Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don't follow D C month to month and so none of the new books interest me.
    I do like to pick and chose trades though and will surely get a few of them
    like Johns JSA soft cover trades vol.1 and a few other books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Dude, when will you understand that DC doesn't want Wally to have any of those things? They don't want him to have a solo book, or a prominent role in their universe, or even supporting roles outside of Titans. They've come up with several (bogus) excuses for why he can't get a solo or appear in The Flash. They're pushing Nu Wally at least twice as hard as Ginger Wally, and clearly want him to be the main Wally West for the rest of our lifetimes. This character is the antithesis of what DC wants to promote, everything done to him since Johns left his book has been a huge middle finger to his fans. The company hates him. These things you want, are not going to happen under this management. Wally West is not on the agenda.
    I'm just stating what I want. Whether or not DC does so is up to them. All I can do is continue to voice my wants and if enough people do so and they see there's an audience for it, then they might actually try and provide something for us.

I feel bad saying this but I've never read Johns JSA, is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Oh yes .

BANNED

There are two Johns JSA runs: There's JSA which ran from 1999-2006. This is NOT just Johns' run though, as James Robinson helped with the early issues, and David Goyer stuck around for the bulk of it. This run is FANTASTIC. Some of Johns' irritating writing habits poke through (Ex. Killing off minor characters (Sometimes OFF PANEL) to raise drama), but overall, it's a highly enjoyable and intelligent book with an amazing cast...and also Hawkman, who they managed to make me dislike forever because of just how creepy he was here.

Then there's Justice Society of America, which ran from 2006-2011, but Johns left part way through. This run, overall, isn't as well put together as JSA. It does have merit though! The cast gets a massive expansion, making for some great interactions, some of my all time favorite characters are introduced such as Tommy Bronson AKA Tomcat and Maxine "Best JSA Member EVER" Hunkel AKA Cyclone. Some of the stories are also still up to snuff. However, with this expansion, Johns butchered (literally in one of their cases) characters like Damage and Judomaster, and stories could become very cluttered at times. It's a mixed book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'm just stating what I want. Whether or not DC does so is up to them. All I can do is continue to voice my wants and if enough people do so and they see there's an audience for it, then they might actually try and provide something for us.
    They already know what fans want, and they already know this character has an audience. Didn't stop them from telling me to my face that Wally couldn't possibly support a solo book in this climate

DCU:
    Aquaman #30
    Batman #34-35
    Batman Annual #1
    Batman & The Signal #1
    Batman: Creature of the Night #1 (Just cause it's a Prestige book, and I've wanted to try something by Busiek)
    Batman: White Knight #2
    Bombshells United #5-6 (If it is actually $2.99 otherwise I trade wait it)
    Deathstroke #25
    The Demon: Hell is Earth #1
    Detective Comics #968-969
    Doomsday Clock #1
    Flash #34-35
    Green Lanterns #34-35
    Hawkman Found #1
    Mister Miracle #4
    Mystik U #1
    New Super-Man #17
    New Talent Showcase 2017 #1 (Should probably read last year's before this since I did buy it)
    Ragman #2
    Suicide Sqaud #29-30
    Super Sons #10
    Super Sons Annual #1
    Superman #34-35
    Wonder Woman #34-35
    Wildstorm #9
    Wildstorm: Michael Cray #2 (Like I thought, after I caught up on Wildstorm #5 & 6, I now like Cray enough to try his book)

Maybes: Aquaman Annual #1, Deadman #1 (Never read any Neal Adam and want to know if this is a mini or not), Bat Out of Hell Crossover Books

Hanna-Barbera:
    Scooby Apocalypse #19 (Nice to see Secret Squirrel as a back up in this, I wanted to read more but I didn't think it could hold up as a solo)
    Jetsons #1 (Glad this is coming, hopefully Snagglepuss is next)

Maybes: Future Quest Showcase #4, Ruff & Reddy Show #2, Dastardly & Muttley #3

All the Prestige, mini, maxi and annual books are probably gonna force me to pre-order to save some money this month.

Incredible Member

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Titans
    Ragman
    Black Lightning (YAY!!! for the return of Tony Isabella )
    The Demon
    Most of the Metal tie ins.

@SkyMason21
    Lol, that list is looking like my car payment. XD
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Is anyone else just sick to death of the Suicide Squad?!? I can understand wanting to push the team when the movie came out but they're still guest appearing in other books every single month.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Is anyone else just sick to death of the Suicide Squad?!? I can understand wanting to push the team when the movie came out but they're still guest appearing in other books every single month.
    Im just mad that El Diablo was the only member from the movie left off the main comic roster! He could have used the exposure!

Harley and Deadshot appearing everywhere is annoying as hell though!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I am glad they are getting a push but i think im more annoyed with the fact that it's the Deadshot and Harley Quinn show. Katana, Croc and Boomerang are criminally underused. Diablo is missing. Typical.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK #1 - Cautiously optimistic about this.
    HAWKMAN: FOUND #1 - Because Kendra's back and I like Lemire. Not sure how I FEEL about the new Kendra, but... gonna give this a chance. And hgey, if it leads to a new Hawk ongoing, why not? Also, assuming Death of Hawkman somehow ties into this. Also, since when is Hawkman "one of the greatest heroes of the DC Universe"?
    BATMAN #34
    BATMAN #35
    BATMAN ANNUAL #2 - The lack of Ace the Bat-Hound upsets me. But hey, at least King gets the whole annual this time! No mediocre Snyder and Tynion (I THINK he also got one last time?) stories! I like how King writes Batman and Catwoman, even if I think the engagement was rushed... which I'm 90% sure was the intent.
    DEATHSTROKE #25 - Oh ****. Reverse-Flash?! Is he not supposed to be kinda sorta dead (for now)? Also, every time I see Deathstroke with a speedster, I get PTSD-style flashbacks to that horrible Identity Crisis fight.
    WONDER WOMAN #34 - Yet another "I'm not trying" cover from Hitch. Seriously, Grail looks... off (colouring's not helping) and Diana looks like she pulled a muscle stretching. At least Pagulayan is a good artist. Also, still excited for this story, especially given how bad the current writer has been.
    WONDER WOMAN #35
    BATMAN: CREATURE OF THE NIGHT #1 - Haven't read Secret Identity, but I REALLY want to. Plus, it's Busiek, so... yeah. **** yeah.
    MISTER MIRACLE #4
    WILDSTORM: MICHAEL CRAY #2 - Gets an arc.
    THE WILD STORM #9 - Yay, it only took a month off! This is Ellis, so it disappearing for half a year or something wasn't out of the question.
    BUG!: THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER #5
    DOOM PATROL #11 - Yay, no resolicit (so far)! Also, not sure how I feel about the Brotherhood of Dada coming back, since I liked their ending from Morrison's run.

JUSTICE LEAGUE/POWER RANGERS HC - Unless the rest of the issues massively go to ****. This has been a fun series.
    KAMANDI BY JACK KIRBY OMNIBUS HC - About time!

Maybe:
    DARK NIGHTS: METAL #4 - Haven't read the first issue yet, but The Casting was basically everything I hate about Snyder.
    THE FLASH #34 - Might drop this run. It's been very average, and... yeah. Also, about time they did something with Meena. They teased her being a villain aaaaaages ago. Though yet ANOTHER evil speedster is... meh. Also, CAN BARRY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NUWALLY IS WORKING WITH SLADE?! You'd think he'd bring it up!
    THE FLASH #35
    SUPER SONS ANNUAL #1 - Because super-pets
    BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #2 - Depending on the first issue.
    GOTHAM CITY GARAGE #3 - Depending on the first issue.
    NEW TALENT SHOWCASE 2017 #1 - If I feel like it and have a light week.

BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 4: DEUS EX MACHINA TP - Not a fan of Tynion's 'Tec run, but... Zatanna
    SUICIDE SQUAD VOL. 4: EARTHLINGS ON FIRE TP
    BATMAN IN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: THE BRONZE AGE VOL. 1 TP
    SHAZAM!: THE NEW BEGINNING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION HC
    SUPERMAN ADVENTURES VOL. 4 TP - Apparently Millar's work on this series was really great, and not at all like his other edgelord works.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

Dammit, Hitch! You were supposed to be off Justice League this month! Though I guess the new writer shouldn't have to start their run with a tie-in, since people would actually wanna read the new run.

Yay, more overly detailed, ugly Ethan Van Sciver covers... yippee...

Batman and the Signal? Really? We're really going with the Signal as a name? Jeez... I would've preferred Lark. Also, Batman hasn't operated exclusively at night for... a few years at least now, right?

That Aquaman #30 cover looks like Arthur's either playing a game or really poorly trying to hide his face.

The Batwoman cover reminds me of Arkham Knight's Scarecrow, which is nice, since I dug his design for the most part (I remember not liking... SOMETHING, but I can't recall what).

I still don't like Tim's new Red Robin suit. Get rid of the green, at least! And that symbol is still ugly.

I found Humphries' Green Lanterns to be VERY unsubtle and... loud, for lack of a better word. So much narration. Seeley writes the same way, but his narration at least tends to be a bit easier to read, though his dialogue's always felt like he thinks it's cleverer than it actually is.

I've heard good things about Steve Orlando's handling of Prometheus on Midnighter, so Justice League of America should be good. And hey, Batman's finally off! He always felt like he clashed with the theme of the team (as does Lobo, but can't win 'em all).

That Justice League of America Annual cover... ugh. If that's the cover, can't imagine what the interior looks like.

Wow, Seeley had a really short run on Hellblazer!

Um... I'm kinda super excited to see the Flashes meet in New Super-Man. C'moooooon, trade!

Wait, there was ANOTHER secret Suicide Squad?!

Is Orlando leaving Supergirl?! Because I'd read a Jody Houser Supergirl ongoing! Also, lol that cover. Boobs, yo.

How the crap was it a bad move to kick out Kid Flash! He risked his and Wally's life to save a dude because of an afternoon and a burger! The kid has become the living embodiment of daddy issues!

Calling it: Wally's the traitor on Titans and Dick is gonna stick by him. Don't know how he'd be the traitor (maybe he's Eobard Thawne pulling a Return of Barry Allen, especially given the name of the first arc of Titans, the Linda thing and the somewhat creepy tendencies), but Dan Abnett will find a way. Just... c'mon, Wally. Just hold out til Doomsday Clock ends; I'm sure Johns has SOMETHING planned for you.

I can see Black Lightning going badly. How many of these "old school creator comes back" series have actually worked out?

Wasn't The Demon solicited last month?

Having not known that Destiny of the Endless got a series at some point, I thought Kwitney wrote for Destiny the GAME. My reaction was an actual "ew, really?". Will probs pick it up in trade.

Still surprised Bane Conquest hasn't been cancelled, even if it's a mini.

Kara Gordon? Um... huh.

That Nightwing: The New Order cover... Wonder who the Blue Lantern is (Donna?). Also, the Flash. Given it's an elseworlds and the team is mostly Titans, maybe Wally?

What the crap happened to the Young Animal line? It's weird when DOOM PATROL is the only one coming out (hopefully), and Bug is a resolicit.

Wow, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey is only on volume 2 in trades?!

Ugh, Joker's Daughter... just... ugh.

Yay, new JSA trades! I have the old ones and am planning to get the omnibi, but this is great for people wanting to get into a great series

There were Smallville trades that didn't come out yet?! Didn't those series end, like, years ago?!

Imaginary Fiends sounds interesting... but gonna ahve to wait for others' thoughts on it. Seeley's hit or miss for me.

That Superman vs. The Flash statue irks me way more than it should. Either have Barry's Silver Age suit OR the modern one! Not this weird hybrid thing! That belt! Those lines! Uuuugggghhh. Also, lack of Super undies. Boo, you whores.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

YES! Very good! It's the comic that got me into the DC Universe, but even ignoring that, it holds up VERY well (reread it last year).

JSA is a good series with some great character work and stories, and does some great stuff with continuity (this run itnroduced the idea that Black Adam, Nabu, Khufu and Chayara knew each other way back when) and legacy. It's all grand and epic while still feeling character focused. It's uneven (like most long runs), but when it's good, it's REALLY good. Of course, there are some noticeable problems (everything related to Doctor Fate's subplot), but it's a really good run, and will definitely get you to appreciate the JSA. Just know going in that the cast is pretty big and some characters get more character development than others.

Regular pulls: