Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Movie Technicality. problems of mcu movies.

MCU will also fail X-Men on a technical level. In XMEN movies, the cinematography, score, VFX and sound editing are as important as the story,

X-Men plays well with cinematography to help set the tone of a film, for example,

magneto smashes he way out of prison, a scene that looks black and white but is actually colored in the lightest way. There is not a single mcu movie that is this beautiful on a technical level. every mcu movie is ugly and looks cheap.

a film school person explained why mcu movies are ugly, so don't think I am hating, I am saying facts.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/are-ma...-ea79bee39f8f/

Most of the future scenes in dofp, taking place in the night or in dark grey areas such as the Weapon X facility in X2, or inside the statue of liberty in X1. most of mcu fights takes place in the day to keep the film light heated

Cerebero in X2 using a more grounded , dirtier black and grey color palette. also using colors for metaphors of the film, for instance using red to represent mutant. red for danger. and using white to represent humans, white for good or innocence. which is how Stryker saw the mutant-human problem. so I as I said, in xmen the film technicality greatly supports the story.

However both the red and white take place in a background of blackness. blackness representing death and the no way win scenario for both humans and mutants if they continue to fight each other. in the outside word, the film has a grey color palette as the mutants began to die.

Nightcrawler's unleashes in the white house, keeping the film still grounded with that among of cgi effects and less colorful.

I could talk forever on X-Men movies understanding the technical side of film and uses it well with the story. MCU does not understand film technicality. thus resulting in mcu movies been bight , colorful and cartoonish. to appeal to kids who still write with crayons? and not blue or mostly black pens like adults?
    Last edited by Jaddor; 08-20-2017 at 10:55 PM.

BANNED

Please watch this to explain more of what I said.

Kindly look at the video of magneto in prison and this video together and you will already see the sharp difference in color palette and cinematography.

MCU to me is a disgrace to film making on every level imaginable. Am sorry OP. I will never support xmen and mcu as one unit because I will be betraying my love and artistic understanding of xmen and film making.

The good thing is many film makers such as John Landis, Wally Pfister (TDKR Cinematographer) and James Mangold are now making the conversion happen about how bad mcu movies are for story telling and film technicality.

As for many fans who try to have the conversation, we still get silenced because the press, critics and ent-media are now the right arm of marvel studios.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 08-21-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    It would be a totally different climate, so much so that I doubt anyone could even give a "good guess" as to what it would look like.

Firstly, we must consider the base scenario (ie. the start of it all). Is this a "Marvel produced X-Men film back in 2000 when the super-hero film genre was dismal, and the most recent attempt (Blade) was a mild success" or is this a "Marvel produced X-Men film in 2008 after [some other comic book franchises] successfully reinvigorated the idea" scenario?

We must also consider (in either scenario) the possibility that Disney would not be involved; would Disney have been interested in purchasing Marvel?
    Very good point.

If Marvel had the movie rights to X-men, they would most likely have started off and built their universe around the X-men simply because they were their most popular franchise (by a distance) for a very long time. Maybe not in merchandise (that's always been Spider-man) but that would have changed if Marvel owned the movie rights.

There would have probably been a Wolverine movie (a good one) after the first X-men and other popular characters like Gambit and even Storm might have followed (I'm looking at this from the perspective of 2000s). Marvel definitely would not have led off with Iron man or Hulk if the X-men were available.

Now, if it's a situation that somehow Disney get back the rights, then it will be a difficult to bring them in. Marvel will definitely inject a lot more humor and embrace the sheer "insanity" of the comics. A Deadpool movie would have been made but it wouldn't have been rated- R (it's very possible to make a good Deadpool movie that's not rated-R). I would love to see Marvel partner with Fox on the X-men movies. Deadpool and Logan were good but the core X-men movies have varied wildly in quality.

Marvel's track record of critical and commercial success has been impeccable (I'm not referring to our opinions, I'm looking at stuff that's fairly measurable), I can't say the same for Fox's X-men movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Movie Technicality. problems of mcu movies.

MCU will also fail X-Men on a technical level. In XMEN movies, the cinematography, score, VFX and sound editing are as important as the story,

X-Men plays well with cinematography to help set the tone of a film, for example,

magneto smashes he way out of prison, a scene that looks black and white but is actually colored in the lightest way. There is not a single mcu movie that is this beautiful on a technical level. every mcu movie is ugly and looks cheap.

a film school person explained why mcu movies are ugly, so don't think I am hating, I am saying facts.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/are-ma...-ea79bee39f8f/

Most of the future scenes in dofp, taking place in the night or in dark grey areas such as the Weapon X facility in X2, or inside the statue of liberty in X1. most of mcu fights takes place in the day to keep the film light heated

Cerebero in X2 using a more grounded , dirtier black and grey color palette. also using colors for metaphors of the film, for instance using red to represent mutant. red for danger. and using white to represent humans, white for good or innocence. which is how Stryker saw the mutant-human problem. so I as I said, in xmen the film technicality greatly supports the story.

However both the red and white take place in a background of blackness. blackness representing death and the no way win scenario for both humans and mutants if they continue to fight each other. in the outside word, the film has a grey color palette as the mutants began to die.

Nightcrawler's unleashes in the white house, keeping the film still grounded with that among of cgi effects and less colorful.

I could talk forever on X-Men movies understanding the technical side of film and uses it well with the story. MCU does not understand film technicality. thus resulting in mcu movies been bight , colorful and cartoonish. to appeal to kids who still write with crayons? and not blue or mostly black pens like adults?
    You are just full of shit aren't you?
    This is why I wish this site had an "ignore" button.
    Last edited by TitanMax; 08-20-2017 at 11:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    I was not shitting on anything. I was explaining why MCU movies look ugly and more of a cartoon than a real film. did you even read what I wrote?

does this help?
    http://ew.com/article/2012/10/18/wal...ises-avengers/

“I thought The Avengers was an appalling film,” he said, according to the Huffington Post (via the Sarasota Herald-Tribune). “They’d shoot from some odd angle and I’d think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling.

Its what I kind of said. do you understand me better?

BANNED

I was not shitting on anything. I was explaining why MCU movies look ugly and more of a cartoon than a real film. did you even read what I wrote?

does this help?
    http://ew.com/article/2012/10/18/wal...ises-avengers/

“I thought The Avengers was an appalling film,” he said, according to the Huffington Post (via the Sarasota Herald-Tribune). “They’d shoot from some odd angle and I’d think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling.

Its what I kind of said. do you understand me better?
    Again, this shit is why needs an ignore button.

BANNED

Kindly look at the video of magneto in prison and this video together and you will already see the sharp difference in color palette and cinematography.

MCU to me is a disgrace to film making on every level imaginable. Am sorry OP. I will never support xmen and mcu as one unit because I will be betraying my love and artistic understanding of xmen and film making.

The good thing is many film makers such as John Landis, Wally Pfister (TDKR Cinematographer) and James Mangold are now making the conversion happen about how bad mcu movies for story telling and film technicality.

As for many fans who try to have the conversation, we still get silenced because the press, critics and ent-media are now the right arm of marvel studios.
    from comments about this movie

I know the answer: 3D.

The film makers actually address this in special features/commentary. . . how they've "mastered" lighting and grading for 3D. That is why they have brighter black levels and even lighting, to make up for the darkening-effect of 3D glasses. And overly colorful images can cause crosstalk on some LCD active displays, which is likely what they are using for playback when shooting digital. Marvel has some of the least problematic 3D and it is totally because of the way they've chosen to light and color grade their movies. I think if you go back and look at the grading and lighting, you will see the Avengers look emerging when they began doing movies in 3D.

If you don't like it though, or you're not watching in 3D, just adjust your TV's settings. . . crank the saturation and lower the brightness and voila! Really, I think they should do two different masters, one for glasses on/3D, one for glasses off/2D.

Again, this shit is why needs an ignore button.
    The site does have ignore button. Go to the posters profile>Add to ignore list.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Obligatory "XCU: How different would the Avengers be in Fox's hands?" counter question just to snap people out of this one sided mentality
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

He's not personally attacking any poster. You ARE attacking him however.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Obligatory "XCU: How different would the Avengers be in Fox's hands?" counter question just to snap people out of this one sided mentality
    The original FF wasn't that far away from MCU fare TBH

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The exact same thread was made in Marvel section.

Here you go: http://community.comicbookresources....version-of-MCU

That search was not easy.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 08-21-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Jador = Selina?

The good thing is many film makers such as John Landis, Wally Pfister (TDKR Cinematographer) and James Mangold are now making the conversion happen about how bad mcu movies are for story telling and film technicality.

Ugh so that's it? Marvel movies always leave me with an squinting-eye-induced headache even the times I've watched them while lyfted. The X-Men movies def look better
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Jador = Selina?
    I think you are right.