Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DC Comics Solicitations for November 2017

BANNED

Overall thoughts on the books I'm reading:

New Super-Man: Wish Deilan and Avery were along for the ride, but Bruce meeting Baixi should still be good fun.

Aquaman: Not sure what to expect, but I have no reason to think this book will be losing it's high quality.

Red Hood and the Outlaws: F**KING SUICIDE SQUAD. Jason, Artemis, Bizarro, PLEASE KILL THEM! (We're seriously getting THIS instead of a team up with the 'Tec team?)

Green Lantens: I really don't think Seeley will be up to par with Humphries.

Titans: At least this storyline is ending...

Teen Titans: Unless Emiko joins up, I'll be dropping this in October.

Detective Comics: IF BASIL TURNS EVIL WE RIOT!!!

BANNED

Cave Carson is not here. All is not right with the world.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Cave Carson is not here. All is not right with the world.
    THat book and Shade are taking a break for awhile.

While I'm looking forward to Doomsday Clock I'm really not happy it's going to be starting in the middle of Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    While I'm looking forward to Doomsday Clock I'm really not happy it's going to be starting in the middle of Metal.
    Kinda weird to have the two biggest DC events overlap like this, especially when one is chronologically set a year later.

Ho-hum.

No Legion.
    No JSA.
    Half of Young Animal is missing, while the Extr3me Hanna-Barbera line has gotten bigger.

Mystik U sounds good, though.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

I'm not happy with the current crop of DC books at all

-I don't care about Doomsday Clock until characters besides Superman, Oz, and Manhattan are announced.

-Metal gets a pass from me.

-Hawkman Found looks good but I have zero background for Hawkman's current status quo, so I'll pass.

-Metal tie-ins, don't care, don't care.

-Batman and The Signal, BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

-Aquaman, Action Comics, Superman, and Wonder Woman look fine I guess.

-Nu Wally is back in Flash and Teen Titans, while Ginger Wally is still locked up in Titans with zero relevance aside from this one crappy team. Thanks for continuing to ruin one of my favorite characters, DC!

-Seeley on Green Lanterns could be interesting. But out of all the books that needed a new writer, GL was not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'm not happy with the current crop of DC books at all

-I don't care about Doomsday Clock until characters besides Superman, Oz, and Manhattan are announced.

-Metal gets a pass from me.

-Hawkman Found looks good but I have zero background for Hawkman's current status quo, so I'll pass.

-Metal tie-ins, don't care, don't care.

-Batman and The Signal, BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

-Aquaman, Action Comics, Superman, and Wonder Woman look fine I guess.

-Nu Wally is back in Flash and Teen Titans, while Ginger Wally is still locked up in Titans with zero relevance aside from this one crappy team. Thanks for continuing to ruin one of my favorite characters, DC!

-Seeley on Green Lanterns could be interesting. But out of all the books that needed a new writer, GL was not one of them.
    I know you'll pick up Batman and the Signal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    THat book and Shade are taking a break for awhile.
    I don't know if that's good thing or not. Those are my favorite titles from YA including Doom Patrol. I'm slightly upset.

So Detective Comics remade the same cover from Tim's first appearance from A lonely Place of Dying. Great classic cover.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    I don't know if that's good thing or not. Those are my favorite titles from YA including Doom Patrol. I'm slightly upset.
    It gives time for the trades to get sales and for some stores to clear out unsold books. That's how I got Shade 1-6 in a 25 cent bin. I'm waiting on a sale for the rest. If that 25 cent sale happens again I'll get Cave Carson. I didn't get it the first time because issue 3 was not there.

So far on Amazon the Doom Patrol trade is a top 250 seller under superheroes.

Getting:

Doomsday Clock #1 (!!!)
    Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #32/33
    Flash #34/35
    Superman #34/35
    Super Sons #10
    Super Sons Annual (Super pets~ ^-^ )
    Trinity #15
    Mister Miracle #4 (Loving this mini-series so far.)
    Doom Patrol #11

Think I'm gonna drop Teen Titans. The series has kinda been running in circles. I actually like the team's appearances in other books more than their own. lol
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Extraordinary Member

Cautiously optimistic about Doomsday Clock. I really hope Geoff Johns knows what he's doing here.

Really not into Metal...like at all. The first issue didn't do much for me and, again, it really seems to just be Scott Snyder trying to communicate the point that, to him, "Batman is the bestest character ever!!!" And I say this as a huge Batman fan.

That solicit for Batman and the Signal made me roll my eyes. I mean, the idea that Batman just somehow doesn't come out during the day even when he needs to is pretty ridiculous. There are several instances of Batman active in broad daylight from the comics themselves. Its just....seems like Snyder is taking the "Dark Knight" nickname a bit too far.

I'm also curious to see how Robinson addresses how that whole "divine family" thing was basically said to be completely null during Rucka's run and how Azzarello's version of Olympus was even said to be a fake.

Other that that, though, I'm excited for:

Deathstroke (I love the Society)
    Batman Beyond
    Green Lanterns (I love Bolphunga)
    Superman (Imperius Lex looks to be fire)
    Batman Annual #2 (Tom King for some reason is really good at writing Catwoman and Batman together. The best issues of his run have been Catwoman-centric)
    Action Comics
    Batman: Creature of the Night
    The Demon: Hell Is Earth
    Bane: Conquest