Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Because it makes them seem more imposing. As a 6'0 tall 150 lbs female it seemed interesting to know that it I were a superhero I'd be with a lot of females closer to my height and weight. Too bad though, me and Diana were the same height but now she's 6'2-3.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

It's also funny when you realize that being that tall would make it a lot more difficult to maintain a secret identity. I mean seriously how many 6ft tall strikingly good looking women can exist in one city. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    It's also funny when you realize that being that tall would make it a lot more difficult to maintain a secret identity. I mean seriously how many 6ft tall strikingly good looking women can exist in one city. LOL
    Well, since tall women seem to be pretty common in the DCU, there would be lots, wouldn't there?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Incredible Member

Raven official height is 5 11!.

Is it just me. Or did she never looked that tall in the comics or in the cartoons?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

Is it just me. Or did she never looked that tall in the comics or in the cartoons?
    Starfire's 6'4 but she's always drawm about the same height as guys shorter than her.. Actually the JL vs TT movie showed Starfire taller than Dick by a good couple inches so nvm

BANNED

Thats because the cartoon went out of it's way to make the 5 main characters look different in height, build and color scheme, all of which was taken from how George Perez used to draw the team: with Starfire being the tallest (due to her 80'ties hair) and Raven the shortest among the females and with Cyborg being the tallest guy and Garfield the shortest. That said I think the cartoon made her slightly taller to match Robin's height rather than have a huge gap between her and Starfire. (Aside that, the one writing the wiki might have included the hood)

But due to the prevalent setting anno 2003 of Raven being a 16 year old... 180cm is a bit hard to pull off. Before her death(s) however, I could see her as 180cm tall, also because she always wore heels.

Yeah, Raven has never looked 5'11" (except maybe late Post-Crisis and in Injustice). Especially given she's often in the younger-range of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Starfire's 6'4 but she's always drawm about the same height as guys shorter than her.. Actually the JL vs TT movie showed Starfire taller than Dick by a good couple inches so nvm
    I think Starfire is pretty consistently drawn as a very tall woman, especially under Perez and across certain media (I think Cyborg was the only one taller then her in the original Teen Titans cartoons, and that was just because of his tech).

Extraordinary Member

Raven official height is 5 11!
    Depends on the book. You can also find 5'8'' and 5'5''.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Depends on the book. You can also find 5'8'' and 5'5''.
    Between 5'5" to 5'8" sounds reasonable for Raven .

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I mean seriously how many 6ft tall strikingly good looking women can exist in one city? LOL
    I'm going out on a limb here and saying "Not enough."
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 11-27-2016 at 11:16 PM.

A lot of girls tend to stop growing by 16. Maybe an inch around 18 but other then that.. Growing half a foot at 18 is very rare for a female.

If Raven is 16 it is very possible she could be 5'11 bare feet but for the most part, I think average White AMerican female height (5'4-5) is good for her unless her demon side means super tall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    A lot of girls tend to stop growing by 16. Maybe an inch around 18 but other then that.. Growing half a foot at 18 is very rare for a female.

If Raven is 16 it is very possible she could be 5'11 bare feet but for the most part, I think average White AMerican female height (5'4-5) is good for her unless her demon side means super tall.
    Actually there could be a biological aspect of it as well, as you say, she is half demon... and Trigon was at his absolute smallest when he was around 2,5 meters tall when he went down on Arella. Add to that, Raven is from Azerath, which means she is in comics a strict vegan, which we know from Japan does make an impact on how tall she was going to get if she was just human.

Incredible Member

Power Girl Now official 5 11 in height!

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Yeah. Taller people are greater, and we need to judge super-heroes that way. Right?
    Obviously. Look how many people complained about the 6'0" Tyler Hoechlin being too short to play Superman. Some people were calling him Superboy.