Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Ok now you're making stuff up. Winter Soldier is nothing like the X-Men movies.
    And the characters who make the stories you mean Logan, Xavier and Magneto right? Because no one else does anything.

Yeah the MCU has seriously hurt the comic book genre, which us why the movies consistently get critical acclaim, perform well at the box office and now studios are scrambling around to copy it.
    Oh please Winter solider is like an xmen movie only weaker. but it is the best of the marvel bunch.

at least Logan, Magneto, Xavier are 10 dimensional characters.

critical acclaimed from biased critics that tells you how much iron man 3 is good? critical acclaim that tells you dr strange , iron man1 and homecoming are better origin movies than batman begins?

box office sponsored by the transformers disney kiddy demography is a good reason?

you have got to be kidding me right now.

marvel has hurt comic the genre. do you know how many film makers hate the mcu movies and now have a poor reception of comic books movies just because of mcu?

You have got to be kidding me right now, see this is a pattern here. many mcu fans use the same talking point but not even them can deeply explain what makes mcu movies great.

tell me, how is homecoming better than spiderman 1 (2002)? tell me exactly.

xmen movies are the only movies currently keeping the comic book genre look like high art right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    DOFP and X3 have how many years apart.

And they can be brought back based on time travel laws, if you care to learn it. what DOFP did was make xmen work hard for it. this is what you call high stakes.
    Keep making excuses, the simple fact is despite what you claim about the MCU Xmovies don't have any higher stakes, hell as much as I love Logan they didn't even kill Wolverine in the present they killed him the future so he can still show up in other movies.

jokes, dancing for the villains, idiotic dialogues ,light hearted tone are not high stakes they are cartoonish and generic. And insulting to xmen.
    No jokes, lighthearted tone and dancing are fun and entertaining, you'll find that people don't need everything to be grimdark and serious to like something.
    If you need it to be like that that's your problem.

BANNED

tell me, how is homecoming better than spiderman 1 (2002)? tell me exactly.
    It is funny, and the bad guy didn't steal his suit from a Power Rangers set.
    The Spider-Man suits, both the home-made one and the Stark one look way better.

Also, vastly superior music. Sorry, I love Danny Elfman, but he dropped the ball on that one. Oh, and it most actors don't look 10 years older than the characters they play. And it has webshooters.

jokes, dancing for the villains, idiotic dialogues ,light hearted tone are not high stakes they are cartoonish and generic.
    That is so not what "high stakes" means.

When you have a dude who want to use the Power Gem to obliterate a planet, that's high stakes. Tone doesn't come into it.
    Last edited by Carabas; 08-25-2017 at 07:27 AM.

BANNED

at least Logan, Magneto, Xavier are 10 dimensional characters.
    Yeah that's all I need to read to know everything you say is complete crap and that's not even getting into "bias critics" bullshit you people keep bringing up because you can't handle the fact your opinion is minority.

BANNED

Yeah that's all I need to read to know everything you say is complete crap and that's not even getting into "bias critics" bullshit you people keep bringing up because you can't handle the fact your opinion is minority.
    my opinion in not the minority. your opinon is the minority because you can not explain to me how mcu movies are good?

rt is not a site for judging a good movie. actually reading the critical review and see what the critics are saying may help.

do you know what I said , many film directors have said and implied the same thing from people that made mcu movies and people that acted in it. try alan taylor and mickey rouke for a start. dont get to the nolan or mangold territory yet.

BANNED

rt is not a site for judging a good movie. actually reading the critical review and see what the critics are saying may help.
    Did You read all critic reviews about all movies?
    or You "read" them like Uncanny Avengers (You don't know that Human Torch is in this comic)

BANNED

Nothing MCU has been as good as Logan or Legion so I'm fine with Fox.

BANNED

my opinion in not the minority. your opinon is the minority because you can not explain to me how mcu movies are good?
    Nothing about that sentence makes any sense.
    First no one brought up Rotten Tomatoes you did, second Rotten Tomatoes compiles critic reviews, so keep making excuses.
    do you know what I said , many film directors have said and implied the same thing from people that made mcu movies and people that acted in it. try alan taylor and mickey rouke for a start. dont get to the nolan or mangold territory yet.
    I can't even tell what you're saying here but I can tell it's complete BS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Nothing MCU has been as good as Logan or Legion so I'm fine with Fox.
    You say that like Legion isn't a joint production between Marvel and Fox.

Meh...Logan would be short and Cable would be larger with fully gray hair. Neither would be as brutal, though.

I think the movies would be much better, and the characters would relate better to the comics. Their personalities in place. There are just a few exceptions of good characterization on X movies.

I know what we have to loose with Disney... a movie like Logan wouldn´t exist. But on the other hand, think about netflix and it´s posibilites. An X-23 or Logan Netflix show similar to Daredevil would blow everyone´s mind away.

BANNED

You say that like Legion isn't a joint production between Marvel and Fox.
    It's not really. Marvel signs off but the production is largely Fox and it airs on their network. And it's also entirely outside Feige's MCU purview.

BANNED

It's not really. Marvel signs off but the production is largely Fox and it airs on their network. And it's also entirely outside Feige's MCU purview.
    More excuses, marvel had a part in the show too whether you like it or not.

BANNED

More excuses, marvel had a part in the show too whether you like it or not.
    Too bad Marvel can't make a show that quality on their lonesome. Instead we get garbage Iron Fist and Inhumans.

Who knows though, maybe Legion would have been EVEN BETTER without Marvel checking their boxes.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Too bad Marvel can't make a show that quality on their lonesome. Instead we get garbage Iron Fist and Inhumans.

Who knows though, maybe Legion would have been EVEN BETTER without Marvel checking their boxes.
    Inhumans hasn't aired yet. Also two shows out of what? The others that are really good and incredible from Daredevil to Jessica Jones or maybe the upcoming Cloak and Dagger.