Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Default MCU: How different would the X-men be in Disney's hands?

NOTE: This isn't a thread to rant or rave about the perceived quality of MCU films, or turn it into a pissing contest between Mutants and fans of Disney's work. When discussing the stylistic differences, relationships between groups like the Avengers/Shield, and creative evolution over the course of the films- based off of what you've seen how or what affiliation would the Mutants have in the broader Marvel world? What groups would they support in the Civil war and how do you believe Disney writers would treat them as opposed to how they're portrayed by FOX? What are some things the MCU would do that would set it apart from FOX in terms of characters like Wolverine, Magneto/Xavier's relationship, or the budding romance between Scott/Jean as seen in Apocalypse? To summarize, how different would the Mutants be if they were used assimilated into the modern MCU?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Regardless if you like MCU or not it'd be alot better for the majority.

Video Games, Animation, Merch etc etc

Bendis would still be writing Uncanny X-Men and All-New X-Men.

I'm not sure we'd be getting all of the movies we are getting as the X-Men would take precedence over some other movies. The Inhumans would be a non-factor. We'd have more merch.

BUT.. I seriously doubt we'd have gotten Deadpool the way it was. And it was exactly what Deadpool needed to be.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

Yes to this, this is the sole reason I wish they were under the MCU umbrella.

I was against it in the beginning but at this point I would like if the rights went to Marvel and they rebooted everything.

Mainly 'cause TOYS, CARTOONS AND ALL.

Extraordinary Member

They would probably be more influenced by offshoot comics like Ultimate X-Men. The Fox movies started before the change of management at Marvel, so they draw more heavily on the Claremont comics than the MCU does on pre-2000 comics.

Also I think judging from what the MCU has done with Spider-Man, the MCU's X-Men approach would be more youth-oriented. The characters would be younger and it would be more like a teen drama. They don't approach all their movies that way, but I think they would go for something like that with X-Men to make it younger and hipper, especially if they got the X-Men back but Fox kept Wolverine (much like Sony has held back some Spider-Man characters).

And it would probably ease up on the time travel and try to make the movies easier to follow, because the MCU is not known for complicated storytelling; for better or for worse, they like simple stories.

BANNED

I think the characters would be more like the comic book characters and the females would be many times better, however that doesn't mean the movies would be a lot better. X-Men First Class was my favorite X-Men movie and it's better than a lot of MCU movies. I think the problem is mainly Singer but he should be gone soon so... better days.

Regarding the female characters; they wouldnt be treated better on the MCU movies than they have been under FOX.

And we wouldnt be having the problems with the licenses.

BANNED

Way, way different and better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

And there would actually be costumes onscreen which would be fantastic. You don't see DC resorting to leather spandex for their characters.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, also, sad to say, Tony Stark would have to be involved in the X-Men's creation somehow. Let's say Charles Xavier would be an old college buddy of his or something.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Oh, also, sad to say, Tony Stark would have to be involved in the X-Men's creation somehow. Let's say Charles Xavier would be an old college buddy of his or something.
    Well, given that in the ultimate universe the mutants are the result of military experiments; it would be that the mutants in the MCU are the result of the Starks trying to recreate the super-soldier serum that created the Captain America.

And yeah; the Professor X was Tony's college professor and Howard Stark's colleague and first guinea pig.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 08-20-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Tony would have definitely been the one who designed Cerebro.

There wouldn't be a retcon of Scarlet Witch's parentage, too.

Although having telepaths in MCU quite complicate their stories and is, I dare to say, movie(?)-breaking. Someone like Emma Frost allied with Juggernaut, Mystique and Magneto would easily stomp the entire Avengers team. Not to mention the existence of Sentinels would be quite full on WTF factor as in them targeting only mutants and not other superpowered beings who also wreck cities and prove a danger to humaity, not to mention aliens and androids.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    And there would actually be costumes onscreen which would be fantastic.

And because you gotta sell those new toys we'd get new costumes for everyone with each sequel!

Astonishing Member

The inhumans would never have been relivent and silently be killes off. They would be marketing the new X-Men academy x kids because money. We'd see less alternet universe characters and more focus on creating new ones. Jimmy Huston and the 05 would have been heading out. Oml would be sent back to the wastland to die killing off every villain, classic logan would be comming back and he and laura would both be wolverines. Less rehasing old storyes more new experiences.