Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Jaddor :
    ''X-Men is not about costumes and super powers like superman or even Spiderman
    It is about internal conflict that is ground in reality''.

funny, I think this was why X2, DOFP, FC were done as dramas than action movie.
    but Singer failed. Fox movies are more about shallow characters with super powers. That's majority of characters.
    YES Indeed. generic, uninspired, repetitive, thin plotted,
    Singer movies
    um, so which one is more faithful to the xmen mythos? you idea or X2?
    My idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Jaddor :

but Singer failed. Fox movies are more about shallow characters with super powers. That's majority of characters.

Singer movies

My idea.
    Not according to the hard evidence and the main characters of the movies that singer chose to focus on. only reason dofp, logan and X2 are so well acclaimed on Nolan movies level. last I watched, the characters in xmen had far more depth than all mcu characters.telling jokes and fighting every second is shallow.

I think this is why singer did not get a pass of apocalypse and all mcu movies get a pass. MCU Movies are shallow we all know it, we dont need david fincher to tell us again but every little bit help.

shallow means 90% cgi, lame jokes, desroying places, deriavte scripts aka mcu movies.

not shallow -90% drama, story telling, high stakes, strong performances, and focusing on heavy themes aka xmen movies.

thank you chris claremont, your legacy lives on and will never be destroyed by disney marvel both in comics and films as already proven the past recent years just on how xmen movies are saving the genre that disney movies have destroyed.

who is next after david fincher telling s how bad mcu movies are ? I will put my bet on Quentin Tarantino.
    when you have a series like MCU that is universally hated by the artists of the film craft and many long time comic book fans you dont give a series like xmen to that same MCU. it is not just logical.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-15-2017 at 11:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Not according to the hard evidence and the main characters of the movies that singer chose to focus on. only reason dofp, logan and X2 are so well acclaimed on Nolan movies level. last I watched, the characters in xmen had far more depth than all mcu characters.telling jokes and fighting every second is shallow.

I think this is why singer did not get a pass of apocalypse and all mcu movies get a pass. MCU Movies are shallow we all know it, we dont need david fincher to tell us again but every little bit help.

shallow means 90% cgi, lame jokes, desroying places, deriavte scripts aka mcu movies.

not shallow -90% drama, story telling, high stakes, strong performances, and focusing on heavy themes aka xmen movies.

thank you chris claremont, your legacy lives on and will never be destroyed by disney marvel both in comics and films as already proven the past recent years just on how xmen movies are saving the genre that disney movies have destroyed.

who is next after david fincher telling s how bad mcu movies are ? I will put my bet on Quentin Tarantino.
    when you have a series like MCU that is universality by the artists of the film craft and many long time comic book fans you dont give a series like xmen to that same MCU. it is not just logical.
    X2 or DOFP and Nolan level? where?
    You probably didn't understood mcu movies then.
    yeah... fox men movies -90% drama, stories, focusing on themes
    but fox has really great actors so it should 90% here
    Fox is trying to destroy but Claremont work is too good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Yes, it would be easy. But uninspired and repetitive.
    I don't think it has been done before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    X2 or DOFP and Nolan level? where?
    You probably didn't understood mcu movies then.

yeah... fox men movies -90% drama, stories, focusing on themes
    but fox has really great actors so it should 90% here

Fox is trying to destroy but Claremont work is too good.
    where on nolan level's?

Nolan and XMen movies are married in content, reception and praise because they have a lot in common and the directors admired eachother for their work. funny they hate disney mcu movies. we all should think deep to what david fincher said it is possible to tell thoughtful, adult, interesting, complex, challenging stories and figure out ways to pull them into it, there’s a chance at something that isn’t lassoed and hogtied by three acts like mcu movies. I think that was what nolan said about comic films not just the mcu disney ones.

he is right you know, ask John Landis. Ah yes, fox is trying to destroy claremont work and the reason why claremont said the DOFP movie should be what is was and not be like other comic films like avengers ouch.

Claremont wrote that new mutants horror demon bear saga right? that looks just like the trailer. funnier, disney cannot make a movie like that.
    ah yes, claremont work is getting destoryed indeed. reason you tried to ignore the fact that xmen was always grounded at the core until claremont told you so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    IT HAS....REASON ITS CALLED A FORMULA.

BANNED

So the MCU has a formula for the emergence of a new species of human now?

YES Indeed. generic, uninspired, repetitive, thin plotted, very kid friendly, not funny jokes, explosions.

only the press and so called critique of films will try to convince us it is good, when it is not.
    Why do you say "very kid friendly" like it's a bad thing? These films should be for kids it's a medium created for children. I love Star Wars but Lucas is right when he said it's movies were made for 12 years old. So I'm happy MCU films are kid friendly most superhero films should be.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 11-15-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

It was in First Class and DOFP.

BANNED

I dunno. I just don't want them to be terrible like they are under Fox

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    It was in First Class and DOFP.
    I don't see how DoFP qualifies.
    And First Class is a period piece that's set in its own universe.

The emergence of Mutants into the MCU could be their big Phase IV arc, spanning multiple movies, culminating in the new MCU X-Men movie.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I don't see how DoFP qualifies.
    And First Class is a period piece that's set in its own universe.

The emergence of Mutants into the MCU could be their big Phase IV arc, spanning multiple movies, culminating in the new MCU X-Men movie.
    DOFP had the entire reveal to the world. And we already had three movies showing a time before the X-Men and how the team came to be.

My point is that the MCU would just be retreading old ground. Similar to what Sony did with the Amazing Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 11-15-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Really now. Shall we ask the great Chris Claremont, Chris in his own words on what makes xmen different from everyone.

''X-Men is not about costumes and super powers like superman or even Spiderman
    It is about internal conflict that is ground in reality''.
    A story about time travel -- in a comic franchise that has involved parallel universes, alternate futures, a holodeck, aliens and space pirates, family trees involving members who are refugees from these alternate timelines, reality warping, trips to Hell and Limbo, magic, cloning, a mutant having a standing deal to wrestle an angel for a resurrection after death, sentient viruses, an evil cosmic bird that posses people for reasons, and a disco pop star -- is grounded in reality?

While the X-Men has some grounding in terms of the themes it has explored (e.g. racism, alienation, prejudice, etc.), it has always been at home in the crazy comic book-y stuff that the genre has been known for, and frankly can be as fantastic, if not more so, than the MCU.

funny, I think this was why X2, DOFP, FC were done as dramas than action movie.
    You do realize one of those movies was a time travel sci-fi adventure and another one involved a James Bond-style villain's scheme?

WOW....WOW.... I think this is also why the mcu propaganda on comic films fails, too many long time comic fans and film makers. as always the only way for MCU to even look passable compared to xmen is to just have a 1000% backward obvious wrong narrative of the xmen mythos itself.
    I don't even know where to begin here.

Funny, remember when you said us. Surely that was not us x-men fans because we do side with chris clarmeont and david fincher.
    yikes not even chris claremont thinks mcu way of making xmen movies is a good idea. trust me at this point disney has no credibility to take on xmen.
    Seeing as they haven't made one yet, we don't have any evidence to prove one way or the other. If you don't think that Disney would sign off on a darker movie in a series that has been usually more light-hearted, there was this little movie called Rogue One that they had made which was very successful and sits alongside less serious movies they made in that series, like Force Awakens.

Ah, remember when you said the mutants should be in shield as some kind of experiment in the mcu. now remember this in x2 explaining what mutants are

X2 epilogue

Mutation: It is the key to our evolution.
    It is how we have evolved
    from a single-celled organism
    into the dominant species on the planet.
    This process is slow, normally taking
    thousands and thousands of years.
    But every few hundred millennia
    evolution leaps forward.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.c...2-x-men-united

um, so which one is more faithful to the xmen mythos? your idea or X2?
    Speaking of people having a 1000% backward obvious wrong narrative of the xmen mythos....

The correct answer is "both." In the Ultimate comics, specifically the Ultimate Origins miniseries, it was revealed that mutants were accidentally created as a side effect in trying to expand on the project that made Captain America (the vast majority of the superheroes in Ultimate, including the origin of Spider-Man's spider, were side effects of trying to recreate it). Now, one can debate the pros and cons of the different versions, but both are perfectly valid origin stories. Saying otherwise would be along the lines of saying that Samuel L. Jackson cannot play Nick Fury because he's not white like the character was in the old 616 comics.

YES Indeed. generic, uninspired, repetitive, thin plotted, very kid friendly, not funny jokes, explosions.

only the press and so called critique of films will try to convince us it is good, when it is not.
    You're the only person I see trying to convince us of something along those lines, albeit in reverse.

Nolan and XMen movies are married in content, reception and praise because they have a lot in common and the directors admired eachother for their work. funny they hate disney mcu movies. we all should think deep to what david fincher said it is possible to tell thoughtful, adult, interesting, complex, challenging stories and figure out ways to pull them into it, there’s a chance at something that isn’t lassoed and hogtied by three acts like mcu movies. I think that was what nolan said about comic films not just the mcu disney ones.
    Appeal to authority. (If we're citing filmmakers opinions, Steven Spielberg has gone on record that thinking that the superhero movie genre is overplayed, which would include the current X-Men movies. Incidentally, Spielberg has also cited Guardians of the Galaxy 1 as his favorite superhero movie. So, if we're playing "best professional filmmakers opinions prove which is the best, you don't have a leg to stand on.)

he is right you know, ask John Landis. Ah yes, fox is trying to destroy claremont work and the reason why claremont said the DOFP movie should be what is was and not be like other comic films like avengers ouch.
    More appeal to authority. (Also, red herring; no one is trying to destroy Claremont's run on the comics, or anyone else's, for that matter. Besides, the comics and the movie adaptations of everything can coexist.)

Claremont wrote that new mutants horror demon bear saga right? that looks just like the trailer. funnier, disney cannot make a movie like that.
    Seeing as they don't have the film rights to the demon bear, of course they can't make a movie like that.

ah yes, claremont work is getting destoryed indeed. reason you tried to ignore the fact that xmen was always grounded at the core until claremont told you so.
    What the what?

That video is called confirmation bias. Casting isn't even part of a "storytelling formula," which involves the plot, writing, pacing, etc. Most of those other stuff in that video (like noting easter eggs and that there are a lot of smart characters) are just as bizarre. If this is your best case, I'd advise you to settle out of court.

At any rate, you can find plenty of YouTube videos to "prove" just about any position. For example, I can use YouTube to "prove" that the X-Men movies are bad (note that since the video was posted, the reviewer did cite Logan as being truly good, in his opinion). I don't agree with him at all, there it is:

(NSFW for language, by the way)
    Last edited by WebLurker; 11-15-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

[QUOTE=WebLurker;3239410]

interesting for a person that tired so hard to discredit the impact of TAS because it embarrasses the mcu movies big time or worse thinks spiderman has more classic story lines than xmen...yeah not really. though spidey is quite close ...other marvel ip....no where close.still LOLing at xmen evolution as having more impact? LAMO However, evolution still had more maturity, seriousness and dark elements than all the mcu movies do too because that is just the natural content of xmen regardless of how it is interpreted in other mediums.

sony had the opportunity to prove spiderman's legacy as the other marvel IP apart from xmen that has surprised marvel to the point that they dint even need the marvel disney brand and sony made the wrong decision, now they regret it. as I always say it is not my fault xmen always makes other marvel ip look idiotic, try to take that up with disney that chose to destroy and dumb those other marvel IP down.

yes a story about time travel, you miss the point about what we call grounded, for a fan of xmen. its called grounded as fiction can get while still keeping the fantasy elements. and you can start with the movies that look as real as they can get and tell more stories. um, you know how most mcu movies look like a cartoon and have zero plot? that is not grounded...that is not fictional reality as we call it or magical realism as it is know as in folklore, explore here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_realism

ay yes, spielberg, but he never praised it as high art. and that is 1 person, spielberg hated most of the mcu movies reason he said the genre will die like western. and it is not just him it is many. alan taylor, james mangold, chris nolan, ,mickey rouke, ridley scott, chris pine, fincher, Simon Pegg, ed norton. and more. you can have these many artists tell us mcu movies are awful and have it not be true...because it is. we xmen fans say it too.

Lol. lets not make excuses for Disney since we know disney will never make the demon bear saga, disney has the rights to daredevil and they dumped him on line, they have the right to spiderman and than made him the male version of sweet life zack and cody. also remember when feige said mcu will never be dark or serious? so it is of fact many movies like dofp,logan or new mutants will never be made by disney and um, Ragnarok is suppose to be dark and serious right? based on the comics and norse mythology...yet it is their funniest and light weight kids appeal movie yet. no thanks.

Yep, in that video I posted of claremont , he laid down how to make an xmen movie. sounded very anti mcu. chris even said xmen unlike the avengers are something more than the basic hero stuff.. argue with claremont and not with me. add many legendary film makers saying it too.

At this point, XMen in the MCU has become nothing more but hearsay. all I see here is just basic facts getting ignored so the Disney supporters can try and make it happen, thankfully that seems to be crashing too, it is only natural anyway. who looks at the teaser of deadpool 2 and new mutants and say Disney mcu is a good fit for xmen. NO ONE.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-16-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

The Deadpool 2 trailer is reason enough why Dis-Marvel shouldn't get the rights back.

As is Noah Hawley working on a Doom movie.