View Poll Results: Should Johnny be bisexual?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 31.34%
  • No

122 60.70%
  • Maybe

16 7.96%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    If someone can't respectfully disagree with another without insulting them, then they are too immature and likely deserve whatever reprimand they receive.
    Even if I was to vote no, I'm pretty sure I couldn't do so without being a homophobe. That's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Even if I was to vote no, I'm pretty sure I couldn't do so without being a homophobe. That's the problem.
    Voting no doesn't automatically equal to being homophobic, it could just mean that you have a different opinion on the matter.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Bobby Drake needs company. fire and ice.
    This is probably the best reason against it. Bobby and Johnny are kind of in similar/opposites power sets and roles on thier teams. Fire and Ice and the youngest on the team. Both characters coming out after fifty years history seems like weak sauce cookie-cutter development.

However Johnny having a non-zero Kinsey score (1 or 2) wouldn't be a bad thing.

Without being or without being called a homophobe?

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Well, such an announcement would shake up the Marvel Universe a wee bit I suppose.

There are some characters I'd be opposed to being revealed as non-heterosexual. Doesn't mean I'm against a wide variety of sexual orientations in my comic characters, it just means that for these particular characters it doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Well, such an announcement would shake up the Marvel Universe a wee bit I suppose.
    Not really. It just would be click bait for a few weeks and then people would stop caring. Simialr to what happen to Iceman, his outing didn't really help the character surge into popularity. It did somewhat end all the jokes and people no longer call him lame as much as they use. Which may or may not have to due with a fear of being called a homophobe. But thats all that its really done for the character. He's in just as many books as he was before and his solo/mini is set to be canceled all over again.

johnny was clearly in some sort of relationship with daken already. if a writer wants to explicitly confirm things, that's a different story.

if it's a concern, maybe you're homophobic. I have no problem voting no. it woiuldn't help the LGBT community much. Johnny's really shallow. the other fire using Johnny (Pyro) was supposed to be gay. but he's deceased now. so I'm still rooting for the newer version of Firebrand being gay or bi. I also would like he and Blizzard to be a couple. there's a real shortage of villains who are in relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    johnny was clearly in some sort of relationship with daken already. if a writer wants to explicitly confirm things, that's a different story.
    I just assumed that Daken forced him to feel a certain way. isn't that how his pheromones work? otherwise, it didn't make any sense for the Fantastic Four to let him in the house and be so sympathetic to him.

I just assumed that Daken forced him to feel a certain way. isn't that how his pheromones work? otherwise, it didn't make any sense for the Fantastic Four to let him in the house and be so sympathetic to him.
    they could have just been respecting johnny's choices in men.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they could have just been respecting johnny's choices in men.
    that was respect?

I would like that. Believe it or not, there's a lot of characters I would have a problem with them being outted as gay/lesbian, but tbh I don't think I'd have a problem with any straight character being outted as bi. And well, chances are that this may not even have any impact depending on what character it is, just look at Loki or Wonder Woman...

that was respect?
    love makes you do silly things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Without being or without being called a homophobe?
    I don't know the difference anymore. Lol