Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default DC Comics Solicitations for November 2017

BANNED

Overall thoughts on the books I'm reading:

New Super-Man: Wish Deilan and Avery were along for the ride, but Bruce meeting Baixi should still be good fun.

Aquaman: Not sure what to expect, but I have no reason to think this book will be losing it's high quality.

Red Hood and the Outlaws: F**KING SUICIDE SQUAD. Jason, Artemis, Bizarro, PLEASE KILL THEM! (We're seriously getting THIS instead of a team up with the 'Tec team?)

Green Lantens: I really don't think Seeley will be up to par with Humphries.

Titans: At least this storyline is ending...

Teen Titans: Unless Emiko joins up, I'll be dropping this in October.

Detective Comics: IF BASIL TURNS EVIL WE RIOT!!!

BANNED

Cave Carson is not here. All is not right with the world.

The SuperSons annual with the super pets >>>>>>>>>> every comic in the rebirth continuity.

Also, it seems that I'll get Cassie in bombshells universe at least

I'm getting:
    JLA
    Black Lightning
    Jetsons
    Michael Cray(this seems to be an alternate Green Lantern)
    Annuals: JLA, Super Sons

Detective comics 969; are these villians new or established?
    Batman 34-35; i'm getting a batman vs. superman vibe off of the cover, which really isn't a good thing.
    Deathstroke 25; in it for the villains.
    Justice league of america,18-19; i'm putting it back on my list, but skipping the annual. And i'm wondering how much longer this book is going to be around if batman's off the team. It was only a matter of time.
    Teen titans 14; speaking of time, i figured kid flash would be back, but what was the point of him leaving?
    An average month, but with all the minis dc and marvel are putting out, it's gonna be an expensive month for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

New Super-Man: Wish Deilan and Avery were along for the ride, but Bruce meeting Baixi should still be good fun.

Aquaman: Not sure what to expect, but I have no reason to think this book will be losing it's high quality.

Red Hood and the Outlaws: F**KING SUICIDE SQUAD. Jason, Artemis, Bizarro, PLEASE KILL THEM! (We're seriously getting THIS instead of a team up with the 'Tec team?)

Titans: At least this storyline is ending...

Teen Titans: Unless Emiko joins up, I'll be dropping this in October.

Detective Comics: IF BASIL TURNS EVIL WE RIOT!!!
    I'm not sure who you want killed.��

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm not sure who you want killed.��
    The Suicide Squad. Bad enough they're showing up in New Super-Man, now they're showing up in RHatO too. They're the worst.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

Imagine someone saying this before Rebirth started...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Imagine someone saying this before Rebirth started...
    Imagine people calling a book by Scott Lobdell one of DC's best before Rebirth started.

I may think Rebirth as a whole is a sham, but some writers are killing it.

Batman 34 & 35 - definitely filler. not sure on the art.
    Green Arrow 34 - so I guess its going monthly with a $1 price increase?
    Red Hood and the Outlaws - in my top 2 -3 books each month
    Superman 34 & 35
    Super Sons 10 - also in my top 2 - 3 books each month
    Super Sons Annual - usually skip annuals, but this looks like lots of fun!

Maybe..
    Ragman 2 (of 6) - always been intrigued by Ragman charchter

Thoughts:

- Hawkman is "One of the greatest heroes of the DC Universe?" It's certainly been a while since you treated him that way.

- Whenever someone points out how DC always makes Batman the infallible good guy, I'm going to point them in the direction of the DC event featuring evil versions of Batman for the Justice League to beat up .

- "Last two Guardians?" That's Ganthet and Sayd right? I hope nothing happens to them

- Emtional reunion" with Vulko? The only kind of reunion I can see between those two at this point is Arthur punching Vulko out. Though maybe this will finally lead to some kind of reconciliation between the two. I also wonder if the Sisterhood is connected to Mera giving away her "soul."

- Kind of a random story for an annual (especially since they have a fill-in writer) but I'm curious to see what they do with Tom Curry.

- Isn't Reverse-Flash dead (again)? How can he be in Deathstroke? And random Ultra-Humanite cameo is random.

- Looks like we're finally going to see a reconciliation between Barry and Wally II, which just leaves dealing with the Negative Speed Force...

- Bolphunga? Should be interesting seeing Simon and Jess tussle with him.

- Shado and Moira together? I can't imagine that ending well.

- Weren't we supposed to get this GA annual earlier ?

- So Batman's finally gone and Vixen's now the de-facto leader of the JLA. And of course, you can't have a Morrison-inspired JLA without an appearance from Prometheus...

- How man past versions of the Suicide Squad does that make it at this point? And Harley leading the team still just seems too ridiculous to be true.

- I guess it was only a matter of time before Kid Flash came back and Damian had to own up to how badly he handled kicking Wally out. Of course, he also owes the other Wally an apology as well...

- So much betrayal going on in Titans. So much for this team's unbreakable bond.

- It'll be interesting to finally see what happened to Injustice Wonder Woman to turn her into what she is, and it seems like it's connected to possibly Hippolyta/Steve dying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- So Batman's finally gone and Vixen's now the de-facto leader of the JLA. And of course, you can't have a Morrison-inspired JLA without an appearance from Prometheus...
    The GA annual was pushed back to be closer to Christmas.

Also, didn't Midnighter KILL Prometheus? How many times do we have to kill this guy?! (I actually talked to Steve Orlando yesterday, and he actually said getting to kill him was something he was very happy to get to do because of Cry for Justice)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Hawkman is "One of the greatest heroes of the DC Universe?" It's certainly been a while since you treated him that way.

- Whenever someone points out how DC always makes Batman the infallible good guy, I'm going to point them in the direction of the DC event featuring evil versions of Batman for the Justice League to beat up .

- "Last two Guardians?" That's Ganthet and Sayd right? I hope nothing happens to them

- Emtional reunion" with Vulko? The only kind of reunion I can see between those two at this point is Arthur punching Vulko out. Though maybe this will finally lead to some kind of reconciliation between the two. I also wonder if the Sisterhood is connected to Mera giving away her "soul."

- Kind of a random story for an annual (especially since they have a fill-in writer) but I'm curious to see what they do with Tom Curry.

- Isn't Reverse-Flash dead (again)? How can he be in Deathstroke? And random Ultra-Humanite cameo is random.

- Looks like we're finally going to see a reconciliation between Barry and Wally II, which just leaves dealing with the Negative Speed Force...

- Bolphunga? Should be interesting seeing Simon and Jess tussle with him.

- Shado and Moira together? I can't imagine that ending well.

- How man past versions of the Suicide Squad does that make it at this point? And Harley leading the team still just seems too ridiculous to be true.

- I guess it was only a matter of time before Kid Flash came back and Damian had to own up to how badly he handled kicking Wally out. Of course, he also owes the other Wally an apology as well...

- So much betrayal going on in Titans. So much for this team's unbreakable bond.

- It'll be interesting to finally see what happened to Injustice Wonder Woman to turn her into what she is, and it seems like it's connected to possibly Hippolyta/Steve dying.
    Since the issue was Christmas themed. DC felt that it would be a better choice to release it around the holidays. That's what Percy said.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Cave Carson is not here. All is not right with the world.
    THat book and Shade are taking a break for awhile.