Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    X2, DOFP, FC, and TW are also better than many (but not all) of the MCU films as well.
    That's an understatement. Mutants and other superheroes barely mesh well together in the comics. Its going to be lot harder in live action The Xmen are not something you shoehorn into the MCU like they did with Spiderman.

Anyway mutants in the MCU ship has sailed. The MCU has the Inhumans though, those lovable and worthy mutant replacements lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    X2, DOFP, FC, and TW are also better than many (but not all) of the MCU films as well.
    I will say X2 and DOFP are better than all the mcu movies. come on, the mcu movies are cartooney kid stuff. lets not pretend they are anything else, and its not like marvel pretends they are something more.

FC maybe on the same plain as TWS and CW but first class edges them out because first class handled the political and social themes a lot deeper than TWS and CW. and unlike CV and WS, FC stayed character driven till the end. the end of...I prefer ....Magneto. CW and TWS got lost in the action and the easier plot of TWS and CW does not help much.

You will not find any scene in CW or TWS like this in first class. a scene that can combine, character development, great acting, terrific cgi, emotional depth, musical score. all at once to have an unforgettable moment, that can push the boundaries of comic films are just entertaining action packed fun aka mcu movies. as I said, mcu is inferior in film technicality as well as story telling. this is one of the many proofs.

No scene in TWS or CW is this good. sorry.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 08-23-2017 at 12:41 PM.

BANNED

political and social commentary of first class and civil war. comparison.

in civil war it is simple.

tony: register people will die, I spoke to a mum that lost her son.

steve: I wont regisiter

fight fight fight at the airport and have FUN with bright cinemtogopahy. WTF

Now compare that to this laid back scene in first class where xavier and magneto clash on philosophy. add the more darker cinematography to set the serious tone of the movie, this one is a drama, deep thinking of two great minds with great acting from Mcvoy and especially Fassbender. who becomes the MAGNETO we all know and love

Last edited by Jaddor; 08-23-2017 at 01:15 PM.

BANNED

[B]more political and social commentary of first class and civil war. comparison.[/B]

tony: bucky killed my parents

steve: he is my friend.

fight fight fight ....

First Class.

Xavier : there are thousand of men out there just following orders.

Magneto : I have been at the mercy of men following orders, never again.

painfully, no writing words in civil war or tws comes close to magneto's response of the real consequences of a real war. not that fun airport scene we saw in civil war.

It does not take a person to read well to understand which is deeper, or who was harder to take sides with unlike civil war that was so simple and for that simplicity made up by over the top long running fight scenes compared to x-men that allows the story and character interaction to do the work.

more example on the break down of friendship.

Steve: He is my friend

Tony: So was I.

-------------- Now seee how xmen handles the complex friendship with more depth than civil war ever did.

Xavier: Erik. Please. She didn't do this, Erik. You did.

Magneto: Us turning on each other, it's what they want. I tried to warn you, Charles. I want you by my side. We're brothers, you and I. All of us together, protecting each other. We want the same thing.

Xavier: My friend, I'm sorry, but we do not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MCU still has a lot of growing up to do to get into the serious adult comic films that xmen has mastered in story telling, tone, plot, film technicality and unconventional comic book movie script. ah, I remember now. they really want to grow up so black panther is getting inspiration from xmen movies not mcu own movies.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/...sor-x-magneto/
    Last edited by Jaddor; 08-23-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Spectacular Member

Nice to see Black Panther taking some inspiration from the Xfilms. Makes me anticipate it a lot more.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    The films would be awful, no doubt.

The casting would suck and we wouldn't have Deadpool or Logan
    What makes you think that? I think the Marvel has done a pretty solid job of choosing actors. The casting in X-Men films has been more uneven. They picked a few no-brainers (Stewart, Fassbender, Reynolds) and got incredibly lucky with Jackman (who was a last-minute replacement) but they've also made a lot of casting choices that were so-so or even bad.
    Last edited by Papa Moai; 08-24-2017 at 02:37 AM.

The MCU does lack emotional punch and high stakes. That's the main problem it has and that's why the Winter Soldier was the best movie they made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    The MCU does lack emotional punch and high stakes. That's the main problem it has and that's why the Winter Soldier was the best movie they made.
    winter solider was indeed their best movie because it was almost like an xmen movie. although winter solider suffers from quite a thin plot and a setting where the characters are just pieces to move the story along unlike an xmen movie where the characters are the stories.

Notwithstanding, winter solider was a good effort for A film series (MCU) that has seriously damaged the reputation of the comic book genre.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    winter solider was indeed their best movie because it was almost like an xmen movie. although winter solider suffers from quite a thin plot and a setting where the characters are just pieces to move the story along unlike an xmen movie where the characters are the stories.

Notwithstanding, winter solider was a good effort for A film series (MCU) that has seriously damaged the reputation of the comic book genre.
    My big problem with Winter Soldier is that it was just so BLATANTLY obvious Redford's character was the bad guy. The very first time he walked on the screen, I was like, "Yup, that's our villain." In fact it was SO obvious, keeping him good would have made for a bigger and far more interesting twist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Like Xmovies have high stakes, killed off a ton of people in X3 just to turn around and bring em all back
    Hell the only characters who really stayed dead in xmovies are the ones that took place in the past.
    Last edited by TitanMax; 08-25-2017 at 06:53 AM.

BANNED

Ok now you're making stuff up. Winter Soldier is nothing like the X-Men movies.
    And the characters who make the stories you mean Logan, Xavier and Magneto right? Because no one else does anything.
    Yeah the MCU has seriously hurt the comic book genre, which us why the movies consistently get critical acclaim, perform well at the box office and now studios are scrambling around to copy it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    My big problem with Winter Soldier is that it was just so BLATANTLY obvious Redford's character was the bad guy. The very first time he walked on the screen, I was like, "Yup, that's our villain." In fact it was SO obvious, keeping him good would have made for a bigger and far more interesting twist.
    Sadly is was, so my good analysis of a thin plot. Even worse than Obadiah in iron man 1.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Like Xmovies have high stakes, killed off a ton of people in X3 just to turn around and bring em all back
    Hell the only characters who really stayed dead in xmovies are the ones that took place in past.
    DOFP and X3 have how many years apart.

And they can be brought back based on time travel laws, if you care to learn it. what DOFP did was make xmen work hard for it. this is what you call high stakes.

do you know the outcome had mystique not dropped her gun?

jokes, dancing for the villains, idiotic dialogues ,light hearted tone are not high stakes they are cartoonish and generic. And insulting to xmen.

BANNED

Sadly is was, so my good analysis of a thin plot. Even worse than Obadiah in iron man 1.
    Let's be fair, anyone who was remotely familiar with the Iron Man comics knew Stane was going to be Iron Monger by the end of the film. Pierce never went bad in 616 from what I could tell (funny how the MCU doesn't get flak for that adaptation Heel Turn).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Since when was Alexander Pierce being evil a twist? Because it really seem that way.