Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Marvel is doing this with Secret Empire and Generations and then they're planning on sitting out on events for two full years entirely.

Maybe DC is thinking the same thing? These two companies are incredibly symbiotic with one another.
    Source????????

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Source????????
    http://www.cbr.com/marvel-no-major-e...secret-empire/

Eighteen months, sorry.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

How in the world can a DC fan resist Metal and Doomsday clock?

I just......

I mean even if you don't like Batman (whut?) there are dozens of other characters ......esp in the Doomsday clock

It's definitely not just Sups, Oz and Mannhatten. Drawn by Gary freakin Frank, who I guess has gotten a lot of time to make his art shine....

Too each their own I guess, but DC Has Dozens of good books to choose from, from a bunch of different styles and tones

Edit: woah quick reply endsong, I missed that, thanks.
    Last edited by Nick Miller; 08-21-2017 at 08:20 PM.

I've only been reading superhero comics for a little over a year. I'm just not drinking the Kool-Aid. I like to read a bunch of different genres and these use up space in the budget that I had earmarked for other stuff.

The reason I'm skittish when it comes to Marvel single issues is because of the way they try to coerce you into buying a large portion of their line by holding titles you're following hostage with events for months. I'm glad DC hasn't done anything like that with Rebirth thus far. I like that DC's events are primarily optional. A one month interruption, I can tolerate. Longer than that and I can see my pull list switching to mostly Image and trades.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 08-21-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

The concept of Metal appeals to me greatly, but I can't get myself to buy Doomsday Clock. Maybe I would eventually get it at my local library, if it's well received, but I don't think I could deal with Superman interacting with Geoff John's written Watchmen characters.

I hate to sound like an Alan Moore fanboy, because I'm not, I don't even like most of the comics he writes, but DC characters interacting with the world of Watchmen, seems surreal in the most disgusting way.

Insofar as Metal, I read the first issue and appreciated the old stuff being weaved back in. But I found the "Mystic Batman" angle lame even when Morrison did it, so bringing back those concepts now does absolutely nothing for me; I'm no more receptive to it not even considering the contrived group of evil Batmen that are coming along with it. It just sounds stupid. So for the good stuff it gives like Challengers, Red Tornado, Blackhawks, Hawkman, etc, I'll just wait to be further re-introduced to them elsewhere when these concepts inevitably jump off from their reintroduction in Metal to their own "Rebirths".

To be honest I'm not even sold completely on Doomsday Clock yet. The fact its basically all about Superman from what I've heard is the main selling point for me personally, but at the same time I think Johns has hurt Superman more than he's helped in the past decade or so. So I don't know what to expect. I'm half hyped, but half terrified for Superman if this is bad Johns at work.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-21-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Don't really see the problem. Metal is a crossover event. Doomsday Clock is the conclusion to the Rebirth storyline started last June. It is not a crossover. It's a self-contained story that is set a year ahead of the current DCU.

Yes, they are both events, but the focus, themes and styles are very different. It's like saying I can't eat two different flavors of ice cream.

If it's a money issue. I would suggest dropping any titles you don't absolutely need to read or, if reading two different events is too much for you, pick one and read that one, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I have no idea, but at this point, I'm getting jaded if not annoyed by all this.
    Yeah, I hate it when DC tells great, universe-spanning stories with my favorite characters and by my favorite creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Well, there are plenty of months where Doomsday Clock will intersect with Metal.
    I know this isn't your point but from a storytelling POV, they take place a year from one another. Doomsday Clock takes place a year in the future.

The concept of Metal appeals to me greatly, but I can't get myself to buy Doomsday Clock. Maybe I would eventually get it at my local library, if it's well received, but I don't think I could deal with Superman interacting with Geoff John's written Watchmen characters.

I hate to sound like an Alan Moore fanboy, because I'm not, I don't even like most of the comics he writes, but DC characters interacting with the world of Watchmen, seems surreal in the most disgusting way.
    As for myself, I'm quite jaded about Superman since Reborn already, so I must confess that a whole event surrounding around him interacting with Manhattan has lost its appeal to me. Perhaps I'll read it, perhaps not, I'm quite undecided.

Incredible Member

No interest in Metal whatsoever. But I'm pumped for Doomsday Clock.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    No interest in Metal whatsoever. But I'm pumped for Doomsday Clock.
    Noooooooo. That's not allowed! You MUST be pumped for both! (Or neither, but...) It's the law of the internet!

Astonishing Member

According to Bleeding Cool, (Here's the link https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...mber-2017-far/), the highly anticipated event Doomsday Clock will start it's first issue this November, and I assume another big event DC is publishing, Dark Nights Metal, will continue into the month of April. Is it a good idea for DC to publish two high profile event comics simultaneously?
    If you have read BC, they attribute it to dueling camps at DC with Johns on one side and Didio (and probably Snyder/Lee) on the other. It's less business and more two sides scrambling for control of DC publishing.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...o-geoff-johns/
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 08-22-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Why not? Metal is the standard event you've come to expect from the big 2. Doomsday Clock is a stand-alone series, with no tie-ins, that concludes the Rebirth storyline.
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    If you have read BC, they attribute it to dueling camps at DC with Johns on one side and Didio (and probably Snyder/Lee) on the other. It's less business and more two sides scrambling for control of DC publishing.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...o-geoff-johns/
    wonder how true this is. and if it is, how will this affect dc as a whole.