Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Namor can control water too, right? Would he be able to use it as shield in time?
    No, Namor doesn't control water. If you're talking about the time that he flooded Wakanda, that was when he was possessed by 1/5 of the Phoenix Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    No, Namor doesn't control water. If you're talking about the time that he flooded Wakanda, that was when he was possessed by 1/5 of the Phoenix Force.
    Though that wouldn't be an upgrade I would be against.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

wasn't the namor from the Ultimate Universe had that ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    wasn't the namor from the Ultimate Universe had that ability?
    That's the one, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I feel like Namor was straight up using the Phoenix host thing as an excuse to dress in a way that makes the speedo somehow feel moderately restrained.

"The next time I get 'possessed' it is going to be all nude Namor, all the time! Clearly that will not be my own choice! The assless chaps will be my vain attempt to struggle against the mind control obviously!"
    Imperius Rex!

let's put it this way,if this started underwater. Would it make a difference?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    let's put it this way,if this started underwater. Would it make a difference?
    I don't see how, unless there was some kind of condition that would force the fight to remain underwater.

If there is no such condition, then Diana's opening move could be to fly up and out of the water and take the fight to the land or the sky, where she's much more comfortable.

If there IS such a condition, then Namor probably wins handily. Not only is the water his natural environment, he can breathe underwater and Diana can't. Even if Diana was still stronger and more skilled than he is, Namor could just wait for her to run out of air and it's Game Over.

Underwater, I'd say Diana's only real option would be to try to tie Namor up with the Lasso. Ten counts are a thing, if I'm not mistaken.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Possibly. WW is probably a top level swimmer, but even so Namor is basically half-fish and has wings on his feet - he'll be quicker. I'm going under the assumption that WW can't breathe underwater so she'll have to return to the surface for air - which could make her vulnerable for a split second. It would probably make it slightly more even.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I don't see how, unless there was some kind of condition that would force the fight to remain underwater.

If there is no such condition, then Diana's opening move could be to fly up and out of the water and take the fight to the land or the sky, where she's much more comfortable.

If there IS such a condition, then Namor probably wins handily. Not only is the water his natural environment, he can breathe underwater and Diana can't. Even if Diana was still stronger and more skilled than he is, Namor could just wait for her to run out of air and it's Game Over.

Underwater, I'd say Diana's only real option would be to try to tie Namor up with the Lasso. Ten counts are a thing, if I'm not mistaken.
    If this was Pre Flashpoint WW then it wouldn't matter as she's fractions of lightspeed and would blitz Namor in or out of water. NuDiana, I'm not sure how fast she is.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    If this was Pre Flashpoint WW then it wouldn't matter as she's fractions of lightspeed and would blitz Namor in or out of water. NuDiana, I'm not sure how fast she is.
    Still fast enough to parry gattling gun fire. Namor could only win if the water slowed her down below bullet timing. Even then, that sword means she really just needs one good hit to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Still fast enough to parry gattling gun fire. Namor could only win if the water slowed her down below bullet timing. Even then, that sword means she really just needs one good hit to win.
    I'd say also that, if this is Post-Crisis WW, it doesn't matter if it's in the water. She can hold her breath for quite a while and it doesn't matter since she would still be a significant fraction of light speed.

Nu-WW, no idea.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Fastest travel speed feat I can remember for New 52 Diana was in SM/WW. She flew from Themiscyra to.......somewhere far away in a matter seconds or minutes at most. Superman was fighting Zod and Faora and Diana was able to get there in time to save him. It isn't clear exactly where Superman was, but if we assume that it was anywhere in North America, then Diana crossed the Atlantic in a very short time.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--