutty comedy).

the facts on DOFP.
    -It was not about saving the world in the generic avenger sense. , the world is not even mentioned. It was about saving humans and mutants from a holocaust.
    I'm not sure I'm seeing a significant difference. Trying to stop an evil robot from triggering mass extinction maybe different from preventing a holocaust future, but both fit the broad description

-at the climax of DOFP there was no explosions...
    Wrong. The final battle was Magneto dropping a stadium on the capital and controlling giant battle robots (with cuts to the future of the X-Men's last stand against those robots. That's very action-oriented (and would be perfectly at home in the MCU).

...it was just pure drama with emotional depth with Xavier/raven/mystique/future xmen. very TDKish….must be because Nolan admired the way singer made his comic films about the characters., funny dofp is one of the only few movie were the heroes wins thanks to one convinces the other to take a different part.
    Then give the devil his due, since there are quite a few MCU movies that would fit that bill.

The Avengers 1: The main theme was the team learning to function as a team (character-driven). While the climax didn't specifically deal with that, it was the finale of that story arc; all the important beats were on that hellicarrier.

Captain America: The Winter Solider: Ultimate climax is Cap trying to save a friend of his.

Guardians of the Galaxy 1: The final battle is the catalyst for this group of misfits finding something they've been missing (the "I have a plan" scene). On top of that, the climax of that battle is about Pete Quill coming to terms with his mother's passing -- the one thing he'd been running from the whole movie (and the unity of the team).

Ant-Man: Climax centers on a father's relationship with his daughter (actually a running theme through the movie).

Civil War: Climax is the fight between Iron Man, Cap, and Bucky Barnes, all driven by Iron Man wanting revenge for his father's death and Cap wanting to protect his friend (pure character drama).

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Quill fighting his father? Pure character drama set to the scheme of an earth-shattering kaboom. Also, Yondu's last scene before the Ravager gathering was arguably the hight of the climax and was the capping of a character-driven story arc. (Love it or hate it, this movie is extremely character-driven, much more so than many of the X-Men movies, IMHO).

Spider-Man: Homecoming: Climax is Peter learning the lesson that has been brewing the entire movie.

You don't like a movie, fine, but let's not engage in double standards here.

Like claremont, this is nolan telling us how to make a good xmen movie...so true nolan, so true. and thanks.
    http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movi...lan-x-me/70919
    Nolan probably would make a good X-Men movie. However, a Nolan movie is not the only kind of good movie there is, much less only kind of good X-Men movie (this is a franchise where you can tell stories about racism and characters suffering from drug addictions on one hand, but then have a tale about Spidey and Wolverine suffering from a Freaky Friday swap, and Wolverine II's little sister making a superhero costume for their pet wolverine to protect his secret identity, after all).

For a liker of both as you say, trying to rewrite the xmen movies to make xmen look like trash like the mcu is kind of cool.
    I'm not rewriting anything. Just because I like something doesn't mean I have to be blind to its flaws. It's also worth noting that the reason I'm focusing on the flaws of the X-Men movies is beause,

At least I don’t say I like mcu and xmen. I dont with good reasons backed up by many film experts.
    "At least?" When I say I like both, I'm being totally honest (why the heck would I have bought copies of almost all the X-Men movies and watch them if I didn't?). Like I said, I don't appreciate being called a liar. I've given you the benefit of the doubt that you honestly believe what you type, regardless of how wacky-doodle I find it. Why can't I be extended the same courtesy?

puting dofp on the same level is just off and the content of the reception of DOFP reject the idea. this movie killed winter solider 2014 the most serious movie mcu has ever made, now that is a movie that was all explosions by the 3rd arc unlike dofp that kept the drama with a less derivate plot, reason people adored the film and the majority will stick to what they think about the marvel comedy universe.
    To be honest, you're the first person I've "met" who's put DOFP over Winter Solider. Personally, I find the latter to be better by a small margin and kept the drama all through (both movies had action-heavy finales with character drama interwoven through). But, like I said, both are among my most favorite in the genre, so it's splitting hairs, really. (Also worth noting, the MCU has been wildly successful since. While it may eventually wear out its welcome, so far, box office scores strongly suggest that audiences want both X-Men and MCU, if anything.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Default Part 3

let me just stop here.usually those who support mcu movies don’t really defend their most awful like avengers 2 or gotg 2 or iron man 3 , they do see common grounds with those that dislike the MCU. Same for those that like or hate xmen movies.
    That's the strangest "worst" list I've ever seen. Guardians 2 was well-liked, as far as I can tell and personally easily one of the best in the MCU (and holds its own with the good X-Men movies too, but I digress).

Not so sure about Age of Ultron, although I think the weird backlash over that one (Black Widow calling herself a monster) was unfounded (it's painful how people to misunderstood the plain as day meaning of it). It's not quite as good as the first, to be sure, but my guess was that it's in the upper middle tier of the rankings.

Iron Man 3 does have a mixed reputation, I think it's fair to say, but I'm not sure if it's the bottom of the barrel. I think that Iron Man 2, Thor: The Dark World (which I actually like, even if I will agree it's not the best), and The Incredible Hulk are the traditional "worst of the MCU" listers. (I think most of the other movies are either well-regarded or seem to exist in this "good but not classic" status, if that makes any sense.) Do bear in mind, though, that these lists of what the fan favorites and punching bags are tend to be somewhat anecdotal, at best, and are not that reliable in the long run.

You know People usually ask what make xmen so special and iconic for marvel that they broke out of marvel and we live in a world today of marvel vs xmen, , well one of the reasons is because even the biggest haters of xmen, hate because of mcu inferiority tell us they like xmen too.
    How do we know that most MCU haters don't also hate X-Men, or don't care, or don't like superhero movies in general, much less that they're a majority (I recall when the DCEU was getting started, all I heard was how the MCU was the gold standard and Warner Bros. didn't have what it took)? I think that your conclusion on this point, while true for some, is the result of conformation bias.

In the end I hope fox does sell to Comcast, the Disney deal seems to be done and over with the announcement of a multiple man movie. Oh, I just cant wait toread replies of some trying to discredit Comcast with the obvious reason been anyone that tries to discredit Comcast is doing so because they support Disney geting fox and anyone that supports Disney supports xmen in the mcu….Its elementary, my dear Watson. elementary that shows xmen and mcu should never have any contact.
    Personally, I'm not sure I want Fox to sell to anyone and possibly upset or cancel the unmade X-Men movies in the pipeline. From a purely business standpoint, I suspect Disney would be the better deal for Fox (I will concede that, as a Star Wars fan, it would be nice to have the rights to those movies all under one roof). However, the status quo won't stay the same forever, regardless of how I want it to stay that way.

(Thought: Fox essentially leases exclusive right to X-Men film adaptations on a conditional basis. Even if the Comcast deal did happen, Comcast could still forfeit the rights back to Marvel or choose not to renew for whatever reason. There's no guarantee of what Comcast will do with the property and under the "use it or loose it" conditions, it's inevitable that Marvel will get the rights back eventually.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    It think Anna Paquin makes a great Rogue, but they didn't treat her right at all. She had so much potential.
    I really liked her take on the character, too.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Yes, only because this is the one animation marvel still milks, talks about, celebrates, do specials and brag about. They do not do the same For their other animated series.

Left to their own devices? and they keep making embarrassing animation not even a 7 year old can like?

Kid friendly comic movies are bad for xmen movies, reason I highly pointed xmen tas and what made xmen tas work because it was the firstcomic show that was made to not be kid friendly. Shall I post this again?

''They were really, really wrong. We tried to convey to them what was different about X-Men, and they didn't hear it. They thought, "They want to do something goofy and childish." They didn’t get it. So we had to send a bunch of people up and completely redo it [the casting] from scratch.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...on-hit-1052263

and reason Disney and xmen can never work, goofy and childish is not xmen, maybe they are not bad for mcu movies, but they are bad for xmen movies.

Ah but it is relevant today for a number of reasons, marvel has yet to top tas. The series had a lot of social commentary that are still relevant today . Infact alex jones once used a tas episode to give a social commentary of his own entitled opinions.
    tell me how are mcu movies staying relevant? Because you see jokey comedy cgi fest movies and smart marketing so kids can buy groot toys is not relevant.

Bottom line is marvel has only 3 real a list IP that came close to DC that came first and will always be first. Spiderman, xmen and f4. Funny, if you ask anybody today above the age of 30 who is the smartest marvel character, they will still tell you frank Richards and not tony stark. The story line of winter solider is derivate. The commentary is not really relevant because that is not a canon part of the movie. This is the plot i am taking about and the plot of the film is derivate and was way too predictable. They should have taken lesson from X2.

Iron Man 1, Avengers, Civil War and GOT 1 are at the end very kids friendly movies. They do not have the same tone or the heaviness of X2, First Class or DOFP.
    Ah But I care animation as it has always been part of the medium. reason Disney should stay away from xmen, we dont need Disney making xmen cartoons that will spoil the legacy of xmen tas.

Ah, but success is measured, success is not the question. The question is how successful is it? And the answer is not successful enough. People keep bashing Garfield’s spiderman but had you slapped a marvel logo on the grafield movie everyone would have praised it. When you say sony made crappy spiderman, also say they made the best spiderman with sam raimi and they need to go back to that. I give it 4 years until spiderman exits the mcu. Sony already wants a way out anyway.

Ah and people will still see strange rated higher than inception at the end funny an mcu movie not even a top 5 for the mcu beats out two movies that while they have the same content of dr strange (batman begins and inception) beats those movies because its stamped with mcu logo. At least with the Nolan batman movies and xmen movies and other non mcu movies we know their scores are credible and unchallenged unlike MCU movies.Funny, the content of justice league reviews is the same as thor 3 but look at their rt scores?lol

And yet batman begins is far better than homecoming from a film making and story telling stand point. Trust me it is not even close and you can start with the amazing cinematography of batman begins, to nolan’s distinctive style of story telling than trumps all over the simplistic cheap nature of homecoming , a movie you can tell has no creative input but following a soulless cooperate formula. We can get down on BB been superior to hoemcoming but not on this thread. Makes me remember when Nolan said mcu movies are not real. And he is right, they are not real.

-whatever makes you happy about the Age of CGI as one good critic called the ultron movie, I as a fan of xmen do not defend apocalypse a film that people even said was slightly better than ultron.

when has marvel announced their daredevil movie? I hate to point out the obvious but 2017 has been telling of the future of the mcu movies. They released 3 very ckild friendly movie all in one year. Gotg, homecoming and thor...so the chances of a serious daredevil movie with adult content is not going to happen. Funny you did think Disney will stop their obsession with xmen movie rights and make a solo daredevil film could rival logan or tdk but it isn’t happening ...never will happen.
    If you never wanted a smutty comedy then it is likely because you are not actually a fan of both and also a contradiction of wanting more variety.

LoL, Magneto dropping a stadium was not the final battle or the climax of the movie. The climax of movie was Xavier giving raven a choice... infact after magneto drops the stadium what follows next is a very serious and crucial dramatic moment that propels the story arc of the future of mutants as we see the sentinels wipe out almost all the xmen. This scene is now a classic...see the juxtaposition of story telling here mags talks of a better future and at the same time we see the future get a lot darker? No finds in mcu movies..

Another plot point, check out the cinematography of DOFP. It aint OOC bright , cartoony and colourful like the mcu movies. This is how you can make good drama
    UM, did you say perfectly at home in the mcu? LMAO. But you dont want xmen in the mcu..remember?. Can I just say something about this home thing. Disney has never been the home for xmen.

And you keep saying giant robots, usually actual xmen fans refer them to as Sentinels because they were far from your average giant robots you see in films and are one of the most notorious comic villains ever created,..Perhaps the most famous and also infamous A.I villains in comic history. as Xavier once said in xmen tas... sentinels are the living embodiment of all that is evil and unjust to man kind,

ah....see why we love TAS? the dialogue were usually smart, understanding to grown ups and well polished.

When someone tries to dismiss them as nothing but giant robots as a way to ignore what they represent, it shows just show once again, the extent the Disney supporters will go to play down the xmen lore to make it fit the failed mcu. No, your big giant robots is what is in avengers films not DOFP. That is the real theme of avengers. In winter soilder by the 3rd arc there was more fist fighting like all mcu movies. Avengers is not character driven, it is cgi driven, character driven movies are not thin plotted and generic. That movie gave a new name for blowing up cities than transformers did. Magneto only lifted a stadium , similar to TDKR of bane destroying a stadium, neither movies spent the next to last 45 minutes of the film blowing up cities like Avengers did and fighting, fighting, fighting.

You know all this movies you mentioned about MCU regardless of the plot point are still derivate comic films. That is the problem with mcu movies, they mention some of their themes but it is never evaluated or done deeply or taken seriously. We see it in iron man, yes we know he has substance issues but it is not dealt with then we see why. Disney banned a real story arc from the film. Duh.
    Lol, iron man and cap is not pure character drama for one reason? They physically fought more than they exchanged meaningful dialogue. First class is more pure character drama. I will show you below.
    Nolan will make a good xmen movie than Disney can ever dream off. In fact he is the perfect candidate to make a xmen movie because he hates mcu movies and to make a good a xmen movie you have to hate mcu movies, its is required in the job description best examples are Deadoool, logan and dofp. All 3 directors said they never personally liked the mcu approach and we see why.Have you seen inception? Hard Themes for Nolan are not hard. Only hard for mcu movies.
    Well this is a rewrite isn’t it? You said you like both but that is not reflective on your post and even right now, you saying I am the first person you have ever met that puts dofp over winter soldier, no, I am just one of the majority that puts dofp over tws simply because it is the better movie. you do know DOFP and WS got released at the same time? And when DOFP came out even with a sex scandal taking all the news, the movie destroyed winter solder. folks like James Mcvoy was hailed in the film as a best supporting actor contender for his portrayal of a broken Xavier because everyone was so amazed about how well acted the film was for a comic film. They must have forgotten the late great roger egbert take on X2 when he said xmen movies are usually acted better than the average blockbuster movies, i must blame the media forgetfulness on all the mcu basic movies they got so used too.

Saying i am the first person you have ever met that prefer dofp over TWS even on an xmen forum is laughable even here on the xbook forum. take it to marvel forums and trust me it will be the part 2 of Cyclops beating captian America as the better character. LOL