Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    We are so lucky Fox never bought the rights to Spider-Man. A young guy swinging on the rooftops in black leather with a paper bag on his face? The action sequences would have been so low budget.
    low budjet. not really.

this is how you use cgi in movies. grounded, real, realistic.

think mcu can learn so they can move from ps2 looking game designs ? and not have film directors like John Landis hate their movies next time for molesting cgi.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 08-25-2017 at 03:03 PM.

The first two Raimi Spider-Man films are my favorites with Homecoming coming in third but Holland is the best Spider-Man IMO.

I love both Legion and Marvel's Netflix Shows, Agent Carter was awesome as was last season of AoS.

As for X-Men in the MCU it's a catch twenty two in some ways it would be stifling and we'd never get 3 X related films next year if Marvel was making them but the comics would benefit IMO but Marvel isn't really good now so I say Fox having the rights is a good thing. But damn it Fox needs to give the FF to the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    and spidey fans get to talk too.

http://community.comicbookresources....-vs-Bad/page15

what are the spidey fans saying? say as moi.
    1 post - Just saw it, really liked it; lot of good little details - not perfect - but highly enjoyable
    2 post - I still like Raimi's first two Spidey movies best overall but I do think that Tom Holland really nailed both Peter and Spider-Man, giving us the best version of both yet by far.
    4 post - Tom Holland is the better Spider-Man, but SM 1 and SM2 were better.
    5 post - I loved SM and SM2 a lot, but that was years ago. I love the MCU right now and Homecoming fit in perfectly with that universe. I cannot wait until Avengers: Infinity War! (he later added that he prefers Homecoming
    6 post - Tom Holland seems to amalgamate traits/aspects of his two predecessors: He has the innocent, earnest "aw shucks" quality of McGuire's take and the more confident, rebellious,
    and wise-cracking swagger of the Garfield take--he's the best of both worlds. Holland also draws some influence from the wide-eyed, excitement of Micheal Jay Fox's Marty McFly.
    7-8 are without any opinion
    9 post - I think SM2 is slightly better than Homecoming, but Homecoming is in the discussion. I do think it's better than SM1. All three are great super hero movies.
    I do think Tom Holland is the best combination of Peter Parker/Spider-Man we've seen on film.
    10 - All in all ... a solid, down to earth movie and a breathe of fresh air that the MCU needed.
    11 - I think Homecoming is a terrific step forward, and Holland is excellent playing both Peter and Spider-man.
    12 - This sums up my thoughts very well. Tom Holland is the best actor to portray Peter Parker and Spider Man. But I would like to see Hobgoblin in the future.

It looks like majority like this movie

BANNED

This looks low budjeted. its a cartoon.

this is a real feedback from a film maker.

Wally Pfister, director Christopher Nolan’s longtime cinematographer, is not a fan The Avengers. why?

“I thought The Avengers was an appalling film,” he said, according to the Huffington Post (via the Sarasota Herald-Tribune). “They’d shoot from some odd angle and I’d think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling.”

ah, looks like some mcu fans cannot bring the depth here like their movies. its all the same mindless non effective attacks.sadly that is not making mcu movies get any better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    haha

He would be probably old and without mask
    because people need to see his face to understand his emotions (reason why Cyclops is not important in X-men movies)
    LOL. Yeah it's all about the constipated faces the X-Men actors make in the dramatic sequences.

Xavier is crying! Oscar nomination!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    1 post - Just saw it, really liked it; lot of good little details - not perfect - but highly enjoyable
    2 post - I still like Raimi's first two Spidey movies best overall but I do think that Tom Holland really nailed both Peter and Spider-Man, giving us the best version of both yet by far.
    4 post - Tom Holland is the better Spider-Man, but SM 1 and SM2 were better.
    5 post - I loved SM and SM2 a lot, but that was years ago. I love the MCU right now and Homecoming fit in perfectly with that universe. I cannot wait until Avengers: Infinity War! (he later added that he prefers Homecoming
    6 post - Tom Holland seems to amalgamate traits/aspects of his two predecessors: He has the innocent, earnest "aw shucks" quality of McGuire's take and the more confident, rebellious,
    and wise-cracking swagger of the Garfield take--he's the best of both worlds. Holland also draws some influence from the wide-eyed, excitement of Micheal Jay Fox's Marty McFly.
    7-8 are without any opinion
    9 post - I think SM2 is slightly better than Homecoming, but Homecoming is in the discussion. I do think it's better than SM1. All three are great super hero movies.
    I do think Tom Holland is the best combination of Peter Parker/Spider-Man we've seen on film.
    10 - All in all ... a solid, down to earth movie and a breathe of fresh air that the MCU needed.
    11 - I think Homecoming is a terrific step forward, and Holland is excellent playing both Peter and Spider-man.
    12 - This sums up my thoughts very well. Tom Holland is the best actor to portray Peter Parker and Spider Man. But I would like to see Hobgoblin in the future.

It looks like majority like this movie
    that was not the majority. out of the 15 pages. there are more complains of bad than good. eg

2. I still like Raimi's first two Spidey movies best overall, because he gave us a CLASSIC version of Spider-Man and his universe, just updated for a modern setting. Homecoming really missed the mark on that,
    4. Tom Holland is the better Spider-Man, but SM 1 and SM2 were better.
    18. The Bad: I personally, did not like the tone that they went with. For some Disney/Marvel movies the very very light tone and Jokes Galore works, LIke Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant Man, but does every movie they make have to be like an episode of Whose Line is it Anyway. And I know that some people will say that's who spider-man is but that is not necessarily true. It really depends on the version of Spider-Man. This movie felt like a cartoon version of Ultimate Spider-Man thrown onto the big screen. And while that may appeal to a younger audience, it may not appeal to the older audience like myself. I do not particular care for Ultimate spider-Man, but it seems like it is becoming the default version of Spidey.

I did not really see the need for Ned, what was his purpose besides being more comic relief in a movie that is filled to the brim with comic relief. I know someone might say that well he did save Peter's life at the end which leads me to another point. Where is Spidey's Spider-sense. It seems like this is another movie that has ignored the spider-sense. In Raimi's movies it was at least alluded to. I didn't see it once in Spider-Man Homecoming.

Next point, Since when does Spider-Man worship the ground Tony Stark walks on. That was one of the most frustrating aspects in Civil War and it is clearly evident in this movie. Of my knowledge of Spidey comic books I don't recall Spider-Man worshiping or seeking out Tony Stark as a mentor figure. Spider-Man has always been a ground level character if he were to seek out some advice for anything it would be Daredevil or Luke Cage....hell even wolverine, Captain America, but Stark??? Nah son. I wanted to tear my hair out when Peter said he wanted to be like Stark.

I would have liked to see Spider-Man actually take down the Vulture instead of having the Vulture take down the Vulture. I mean really I don't even recall Spider-Man in this movie throwing a punch, or a kick or really battling the Vulture, like in the previous movies, SM1: Spidey had a brutal fight with the Green Goblin SM2: Spider-Man threw down with Ock 3: Sandman Amazing Spider-Man 1- He fought the Lizard. I kept screaming in my mind Fight. Fight. but he didn't really fight him. He just did some flips.

Final point for now would be the suit. While some of the gadgets were cool and it made for some funny or interesting moments, I kept thinking to myself is all of that really necessary. Spider-Man has only really needed his web-shooters. I've always liked the aspect of him being some guy who made his costume in his room, which is kinda why I got excited when he put on his original costume (Which kinda looked like Scarlet Spider costume). Part of Spider-Man's character was that all he really needed in a fight was his will to never give up. And in this movie it seemed like he relied too much on the suit. The suit is what made him spider-Man. Even when Stark gave it back at the end, wouldn't it have been better to see him stash that costume away and start making his own.

I know I'm probably in the minority. It seems pretty much everyone has fallen in love with this movie, and while I want to love it, I can't. At best it is good not great.

Spider-Man 2 is still the best Spidey movie to me, and that's just my opinion.
    204:
    The Bad:
    This Peter is a jerk, he's the biggest jerk on film. I find the guy in Amazing relatable and misunderstood (like, the promise he made was something he was doing before George knowing about him; "Keep.. Gwen.. out of this"), while this Peter is more on the jerk/annoying side. Some of the things people complained about Peter when it comes to Amazing movies are here, done worse, and some more, like stealing Flash's car and snooping on his girlfriend, creepy stares, breaking fences when he can easily jump over them....
    Peter Parker stole material from school for his web fluid.
    Penis Parker.
    May, she's boring.
    Foggy is annoying.
    Flash Thompson almost hits Peter with the car, and that was a joke.
    Another villain knowing Spider-Man is Peter Parker. That doesn't need to happen every time, the character doesn't need a personal connection to every villain.
    Shocker was killed, and that was that.
    Peter almost drowned, and needed to be rescued by Iron Man.
    This Spider-Man endangered more people because of his mistakes than Amazing guy did, far more.

and it goes on, ah, most that are talking on the bad are writing essay for substantial reason? a far cry from mcu fans that cant get 4 sentences on the good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    LOL. Yeah it's all about the constipated faces the X-Men actors make in the dramatic sequences.

Xavier is crying! Oscar nomination!
    xavier crying? nah, that was the critics and experts were crying.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/201...jackman-x-men/

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/osc...ns-1201789020/

ah, oscars and mcu cannot be used in the same sentence because silly cgi infected movies cant get oscar talk.

um, wait, you said Logan was overrated? lol.

hm, no wonder mangold hates muc movies.

Astonishing Member

I know I'm probably in the minority. It seems pretty much everyone has fallen in love with this movie, and while I want to love it, I can't. At best it is good not great.
    Definitely in the minority along with your other opinions.

BANNED

are you referring to ramimi movies? if you are you might want to look up some fact and why his movies are superior.

1. Peter made the costume. it looked more grounded and real. homecoming is worse because the costume is made by stark industries and looked very childish.
    For me I don't find Spiderman believable in the movies. Not so much the story, but the actors. You really could put a stuntman in the uniform and have the actor do ADR and there wouldn't be a difference. You can't see their face for any emotional cues. "Oh that's really Toby/Andrew/Tom doing those scenes" really? how can you tell?

BANNED

Jaddor:
    that was not the majority. out of the 15 pages. there are more complains of bad than good. eg
    not really
    you also showed 3 posts that SM was better than Homecoming (first 18 posts)
    and even then at least one of them had also part" Tom Hollan is best Spiderman"
    I don't think that this is majority

what about next posts?
    19 - I loved the movie. Homecoming in general, and Holland in particular, have IMO perfectly recaptured the tone of the early Lee/Dikto Spider-Man, albeit updated to the present-day.
    20 - 1. SM2 / 2. Homecoming
    21 - Having watched the movie twice now, and having liked it even more the second time around,
    22 - I think what I liked most about this film was their reinvention of the Vulture.
    23 - om Holland as Peter Parker Spider Man is top notch. Iron Man’s appearances were brief and cool and it did not detract.
    some talk
    26 - Think they did a good job threading it through the MCU , despite the late start
    27 - I liked homecoming a lot.
    28 - My favorite Spider-Man movie

BANNED

Jaddor RE: Xelossik
    16. the mary jane twist robbed me wrong. her initial M.J is as important as the full name mary jane watson. it was handled poorly. It felt like they were trying to have their cake and eat it too. they were trying to tell us she is mary jane but she is not mary jane.
    18.Yea the MJ reveal just felt a bit odd. I mean, while the casting for Flash definitely had a lot to live up to for people's expectations, I find that he did capture a more modern kind of bully/popular guy type of character which still could fit a high school Flash. MJ on the other hand didn't really feel like she had any of Mary Jane's personality traits so the reveal felt a bit forced especially when she has a different name. We'll have to see where things go from here to see if the name was meant to be a cleaver nod and that Mary Jane is a character who will be revealed later or if she is literally the MCU Mary Jane.
    19. I loved the movie. I don't really see the point comparing it to Raimi's Spider-Man (which I grew up watching) because it was a different era and context altogether. I can compare it favorably to the Webb Amazing Spider-Man series (of which I liked the first one and didn't care much for the second).
    The one aspect I found a little, well, not 'off-putting' but jarring certainly was the whole Tony Stark/Happy Hogan subplot. I understand the need to highlight the fact that Spider-Man is now part of the larger MCU, and to also lead out of Spidey's cameo in Civil War in a way that makes narrative sense. But Peter basically being Tony's arms-length protegee and wanting to seek his and Happy's approval didn't at all seem like my mental image of Spider-Man. Then again, I appreciate that this is a different take on the character and his origins and honestly, its a credit to the film that Tony's presence didn't really overshadow Peter's arc too much. Honestly, I felt it paid off pretty well when Peter decides in the end to reject Tony's offer and remain a 'Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man'.

The teched-out Spidey suit with AI was certainly a fun concept for this movie but I am concerned about its long-term ramifications for the franchise. Since Peter continues to wear the suit Tony gives him, will Karen remain a fixture of future Spider-Man movies? Will he continue to have a suit with all kinds of fancy features like web-grenades and an 'interrogation mode' (not to mention, 'instand kill')? I'm not really sure if it'll be a good thing or a bad thing moving forward.

31.If you want to show people who Spider-man truly is I would recommend the first 2 Sam Rami films. As they're the "Superman" for Marvel themed movies.

32.Default
    good....vulture, and sense of fun.
    bad, everything else...what a pile of crap. it goes to show that you can slap marvel on something and people will like it even if it isnt any good
    comics:with great power comes great responsibility
    movie:with great power comes the need to impress tony stark
    Bad:
    -I'm not down with Stark recruiting a 15-year old without facing some kind of real consequence for that. And he puts in a "use lethal force" auto-option for a kid, really? Yes, he had regrets, but the guy should honestly be in jail for doing that. Its a more serious thing than anything having to do with Segovia. This is what Cap should have been mad at him about - exploiting an underaged, fellow New Yorker from Queens.
    -The film was too jokey at times, kind of mocked itself. For instance, the Ferris Bueller scene. Even though I laughed alot, I also felt sometimes like I was watching a standup routine. Sometimes the jokes hit, other times not. Too jokey.

Mixed:
    -Ganke as Ned. I liked the character but didn't understand why he was called Ned. Maybe they are setting up Ned and Betty to be a couple to play out a note from the original comics? Anyway it bugged me.
    -The suit. It was really, really cool. But also pointless except for the cool factor. As proven by how well he did without it. And with "Karen" in the suit, he's now Iron Man lite. This is going to be offputting over the long term.

36.Overall, I enjoyed the movie, but there were things that could have been done better:
    Peter could have won a fight on his own. Not let the bad guys get away, not get help from Iron Man, Ned or just do better in a plane crash, but have a single clean victory.
    Hell, remove Tony and put Sam Jackson´s Fury, their relationship in USM was 100 times better and tense, not this gush over how perfect tony stark is.
    It was painful to se "PP" reduced to this annoying star struck kid.
    Well at least now i think I actually felt something.

I like to think I can be opened minded regarding certain freedoms and risks people are willing to take, but at least leave something for me to be connected with...here there was nothing!

Except the Vulture, I actually found myself rooting for him at the end.

50.Nothing outstanding. It was a REALLY GOOD movie but NOT a GREAT MOVIE.

This is surely to spark some disagreement but I have some viewpoint similarities with moviebob.

57.Yeah I agree with him. The movie is just... there. It's very forgettable and I have no desire to watch it again, unlike Logan/Wonder Woman/GOTG2 which also came out this year.

and as the pages go, there are more complaints.

Once you go through the 15 pages. Not up to 5-10 people called it the best spiderman movie ever.sorry. majority said, raimi was better.

infact one of the last people did a video about how bad the movie was but that is not the main catch. he apparently made comments on facebook and was blocked because facebook was monitoringthe negative comments of the movie. ah, the Disney control marvel press gets more hostile. hm, seem like they are not even happy with the easy going critics. they censor fans too,

this is a real spiderman fan here

I told him of how the media works and he was glad I did. read it here

;;Dear Jaddor, ''I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. Way to go, brother! Unfortunately, we do live in this strange, mad world where big wings and corporations are trying to silence us in any way they can and brainwash everyone into thinking that their 'perfect and untouchable' interpretation of one of the world's famous, exciting and most recognized superheroes is going to change it all and that, from Sony, Disney and Marvel Studios's POV, we should blindly accept this mediocrity (with its wrong choices and wrong treatment of the lore), without making any attempts at launching an intelligent and precise deconstruction of the whole thing, tearing it apart piece by piece (dissecting this abomination like a good surgeon) and presenting it for what it truly is: a fraudulent, pretentious corporate product - another dull and empty flick (not even a film, just a flick) that was made by a committee (one look at Sony's leaked emails gives you just about enough information to see why there were so many problems over the years with Raimi's unfinished Spider-Man 4 and the ASM reboot) with zero comprehension of what makes Peter Parker/Spider-Man work''.

He, a real spideey fan was blocked on facebook. read his reaction here

https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/...t.bully1974--- this guy (Matthew Kyle) admin of a decent Spidey community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/233367680458934/) on Facebook just blocked me for expressing my honest opinion on Spider-Man, by making some strange argument about how 'the merch sells and makes cash'?

I simply requested to be accepted in the community and share my thoughts on Spidey, but no, blocking me seems right. Blocking me on the grounds of having a fresh, different perspective on 55 years of Spidey that challenges the norm, that's
    really low of you, sir. Freedom of expression and an honest one at that... strange world we all live in.
    As a newbie on Youtube, to get that sort of a treatment because my pov seems to differentiate from the opinion of the masses... yeah, right... And this person is in charge of the group that dedicates itself to discussing the essence of
    Pete Parker. Bleh! This is a great example of how not to treat new members of a good community for expressing honest/unusual opinions''.
    --------------------------------

AH, this is how modern marvel operates, tick, tick clock clock, all will be exposed soon. the tip of iceberg draws near as more people come out tell the truth about the awfulness of mcu movies.they cant silence us all.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 08-25-2017 at 12:12 PM.

BANNED

This looks low budjeted. its a cartoon.

this is a real feedback from a film maker.

Wally Pfister, director Christopher Nolan’s longtime cinematographer, is not a fan The Avengers. why?

“I thought The Avengers was an appalling film,” he said, according to the Huffington Post (via the Sarasota Herald-Tribune). “They’d shoot from some odd angle and I’d think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling.”

ah, looks like some mcu fans cannot bring the depth here like their movies. its all the same mindless non effective attacks.sadly that is not making mcu movies get any better.
    ah, remember when I said MCU brings out the worst in film makers. Pfister was driven Bonkers.

at least he did not have an almost meltdown like mickey rouke did in a live interview.

BANNED

Ah, but it was his music. Powerful, must be hard admitting it. you know what that music does? Takes spidey away from just the action comedies stuff. And gives people chills.
    It's still Batman music.
    Also, Spider-Man belongs in the action-comedy genre.

Hollywood always cast older actors...
    Well, obviously they do not.

Ultimate spiderman had organic web shooters.
    Nope. Webshooters.

Also this was raimi spiderman that tried to be more grounded.
    Having extra superpowers doesn't make character more grounded. What you mean is Raimi wanted his Spider-Man to be not as intelligent.
    If a spider is gonna bite you and you get all the spider powers than how can you not get the most important of all...webbing.
    I see. You take a pick & choose approach to the source material depending on sticking to it will make the MCU look better or worse.

and spidey fans get to talk too.

what are the spidey fans saying? say as moi.
    Well, the first 12 pages were pretty positive. Okay, there was the guy that hated ALL of the Spider-Man movies but other than that... There was none of this insane hatred nor any Raimi love fest.

BANNED

I suppose it is not feasible that we just drop this insane MCU hatred thread drift that makes actually posting on topic impossible?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's still Batman music.
    Also, Spider-Man belongs in the action-comedy genre.

Well, obviously they do not.

Nope. Webshooters.

Having extra superpowers doesn't make character more grounded. What you mean is Raimi wanted his Spider-Man to be not as intelligent.

I see. You take a pick & choose approach to the source material depending on sticking to it will make the MCU look better or worse.

Well, the first 12 pages were pretty positive. Okay, there was the guy that hated ALL of the Spider-Man movies but other than that... There was none of this insane hatred nor any Raimi love fest.

Its not batman music. Its poor music from hoemcoming. That does not add to the story telling.Ah, spiderman belongs in the action comedy genre? Haha. Best joke ever.Do you know why it is a lie and pure nonsense? 2 crucial reasons.

1. His most famous and most important storyline ever was ...the night gwen stacy died. No joke there
    2. His very dangerous and formidable villains gallery who kicks a lot of hiss assesss. No joke there.
    3. His most famous Spiderman TAS animation was not comedy at all

that cartoon got very complex and quite gritty, that marvel had to censor a lot. https://ap2hyc.com/2015/09/top-6-rid...imated-series/

You don't censor action comedies unless they are r rated.

Homecoming is action comedy because it had to appeal to the kids had to be on purpose very idiotic and generic.How did TAS come up with a better spiderman than homecoming?So not ultimate? One did, I am sure of it.

And the cringeness continues, correction Disney wanted this Spiderman to not be intelligent- they gave him iron man suit and put him in high school and made aunt may hot and not having him fight like any real person would?
    Raimi spdierman is intelligent because he made his suit and knows how to fight with this strength and is always conflicted between his two sides..he is not there to impress anyone talkless of stark. he wanted to impress MJ and learned the hard way.

First 12 pages was not pretty positive. No one called it the best spiderman movie ever, it was more mixed. since this is the real world. Oh boy, this is just awful the state of mcu. So much lies and rewrite of history of spiderman amazing mythos. The same tactics was used in xmen, it failed. it does hurt the mcu credibility