Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Legion of Super-Heroes Returns In "Justice League United" With DC's October Annuals

Jeff Lemire revives the Legion as Annuals for "Justice League Dark," "Swamp Thing" and "Injustice: Gods Among Us" arrive this fall.

Full article here.

CBR forget Harley Quinn Annual #1

I thought they might be in Justice League 3000. Glad they are back.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

So glad they don't plan on rebooting/revamping the LoSH of the umpteenth time (for now at least)!

There's plenty that can be done with what they already have, and I trust Lemire to do them justice. Even if it's just for one story.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm never one for saying that anything is a ripoff, but I find it interesting that the LoSH is part of the second arc in both Meltzer and Lemire's runs.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    So glad they don't plan on rebooting/revamping the LoSH of the umpteenth time (for now at least)!

There's plenty that can be done with what they already have, and I trust Lemire to do them justice. Even if it's just for one story.
    This is the perfect way to bring back the Legion in Prime Earth. The Legion needs to come back because they're a property that DC and Warner Brothers could make a major player in their cinematic universe.
    Last edited by RKitch; 07-12-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Definitely buying this!

I wonder if this version of the Legion will be another reboot.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I wonder if this version of the Legion will be another reboot.
    It doesn't sound like it, but I guess you never know. Personally, I hope it picks right up where Levitz left them at the end of the last run, and goes from there.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I had a crazy thought when I was reading that...

What if they can't save the 31st Century and remain in the present..?

Or the only way to save the 31st Century is to never go back and remain exiled in the past (our present)..?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I had a crazy thought when I was reading that...

What if they can't save the 31st Century and remain in the present..?

Or the only way to save the 31st Century is to never go back and remain exiled in the past (our present)..?
    A variation on this was done back in '97-'98 during the Archie Legion days, and was actually pretty good (mostly). I wouldn't mind a fresh take on the idea, depending on the writer.

Just don't give us another dud like The New 52's Legion Lost, please!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    A variation on this was done back in '97-'98 during the Archie Legion days, and was actually pretty good (mostly). I wouldn't mind a fresh take on the idea, depending on the writer.

Just don't give us another dud like The New 52's Legion Lost, please!
    I agree.

And if you think about it, The Legion's greatest strength is also it's greatest weakness: it's sense of exclusiveness.
    Being so disconnected with DC-proper by being set 1000 years in the future readers (and writers) don't have to have to worry about the rest of the comics. But it also makes it easy for Legion to be ignored by regular readers of DC's other titles.

Usually when a title goes on hiatus, or is cancelled, DC (or Marvel) can interject the characters as guest stars every so often to boost interest. But the Legion, by being so far removed, can't do this without running the risk of turning into contrived time travel stories every time.

I think having the group stranded in the past for a year or two to give them exposure to non-Legion fans/readers would be the best alternative.

Plus, DC could be looking to revive a modern day Legion-type series as an answer to Guardians of the Galaxy. The Legion coming back to the present would be the perfect catalyst to inspire a group to form.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-12-2014 at 11:29 AM.

This doesn't sound like a reboot, so that's good. Lemire's a pretty good writer, and I was going to get JLU anyway, so this is just icing for me.

Warhornet

I trust Lemire after Star Trek LSH crossover. My question is if it is after the final issue how did Mon-El get his limbs back and when did Phantom Girl get vack.
    Last edited by Warhornet; 07-12-2014 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

I love the Legion, but I have not read any of those titles (except the first 8 or so issues of JL Dark), so this is gonna be hella confusing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I love the Legion, but I have not read any of those titles (except the first 8 or so issues of JL Dark), so this is gonna be hella confusing for me.
    ???. The annuals aren't related to other annuals. U only needs to read the issues of JL United and then its annual