Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96
    Seeley on Green Lanterns could be interesting. But out of all the books that needed a new writer, GL was not one of them.
    But Nightwing is, so it works out well.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    But Nightwing is, so it works out well.
    Is Nightwing getting a new writer?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Unfortunately, most likely.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    I don't know if that's good thing or not. Those are my favorite titles from YA including Doom Patrol. I'm slightly upset.
    It gives time for the trades to get sales and for some stores to clear out unsold books. That's how I got Shade 1-6 in a 25 cent bin. I'm waiting on a sale for the rest. If that 25 cent sale happens again I'll get Cave Carson. I didn't get it the first time because issue 3 was not there.

So far on Amazon the Doom Patrol trade is a top 250 seller under superheroes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    No it is not.

Extraordinary Member

I'm getting really anxious to see what DC's plans for OG Wally are. If he doesn't play a big part in Doomsday Clock or at least doesn't have a much bigger role in the DCU post-Doomsday Clock, I will be incredibly pissed off. I want him to have his life back. I want his marriage and kids to all be back. If Bart doesn't come back as Impulse, then I'd at least want Irey to come back in that role.

NuWally can have the Kid-Flash identity. I want OG Wally to have his own solo with his life having been restored in Doomsday Clock.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'm getting really anxious to see what DC's plans for OG Wally are. If he doesn't play a big part in Doomsday Clock or at least doesn't have a much bigger role in the DCU post-Doomsday Clock, I will be incredibly pissed off. I want him to have his life back. I want his marriage and kids to all be back. If Bart doesn't come back as Impulse, then I'd at least want Irey to come back in that role.

NuWally can have the Kid-Flash identity. I want OG Wally to have his own solo with his life having been restored in Doomsday Clock.
    Dude, when will you understand that DC doesn't want Wally to have any of those things? They don't want him to have a solo book, or a prominent role in their universe, or even supporting roles outside of Titans. They've come up with several (bogus) excuses for why he can't get a solo or appear in The Flash. They're pushing Nu Wally at least twice as hard as Ginger Wally, and clearly want him to be the main Wally West for the rest of our lifetimes. This character is the antithesis of what DC wants to promote, everything done to him since Johns left his book has been a huge middle finger to his fans. The company hates him. These things you want, are not going to happen under this management. Wally West is not on the agenda.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 08-21-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Everyone has the right to be excited for something that they see as a possibility of happening, and posting about it, even if someone else doesn't.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    No it is not.
    Seeley said in a tweet that he was on Nightwing for "a few more issues". What that means exactly is anyone's guess. It wouldn't surprise me if he was off the book though given how much more editorial interference it gets verses what he had to deal with while he was writing Grayson. His Nightwing is better written then a lot of runs on that title have been in the past but its not as good as it could because Seeley is trying to hard to please both Nightwing and Grayson fans. He can't really take a lot of risks with the character anymore either now that he's back as Nightwing and I think its probably frustrating him. This move to Green Lanterns might give him back some of the creative freedom he's been missing and that's likely why he moved to that book.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I thought at one time the Flashes might have a role to play in Doomsday Clock but now I'm not so sure. There's definitely a precedent for him being there, but at the same time I think certain plot points have gone through alterations since Rebirth Special. For instance, I used to think that entity Wally felt with him in the time stream was going to be of some significance...now I'm not so sure.

Its a 12 issue series so one would think its going to be more than just Superman. But then again when Johns says things like "Superman IS the story", it almost makes me wonder if it actually will be some unorthodox tale where Superman and Manhattan really are the only players.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    Attachment 53487

Poor Canary!!!
    That looks horrendous.

It's obvious that Wally's return was a P.R stunt for older fans. I don't think they have any plans with character besides glorified cameos anymore.

Don't like that TIm Drake cover.

Aquaman #30
    Batgirl #17
    Batman Beyond #14
    Nightwing #32 & #33 - Idk why I still read this but whatever
    Red Hood & Outlaws #16
    New Talent Showcase
    Scooby Doo Apocalypse - idk why I still read this when Fred does really nothing

For Sure
    Metal tie-ins (Justice League 32-33, Hal Jordan 32, Batman: The Devasator, Batman: Lost, The Batman Who Laughs)
    Doomsday Clock
    Action Comics
    Batman and the Signal
    Mister Miracle
    Black Lightning (F*** yea, Clayton Henry!)

Maybe
    Deadman
    Wonder Woman
    New Talent Showcase

And in December, I'll be getting Hawkman: Found and Metal 4.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Everyone has the right to be excited for something that they see as a possibility of happening, and posting about it, even if someone else doesn't.
    ^^^^^ agreed.

I'll get Tec, Supes and Action, Mr Miracle and Doomsday Clock.

And if I have money I'm getting that trade of the silver age TT