View Poll Results: Should Johnny be bisexual?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 31.34%
  • No

122 60.70%
  • Maybe

16 7.96%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Let me be more specific....Im pretty sure comicbook mind controlling pheromones don't work like that unless stated otherwise by the writer.
    What's there to assume that it doesn't work that way? Real world physics and chemistry, in comics, are always the norm until they are otherwise contradicted, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    have you seen his atrocious hairstyle?
    Fair point.

I'm just looking for reasons to excuse the bad writing, personally. it was bad enough when Johnny fell for that bland 'Psionics' lady.
    Bad writing? Daken and Johnny together?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    No. I just don't like it when a character who has been around for decades and has shown no interest in the same sex before to suddenly be shown to really be gay/bi. I am all for any new character being created gay or bi, but swithcing someone up to fill a role just for the publicity of it never sits right with me.
    Good thing that isn't how sexuality works at all, right?

No, because he's a scummy disgusting character. Keep him straight.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Who wouldn't care about Daken? Have you seen those abs?
    I'm not saying he's not attractive, I just also know exactly what kind of a person he is .

Bad writing? Daken and Johnny together?
    Johnny not being more of a territorial frat boy and being wary of Daken.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    No, because he's a scummy disgusting character. Keep him straight.
    Scummy and disgusting? Based on what?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Scummy and disgusting? Based on what?
    The first Secret Wars?
    Chris Evans Johnny Storm?
    Ultimate Johnny Storm.
    2006 cartoon Johnny Storm?

There are a lot of comics and cartoons that portray him as a disgusting scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The first Secret Wars?
    Ultimate Johnny Storm.

There are a lot of comics and cartoons that portray him as a disgusting scumbag.
    But in 616 I haven't noticed him do anything particularly "scummy and disgusting". The closest thing I can think of the Medusa situation, but they were both single.

He may be a bit of a playboy, but I don't recall him ever cheating while in a relationship or anything like that. So I'm not seeing where the "scummy and disgusting" thing is coming from.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

A couple of inferences among 50+ years of publishing aren't exactly a compelling argument.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The first Secret Wars?
    Ultimate Johnny Storm.

What about his portrayal in most of these makes him a disgusting scumbag? His treatment of Ben?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Johnny not being more of a territorial frat boy and being wary of Daken.
    That's true. But I like to believe Johnny's matured since his early days. Or at least more...calmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not saying he's not attractive, I just also know exactly what kind of a person he is .
    Johnny's got a thing for supervillains.

What's there to assume that it doesn't work that way? Real world physics and chemistry, in comics, are always the norm until they are otherwise contradicted, not the other way around?,
    Pheromone mind control powers on humans has nothing to do with real worl physics or chemistry.......

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Whenever this subject comes up and people complain about changing a character's sexual orientation I always think "blame Jim Shooter". If it wasn't for his "no gays in the Marvel universe" policy there would have been gay, lesbian, bisexual, etc characters decades ago. Hell, Claremont probably would have made half the X-Men bi.

You can say make new characters LGBT but new characters are never going to be as popular as the ones that have been around for decades. Iceman is now the closest thing to an "A-list gay superhero". He might not be the most popular X-Man and the X-Men in general aren't as popular as they used to be but Iceman is a character that has been in cartoons and movies. Lots of people know who Iceman is, most people who aren't heavily interested in superhero comics have probably never heard of Northstar or Batwoman.

BANNED

But Storm, Mystique, Magik and Kitty Pryde are all bi. I think Claremont did make a fair amount of his mutants lgbt (the females at least).

As a bi guy myself, I think we really do need to see more bisexual characters in Marvel/fiction, specifically ones who are not just depraved villains...

Should Johnny be bi? I have little knowledge of his character but I guess, why not? I think it makes a little more sense that a character with as much history as Johnny would discover he was bi, over just gay. That was one of the things that disappointed me about Iceman's sexuality at first, but I think its worked out OK, and I have seen a few gay fans talk about how they actually related more to Bobby coming out as gay/hiding his sexuality for so long rather then being bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    But Storm, Mystique, Magik and Kitty Pryde are all bi. I think Claremont did make a fair amount of his mutants lgbt (the females at least).
    Isn't Mystique the only confirmed bisexual character in that list though?
    Last edited by Valamist; 08-21-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Kitty Pryde is bi? Thats interesting must have missed that some how. Not sure any of the women who have been outed would make a cute couple with her. Be interesting to see what her type is when it comes to female. We all know how she likes guys named Peter.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-21-2017 at 07:51 PM.