Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I was not expecting Nightwing in Gotham City Garage. Also kind of funny that it took a dystopian AU for me to get a Batman and Batgirl working close together again .

I also need to see Joker as Harley's sidekick. That should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Let it die, let it die, let it shrivel up and die!
    Well, I just think the premise is kind of flawed and silly.

I'm still buying this under protest...
    I hope you enjoy it then

Once again, if Basil turns evil we riot!...oh, and I agree with you about the Cabal. Maybe Ulysses too?
    I won't mind if it's handled well, though it makes me wonder how fans reacted to Dent becoming Two-Face again late Post-Crisis.

I think someone from the Colony will probably be in there.

So happy I dropped this trash.
    Shame, I think it's been pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Tom King is probably the best thing to ever happen for bat cat shippers lol. Bats out of hell crossover looks somewhat interesting, definitely filler, but maybe the writers can do something interesting. Plus Liam Sharp on art is something to be excited about.
    This has probably been the most romantic Batman's been in the comics in years...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It took a dystopian AU for me to get Batman and Batgirl working close together again .
    Not sure what you mean. Batgirl has been in nearly every issue of 'Tec.

Not sure what you mean. Batgirl has been in nearly every issue of 'Tec.
    That doesn't narrow it down much either .

BANNED

I wish I could but after the way the others were used in IAB, I`m not.

Too much Harley. She is starting to sicken me.

BANNED

*sigh*

-The upcoming Batman and 'Tec arcs sound good on paper. But since both those books have been massive disappointments so far, and knowing how DC Comics is right now, I doubt they'll be improvements over what we've been getting.

-Clayface going crazy again and/or dying was inevitable, so I won't complain.

-Is their a companywide mandate requiring all artists to draw Catwoman as crappy and unappealing as possible? No wonder this character has lost so much popularity compared to Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn, at least they're allowed to be drawn well.

-I see Shawn is still around. She's gone from a character I'm indifferent to, to one I absolutely hate and can't stand reading about. Seeley needs to dump her fast. Poor Nightwing, being weighed down by awful Bludhaven and awful Shawn.

-I see Gotham Girl is also still around. Why are all new characters terrible now? Why have all writers simultaneously forgotten how to create things that don't suck?

-Batman and The Signal. I already laughed at this one on the DC boards, but what the hell. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! OMG it looks so bad!

-Harley Quinn needs a new creative team, Nightwing needs better edititors, and Catwoman needs better artists.

BANNED

Catwoman needs to stop looking like a Miss Fury reject. It`s the one thing Miller did that I dislike.

It`s weird but Felicia Hardy always looked more "original" to me from when I start reading comics based on just that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post

-I see Shawn is still around. She's gone from a character I'm indifferent to, to one I absolutely hate and can't stand reading about. Seeley needs to dump her fast. Poor Nightwing, being weighed down by awful Bludhaven and awful Shawn.
    In a way, I'm glad she and Dick broke up. She was too good for him.

-I see Gotham Girl is also still around. Why are all new characters terrible now? Why have all writers simultaneously forgotten how to create things that don't suck?
    Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, The Justice League of China, Emiko Queen, Rebirth Basil Karlo, Raptor, and several Nu52 creations, such as Porcelain and The Others. (Yes, I'm aware several of the Rebirth characters I listed existed beforehand, but no one gave a crap) Rebirth still sucks (less so than the Nu52 thankfully), but good stuff is still being made.

BANNED

In a way, I'm glad she and Dick broke up. She was too good for him.
    No. Just no.

Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, The Justice League of China, Emiko Queen, Rebirth Basil Karlo, Raptor, and several Nu52 creations, such as Porcelain and The Others. (Yes, I'm aware several of the Rebirth characters I listed existed beforehand, but no one gave a crap) Rebirth still sucks (less so than the Nu52 thankfully), but good stuff is still being made.
    Some of them are fine, but I don't think any of them (except maybe Jon Kent) will be big characters in the long run. But at least most of those guys aren't horrible like the new Bat-Characters, who are so atrocious that I can barely tolerate looking at them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    Too much Harley. She is starting to sicken me.
    I was just thinking like is it really too much Harley OR she is just in like 2 titles but her covers are very colorful? Makes it seems like she is in more than she's in? But then again, it seems like Nightwing is going to be in a lot too.

Most of the books look great and I'm interested. A couple here and there may get a pass but shoot, seems like there will be a lot to read this late Fall.

-The upcoming Batman and 'Tec arcs sound good
    I agree!

-Is their a companywide mandate requiring all artists to draw Catwoman as crappy and unappealing [to Atlanta96] as possible?
    I mean... probably not? But who knows?

The answers are "They aren't" and "They haven't".
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- "Batman may own the night, but with new villains emerging during the day he needs an ally to defend the city when he can’t." I don't have anything personal against Duke, but that just sounds like a really silly premise for a Superhero .

- Red Queen looks interesting, if nothing else.

- All those ladies in Birds of Prey should be fun. Let's celebrate the women of the DCU .

- Judging by that cover...is Batman fighting the League of Assasins? Is he going to confront Talia?

- So Tom King's going to use the annual to chronicle the romance between Batman and Catwoman. Should be interesting to see how that's handled and if we get some kind of condensed overview of their relationship from beginning to end using past continuity. Plus, Lee Weeks .

- Looks like we're potentially seeing Clayface's return to villainy set in motion. And I guess this Cabal is Ra's, St. Dumas, and maybe the First Victim?

- Looks like we're getting a post-breakup Nighwing vs. Defacer fight. That shouldn't be awkward at all. Wasn't expecting a Blockbuster team-up to take on Raptor either.

- I wonder if the thing that shakes Damian up is Batman telling him about the proposal/engagement?

- Not that I don't mind a Titus/Krypto team-up but did everyone forget Ace is back?

- Dark Trinity behind bars was probably inevitable at some point. Also, I just can't take the idea of Harley as leader of the Suicide Squad seriously.

-Bane as a parental figure again? This is going to be fun.
    No thoughts about Harley?

BANNED

No. Just no.
    Sorry but it's true.

Some of them are fine, but I don't think any of them (except maybe Jon Kent) will be big characters in the long run. But at least most of those guys aren't horrible like the new Bat-Characters, who are so atrocious that I can barely tolerate looking at them anymore.
    Even so, that doesn't take away from their quality. Also, out of the ones I listed, I think at the very least in the long run, Cruz and Baz can get the same status as the non-Hal GLs, and Emi will stay as part of the Arrow Family. And I'm still hoping beyond reason that the New Super-Man will get re-branded as Justice League of China and keep these guys in action. Get them more attention too.

In regards to the BatFam, it's especially bad when you consider that the best of the new additions (and IMO, the best addition since the 90's), Basil, may be going on his final mission as part of them in a few months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I agree!

I mean... probably not? But who knows?

The answers are "They aren't" and "They haven't".
    Editing other people's posts is against the rules, you know.

Sorry but it's true.
    I think they would've worked well as a couple, but I guess that's just not to be.