Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

TIM DRAKE IS BACK!!!! YES!!!!

And Sean Murphy was made to draw Batman. Can't wait to get that!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    1. Not a "his".
    2. I stopped reading after Damian's guest arc, but Shawn really is my favorite love interest Dick has ever had.
    1. Sorry.
    2. Until then, she was not so bad, but she's getting worse in every appearance. We really have different taste in characters, aside from Cass.

About Bruce and Selina, I wish they will get married. I know it can't last, but still I'd like to see it happen.

Superson's annual looks pretty funny.

Very happy to have Tim back!

BANNED

-I'll be getting Nightwing The New Order and the regular series
    -Both Super Sons
    -I think im gonna buy three copies of Batman and the Signal. One for me, one to spite the haters and one for my niece.

Look, at this point, I would just like Bruce/Selina or Bat/Cat together as a couple. Period. If any woman could adapt and be a compliment to his lifestyle, it's her.

And just because he gets engaged or married doesn't mean he has to stop being the Batman. Again, if there is anybody woman he could be married to him AND still be The Batman, it's Selina.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 08-22-2017 at 04:43 PM.

The usual for me:

Batman
    Batgirl
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
    Batwoman
    Detective Comics
    Nightwing

And RHatO for this story arc. Might get the Batman Annual and Batman/Signal.

A bit sad that Mother Panic's on a hiatus until January.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

2. I stopped reading after Damian's guest arc, but Shawn really is my favorite love interest Dick has ever had.
    I question if you actually bought the issues and didn't just read scans online or something. I don't understand why you would buy a Nightwing book in the first place when you hate Dick's character so much and his book only starred new characters basically. You said before you read it for Raptor, who is a character that is built completely around Dick's who you dislike. And Shawn's character isn't very good. There was one issue where we saw her and Dick being a normal couple and it has been nothing but needless drama and angst with them since. Her character isn't worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    And Shawn's character isn't very good. There was one issue where we saw her and Dick being a normal couple and it has been nothing but needless drama and angst with them since. Her character isn't worth that.
    I think she's actually a pretty interesting character who compliments Dick well, and of course what constitutes "needless drama" is probably going to depend on the reader tough I don't think we really got into drama between the two until the Blockbuster arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    -I'll be getting Nightwing The New Order and the regular series
    -Both Super Sons
    -I think im gonna buy three copies of Batman and the Signal. One for me, one to spite the haters and one for my niece.
    Congrats man really, that was really needed on this topic
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she's actually a pretty interesting character who compliments Dick well, and of course what constitutes "needless drama" is probably going to depend on the reader tough I don't think we really got into drama between the two until the Blockbuster arc.
    How does she complement him? I don't think Dick is a better or a more interesting character when he is with her. It took only a few issues and the two were apparently deeply in love and living together, which was a stretch to believe. Then she gets kidnapped, but not only that, she might be pregnant too. So we get several issues of Dick freaking out that his possible pregnant girlfriend is going to die. Of course she wasn't pregnant, and now they are back to living together and she is nagging him about getting a normal job, which is completely counter to the kind of person he is. He just wants to be a hero and so they get into a fight. He is an ass says he is glad she wasn't pregnant because he didn't think she would be a good mother. They break up. Now Shawn is going back to being a villain for reasons while Dick has actual important things to deal with.

I think you can completely cut out her whole character and outside the arc where she got kidnapped she isn't really needed. Nothing much would have changed from the Bludhaven story.

BANNED

How does she complement him? I don't think Dick is a better or a more interesting character when he is with her. It took only a few issues and the two were apparently deeply in love and living together, which was a stretch to believe. Then she gets kidnapped, but not only that, she might be pregnant too. So we get several issues of Dick freaking out that his possible pregnant girlfriend is going to die. Of course she wasn't pregnant, and now they are back to living together and she is nagging him about getting a normal job, which is completely counter to the kind of person he is. He just wants to be a hero and so they get into a fight. He is an ass says he is glad she wasn't pregnant because he didn't think she would be a good mother. They break up. Now Shawn is going back to being a villain for reasons while Dick has actual important things to deal with.

I think you can completely cut out her whole character and outside the arc where she got kidnapped she isn't really needed. Nothing much would have changed from the Bludhaven story.
    So I didn't see that cover wrong? Shawn is really going back to being a villain?

Welp, now I'm really upset that Seeley is taking over Green Lanterns.

So I didn't see that cover wrong? Shawn is really going back to being a villain?

I doubt that she will go full villain as Seeley is still protective over his creation. It is a bit like how I don't think anyone bought Tiger being a villain in the last few issues. Everyone guessed he was mind controlled or a fake.

They both started out as teen sidekicks but on opposite sides of the law, and both are compassionate and lively people who believe in justice and helping people in their own way.

Obviously you didn't become invested in the relationship or cared for it's handling, but I think Seeley did a solid job of making Shawn a likeable character and giving her and Dick chemistry.
    But that was why Dick had so much emotional investment in that story, on-top of the source of the conflict between him and Damian.

Let's put it this way, I think she's as much of a villain as Anarky is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Let's put it this way, I think she's as much of a villain as Anarky is.
    So not one at all? Fair enough. (Assuming you're talking about Lonnie)