Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I'm a woman, and, I'm 5'11". By the way, I don't read it, but I noticed in Previews that Jim Balent's Tarot is up to #91.

Incredible Member

Raven is also 5 11 in height
    Last edited by gwhh; 09-04-2015 at 06:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Now I am noticing a lot of woman of that Height over in Marvel also!

She 5 10 in height also!!

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jessica_Drew_(Earth-616)

BANNED

Why does their height even need to be specified? They should worry about writing good stories for them instead of stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Why does their height even need to be specified? They should worry about writing good stories for them instead of stuff like that.
    But making a thread about whether or not DC should change Power Girl's breast size is okay?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    But making a thread about whether or not DC should change Power Girl's breast size is okay?
    I didn't bring that up. People were already talking about it. I asked to see numbers in a poll, to determine whether there was actually unhappiness about it. There wasn't. So now we know.

But who sits around and decides exactly how tall each character is, and why? Does anyone know or care exactly how tall all the actors in a television show are? Of course not.

http://community.comicbookresources....-Comic-related
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-11-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    On the other hand, where awkwardness between short women and tall men is concerned, I once ran across a humorous definition:

"High heels: A device invented by short women who were fed up with constantly being kissed on the forehead."
    LOL!

Yeah, but there's no high heels for men.
    If they could get away with it, short men would be butchered by tallies in the middle of the streets. Or they would try, anyway, with their gangly arms, uncoordinated movements and zombie-like gaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    The proliferation of tall women is a menace to us short men everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    On the other hand, where awkwardness between short women and tall men is concerned, I once ran across a humorous definition:

"High heels: A device invented by short women who were fed up with constantly being kissed on the forehead."
    LOL!

I think this is the first time in my life that I repeated a joke . . . and then, over a year later, someone finally laughed at it!

Isn't the Internet wonderful?

Fantastic Member

barbara gordon is 5"11?? I swear Dick is taller than her in every comics I read (Nightwing Dick not Robin), and Dick is 5"10 .

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    One can never have enough tall women, whether in comics or real life.
    Agreed, here. My favourite Wonder Woman was in the New Frontier cartoon, when she dwarfed Supes. And Kori is my favourite DC heroine.

But the sample size of this study seems small. There are others, like Fire and Ice, who are a much more (ahem) normal 5'7-8".

The proliferation of tall women is a menace to us short men everywhere.
    I'll take some of that (wo)menace, if it bugs ya.

Anyway, we're talking about heroes, here. They're not supposed to be average in any way, shape, or form.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 03-14-2016 at 11:27 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

The handbook style specifics aren't necessary, but comics are a visual medium, so it's good design practice to make sure a group of characters aren't all the same height and build.

Incredible Member

I've notice that also! I also notice that when he in his night wing outfit he wears flat ninja boots! So he not trying to be taller. Babs in batgirl outfits wears boots. And HE STILL taller than her. Go figure!

Than again star fire official height 6 4! And that difference don't look like much!

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/348293.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...don_first_met/

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    barbara gordon is 5"11?? I swear Dick is taller than her in every comics I read (Nightwing Dick not Robin), and Dick is 5"10 .
    Last edited by gwhh; 03-19-2016 at 09:49 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Appearance is a major part of the medium.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Amazing Member

Oddly enough though Supergirl is only average height 5'6''

I think a lot of the more physical-fighting women of the dc universe - are on the tall end because being taller essentially means more physical power - those superheroines that don't really need the height (unless they are aliens) will tend not to be overly tall.

Raven from teen titans - from one dc database has her height at 5'5'' - average height; Donna Troy is not overly tall being just 5'9 (for an Amazon thats short) and Cassandra (wonder girl) is just 5'5''; and Black Canary stands at 5'7''.

So are there a bunch of tall women - of course there are some - but many are also average height.

There are very few that are short though in the dc universe I can't seem to recall many shorter than average men or women (excluding those that have a height problem and those that are younger teens).

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    Men are always magically taller when they stand next to a woman. (See: almost every Wolverine kiss ever, and pretty much every Hollywood movie in the last fifty years.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)