Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you CBR!

Default Thank you CBR!

The reason why I haven't been around much lately is because I've been facebooking, and the reason why I want to thank CBR is because due to the years of verbal jousting on CBR, my wit has translated into the facebook world very well. Since most of my friends on Facebook had never regularly posted on a message board they don't have such training for witty retorts and complex debating skills. And for this I attribute to CBR. Thank you.

I will still be around guys but probably not as much as I use to be. This isn't a farewell thread, it's a sincere thank you thread to CBR and all its cool members.

You're right, your wit really has been improving. That was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    You're right, your wit really has been improving. That was hilarious!
    Your mom's hilarious! In bed, spikey boy!!!

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

You're so inscrutable!
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Still too lazy to change Nick Soapdish's Avatar

Well ok, I don't mind taking credit for something I didn't do. Glad that you're having fun on Facebook.

BANNED

I really don't understand arguing on Facebook. Unless it's in a closed group literally everyone I know can see that. It's like getting in a big fight about politics at Thanksgiving dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I really don't understand arguing on Facebook. Unless it's in a closed group literally everyone I know can see that. It's like getting in a big fight about politics at Thanksgiving dinner.
    I don't "really" argue on Facebook, most of my humor stems from me actually having the audacity to say some shit like that. And then people don't argue, just shoot them down with witty retorts. I was just trying to make it seem as if CBR did more than it did or else the only thing I could write down is "CBR had taught me witty retorts and that's it." So forgive me if I was just trying to make CBR sound cooler than it really was. I just wanted an excuse to post a thread, if you don't want me here that's fine, it's your guys' fault that y'all lost such an awesome dude such as myself. Hahaha okay fine I'm just f*cking around I'm still going to be around, I'm not going anywhere.

You're welcome.

BANNED

Not to be a buzzkill but maybe CBR is the big leagues and Facebook is little league.

Shawn Hopkins has an odd analogy:

I'd think getting into a fight in the closed group is much more like getting in a fight at Thanksgiving. Most of the people I've "fought" with on Facebook weren't people I even knew. "Friends of friends of friends" is a pretty huge amount of people on Facebook.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

ExcelsiorPrime needed the past tense:

Not to be a buzzkill but maybe CBR is the big leagues and Facebook is little league.
    CBR's not even a pick-up game, anymore.
    'Dox out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    CBR's not even a pick-up game, anymore.
    All the league did was put in rules against hand-checking,flagrant fouls..and some players leave..makes you wonder if they could really play or just fouled hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    You're right!!! It's like since I've been training on CBR, I'm a master swordsman sword fighting against a bunch of amateurs armed with pens instead of swords.

Edit: had to make the word "amateur" plural.
    Last edited by Cotton; 07-13-2014 at 01:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    All the league did was put in rules against hand-checking,flagrant fouls..and some players leave..makes you wonder if they could really play or just fouled hard.
    Please stop bad-mouthing awesome posters like dupersuper.

Paradox is a magnificent bastard:

You're so inscrutable!
    You've always known that I had no guile Paradox. I do and say basically whatever I want without giving a sh*t with what a bunch of people on a message board think of me. But I try to do it with enough grace as to not offend anyone if possible. Of course, I do not always succeed. Just be glad that I care enough to try .

Paradox does not understand:

I'd think getting into a fight in the closed group is much more like getting in a fight at Thanksgiving. Most of the people I've "fought" with on Facebook weren't people I even knew. "Friends of friends of friends" is a pretty huge amount of people on Facebook.
    Most people that I'm friends with on Facebook are made up of people I've either met only once, or I've never actually met before, that's what is comparable to CBR (I've never met any of you mofos in person). Only about 5% of my Facebook friends are people I actually interact with in person on a regular basis.)