Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I think Disney would have had to have them from the beginning of the MCU because the traditional X-men can't be brought in off-screen like Spidey. If you bring them in post phase 1/2/3 you are stuck leaning towards the Ultimate Universe take.

Given that there are other franchises to juggle they probably won't have a sequel or spinoffs that often.

Continuity would actually matter

Yeah, they'd have to use the Ultimate Universe origin. Otherwise, how do you explain people like Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine not being involved in earlier stories? With the Ultimate origin, it would simply be that they only got their powers late in life, not when they were teens like in 616. X-23 would be gone for some time, as due to being a clone, she can't be introduced until after Wolverine has been. Scarlet Witch's and Quicksilver's origin wouldn't have been changed for the movies, nor retconned in the comics. The ANAD X-Men and Inhumans comics would probably have taken a different direction - no terrigen mist poison storyline. Kamala Khan may well have been a mutant instead of an Inhuman. Her origin, while revealed from the beginning, didn't really come into play until IVX, which wouldn't have happened. And Carol Danvers has actually been a regular in Uncanny X-Men at one point, so it would've been a tighter link to her legacy.

I think it should happen and would be the best thing for X-Men fans since the 90's but I think it should *only* happen if they could somehow reboot everything in the MCU, which will be years yet I think. It (MCU reboot) will happen though, actors don't stay young forever and you can make a successful superhero film with a different actor playing the same character (Dark Knight trilogy, Man of Steel etc).

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

The best benefit with the X-Franchise being back with Marvel/Disney is that we would see the X-Men regain some of their stature as a major franchise in the Marvel Universe. I don't think incorporating them into the MCU would be too hard with the Infinity Guantlet coming in to play. They could reset the MCU, incorporating mutants into the MCU from the beginning of a recreated universe, just like they could, as rumored, use that type of opportunity to recast major roles with new actors
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    The best benefit with the X-Franchise being back with Marvel/Disney is that we would see the X-Men regain some of their stature as a major franchise in the Marvel Universe. I don't think incorporating them into the MCU would be too hard with the Infinity Guantlet coming in to play. They could reset the MCU, incorporating mutants into the MCU from the beginning of a recreated universe, just like they could, as rumored, use that type of opportunity to recast major roles with new actors
    Dr strange already established that alternate universes exist. They could set up Phase 4 to adapt Secret Wars and incorporate the X-men into the MCU as a result. I'd have 1 or 2 X-films set in a separate universe first though before doing that

Or they could just make them offshoots of the inhumans. Right now, Inhumans require exposure to the Terrigen in order to have their powers activated. They could change it so that people are mutating to no longer require that. There would probably need to be some big event which causes this spontaneous worldwide change. They could still introduce older mutants like Wolverine and Mystique whom largely kept themselves hidden and/or were too poorly understood to be classified as mutants

Amazing Member

It wouldn't make sense that mutants are feared, hated, the government sponsoring Sentinels while at the same time the world accepts super powered characters without any problems. Despite some of the flaws in the Fox movies the X-Men on film work best when they're the only super powered heroes running around.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcomicnerd View Post
    It wouldn't make sense that mutants are feared, hated, the government sponsoring Sentinels while at the same time the world accepts super powered characters without any problems. Despite some of the flaws in the Fox movies the X-Men on film work best when they're the only super powered heroes running around.
    This. It's easy to bring in characters like the Fantastic Four into the Mcu but if you're gonna try and bring in the X-Men your gonna need a Crisis on infinite earths style event to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcomicnerd View Post
    Did you not see CW? There are people that fear the Avengers. The power and potential destruction they bring was core to the film's premise and its false to say that in this universe the world accepts them with no problem. Inhumans are feared as well as seen on S.H.I.E.L.D. The X-men would just be another feared group and becoming the next step in evolution is something that a prejudice villian can exploit to spread propaganda and make it worse for mutantkind thats emerging.

The films would be awful, no doubt.

The casting would suck and we wouldn't have Deadpool or Logan

The movies as a whole would be better for sure. On the downside, they wouldn't touch an R-rated movie, and that worked very well for both Deadpool and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

The casting would suck ..
    mm, yes, I too lie to myself repeatedly at times when I don't like reality.

Ultimate Member

They'd probably be more comic book accurate, and they might do a better job of balancing the teams. And the timeline/continuity would probably be easier to follow as well.

On the other hand, I kind of doubt that they'd let the films push things as far as Fox has. The minority rights metaphor might not be as overt, and we'd definitely have not gotten Logan and Deadpool the way that they are.

Honestly I don't want X-Men in the MCU (I'm more open to FF going back, if only because seeing Dr. Doom and Galactus in the MCU=YES PLEASE). They often don't seem to naturally fit in even with the other Marvel comics imo, their best stories tend to be when they're off on their own. And I just don't see the films being much different in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

The casting would suck and we wouldn't have Deadpool or Logan
    that wouldn't be a big loss. I think both movies are overrated, and is like 2 movies for 17 years that fox have x-men.

Better movies, but then we wouldn't a big expanding MCU. Marvel only went with iron man because they had no big stars availiable

Ultimate Member

X2, DOFP, FC, and TW are also better than many (but not all) of the MCU films as well.