Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If it was actresses on the show's he produced, it could still be sexual harassment. Even if he didn't say,'I'll fire you if you don't go out me,' it's nearly impossible to take that power dynamic out of the relationship. That would make him not a great feminist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    If it was actresses on the show's he produced, it could still be sexual harassment. Even if he didn't say,'I'll fire you if you don't go out me,' it's nearly impossible to take that power dynamic out of the relationship. That would make him not a great feminist.
    It's still a pretty big if though.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

There isn't the slightest hint of a claim that he threatened or pressured anyone. Even Kai Cole's testimony suggests that women were propositioning him. It would still be cheating of course, but some people's attempts to turn him into the next Bill Cosby or Roger Ailes are not going to succeed.

Justice League: Ray Fisher Alleges Joss Whedon Abused Film's Cast, Crew

Starting to think Whedon isn't a very nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post

So? Is that the new standard you must be nice?

I know a few nice people.

I don't think I know anyone whom everyone thinks is nice.

Anybody who gets through life without pissing anyone off probably didn't do anything of note.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So? Is that the new standard you must be nice?
    lol what? are you heartless or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    lol what? are you heartless or something?
    I've had a few jerk bosses and was happy just as long as I got my paycheck which was a hell of lot less than Ray Fisher's paycheck. If a boss Sexual Harasses, Commit Labor Violations, or Physically abuses people basically stuff you get arrested for fine cancel them. But if their just jerk well then welcome to the real world.

Now if Fisher wants to go into detail and Whedon did something criminal fine until then this just sounds like trying to get someone canceled over a bad work experience and to me I say grow up.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Take this with a grain of salt. This is an actor with almost no movie or even TV experience. If he was used to Snyders "do what you want style" then anyone coming in and telling them do it like your supposed to is going to seem like taskmaster. If some like Cavel or Aflek said this I would probably put more weight behind it.

Well that was vague. I'm sorry, but I would need details before I stop thinking this is an actor who is still pissed his role was diminished when Whedon took over.

I doubt Whedon ever even worked with the stunt performers and body doubles. That's second-unit stuff.

Whedon has earned enough of a reputation that the burden of proof is on the accusers here. I'm going to need a lot more than vague twitterwhining to believe it, and more than that to care.

Here's hoping he never gets hired by James Cameron. If 'big bad Joss Whedon' is a bridge too far, my god. Cameron would eat him alive!

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The worst part of it is, she cast suspicion on every single actress he worked with on Buffy. "Yeah, he cheated on me from day one with Buffy actresses, but I'm not gonna say which ones." Which means that all of them are now going to be fighting off rumors that they were boinking the EP. That's just irresponsible. Tawdry gossip-mongering, and we're all supposed to say "you go girl" and congratulate her on her bravery.
    My take is that he's not the person he presents to the public and he did something bad. On the other hand, he says there are inaccuracies but does not deny the main accusation and certainly seems conflicted about it. He's not a saint and I don't condone cheating but he's not Cosby either. It's not to the point that it ruins his work for me. His shows (Buffy, Angel and Firefly) were still good.

But despite his ex-wife's alleged hesitation to speak out, I get the feeling there's a tell all book coming sooner or later because, as you said, that whole "He had affairs with Buffy actresses but I won't say which ones" just screams supermarket tabloid tactics that she knows will lead to endless speculation and cast assumed guilt on all of them.

Edit: When I responded, I did not realize this thread was resurrected from that far back. I had not heard these things about Whedon until now.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 07-02-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

The only stuff that I had heard about him was that he as girlpower as he was supposed to be there were some people that seemed to view that differently...

Astonishing Member

We know that there seemed to be something that went on during Justice League. At some point Affleck and Cavill wanted out and almost all of the higher ups who worked on that movie are no longer there.

There's been a few subtle passive/aggressive things like Jenkins liking the Tweet that announced Whedon was no longer working Batgirl. A few stories of Gal Gadot refusing to do the scene where Flash falls onto her boobs (and subsequent fallout as to how dramatic Whedon handled her refusal)

As far as reputations go, Whedon has a pretty good one as there's several A-List talent that seem to repeatedly work with him. Probably the only really bad thing was the basically firing Charisma Carpenter because she was pregnant debacle.