Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    Mostly self published stuff he also writes. I've never red the but Chris Sims' reviews of Tarot the Witch of Black rose are gems. Here's a couple. You'll thank me later.
    Thank you for introducing these reviews to my life! I can see a lot of future entertainment here...

Extraordinary Member

Cause they're all clones, what? You didn't know?

Incredible Member

The offical height guide

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...ace/1115977589

Quote Originally Posted by magisensei View Post
    Oddly enough though Supergirl is only average height 5'6''

I think a lot of the more physical-fighting women of the dc universe - are on the tall end because being taller essentially means more physical power - those superheroines that don't really need the height (unless they are aliens) will tend not to be overly tall.

Raven from teen titans - from one dc database has her height at 5'5'' - average height; Donna Troy is not overly tall being just 5'9 (for an Amazon thats short) and Cassandra (wonder girl) is just 5'5''; and Black Canary stands at 5'7''.

So are there a bunch of tall women - of course there are some - but many are also average height.

There are very few that are short though in the dc universe I can't seem to recall many shorter than average men or women (excluding those that have a height problem and those that are younger teens).

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    barbara gordon is 5"11?? I swear Dick is taller than her in every comics I read (Nightwing Dick not Robin), and Dick is 5"10 .
    He's only 5'10? But wasn't he Batman for a time? Surely you can't have a Batman that's only 5'10?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Agreed, here. My favourite Wonder Woman was in the New Frontier cartoon, when she dwarfed Supes. And Kori is my favourite DC heroine.

But the sample size of this study seems small. There are others, like Fire and Ice, who are a much more (ahem) normal 5'7-8".

I'll take some of that (wo)menace, if it bugs ya.

Anyway, we're talking about heroes, here. They're not supposed to be average in any way, shape, or form.
    People seem to very hung-up on size lately, so I tend to avoid taller women.

Also, considering that most super-heroes randomly get powers, their appearnaces shoudl vary a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    I think this is the first time in my life that I repeated a joke . . . and then, over a year later, someone finally laughed at it!

Isn't the Internet wonderful?
    To me, your joke has been funny for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Men are always magically taller when they stand next to a woman. (See: almost every Wolverine kiss ever, and pretty much every Hollywood movie in the last fifty years.)

Tallforce.
    Last edited by Slaughter; 03-22-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Men are always magically taller when they stand next to a woman. (See: almost every Wolverine kiss ever, and pretty much every Hollywood movie in the last fifty years.)
    Unless you're a feminist I'm pretty sure most women prefer to kiss a guy taller than her too. Coincidentally men also happens to have a taller average height than women, perhaps that's what comics and movies are depicted as such.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    I first "met" Babs when she was still on her first "Batgirl" career; a regular back-up feature in the pages of "Detective Comics" in the early 1980s. She was drawn as a tall woman; I could easily believe she was about 5' 11" in those days.

Then she basically spent the mid-80s offstage, followed by landing in a wheelchair for a couple of decades, which made it hard to gauge what her height would have been if she were standing up. But I believe that in the "Batgirl: Year One" mini of many years ago it was firmly stated that she had wanted to be an FBI agent but couldn't meet their physical requirements because she was too short. I think of that as a belated Post-Crisis retcon. I don't know if it still applies to the New 52 version of Babs -- I haven't been reading her recent solo title, and I don't know how tall she now appears to be when standing next to tall, husky men (such as Batman).
    Pre crisis she was acutally listed as only being 5'6'' (Who's Who Vol 1 #2 1985), that changed to 5'11'' directly post cisis (Who's Who: Update '87 Vol 1 #1). In post crisis Book she is listed as 5'7'' (Secret Files and Origins: Birds of Prey).

Btw. according to most books that list Barbara at 5'11'' her Father is only 5'9'', Selina is only 5'7'' and Cass and Speph are only 5'5''.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Unless you're a feminist I'm pretty sure most women prefer to kiss a guy taller than her too. Coincidentally men also happens to have a taller average height than women, perhaps that's what comics and movies are depicted as such.
    Yes. That's how a man grows several inches for one scene/panel. But, because the entirely fictional woman in the scene prefers it that way.

(Alternately, it could be the abundance of women working as pencilers in comics or directors in movies, causing this to be a near-universal phenomena.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member

Crimson Fox
    Is 5 10 in height!
    Weight 143 pounds

BANNED

Why do they even have to tell us how tall they are? DC should worry about telling good stories, not about stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Why do they even have to tell us how tall they are? DC should worry about telling good stories, not about stuff like that.
    Because some people find it interesting. It's fun to know how characters physically measure up to each other.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Because some people find it interesting. It's fun to know how characters physically measure up to each other.
    Yeah. Taller people are greater, and we need to judge super-heroes that way. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Yeah. Taller people are greater, and we need to judge super-heroes that way. Right?

Edit: I'm really not sure what you're getting at.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Incredible Member

I think it was sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Edit: I'm really not sure what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    I think it was sarcasm.
    It was also a complete non sequitur to what I said.