View Poll Results: Which of the following do you want back?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Mutants

11 26.19%
  • X-Factor Investigations

17 40.48%
  • X-Force

6 14.29%
  • eXiles

1 2.38%
  • Excalibur

7 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Men splinter teams

Which of the following X-Men splinter groups would you most like to make a comeback? Why?

Who would be on the roster? And who would you like as the creative team? I'm very interested in seeing what people have to say
    Attached Images Attached Images

A new X-factor team could be interesting
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

New Mutants, but mixed with Gen X. Written by Al Ewing.

Cast:

Moonstar (leader)
    Magik
    Chamber
    Jubilee (or Husk if Jubilee's busy with the school)
    Synch

X-Factor:
    • Madrox
    • Tempus
    • M
    • Hijack
    • Rictor
    • Shatterstar
    • Siryn

Monet enlists Tempus to take them back to Jamie's death and retrieves a dupe which becomes Prime - resurrecting him whist allowing development with the emotional baggage of knowing that you should be and were dead.

I'd have Siryn return without her voice - later discovering that the recreation of the universe (she remembers fragments because she was a god) caused the Morrigan to become forcibly torn away from her and the T-mists left her comatose.

I'll go into more detail in the Pitch a book thread sometime in the future if anyone is interested
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I wanted to choose all, but I ultimately went with New Mutants.

X-Factor has the most distinctive feel that I crave. Would love to see the Xverse have a place in the street-level renaissance.

Would love a mini for the NM, particularly to reunite Rahne with them. However dont need an ongoing. X-Force needs a longer retirement IMO but love the paramilitary concept.

i

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

To me I feel like those splinter teams are more or less archetypes of books. I would describe the current Weapon X book as "the X Force book". The current Generation X book is "the New Mutants book". We don't have any equivalent to XFactor, eXiles, or Excalibur though.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

You for got one Alpha Flight.

New Mutants with Dani Moonstar as leader.

XForce and Excalibur

We need team books, as it's so hard for a solo to last nowadays.

Dani needs a proper X-Men push no matter what the vehicle.

I absolutely loved Exiles but I don't need a comeback. Could see Excalibur be less mutant focused but a good way to get Chamber and Pixie more exposure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    New Mutants, but mixed with Gen X. Written by Al Ewing.

Cast:

Moonstar (leader)
    Magik
    Chamber
    Jubilee (or Husk if Jubilee's busy with the school)
    Synch
    I have been wanting a multi-generations book since Mike Carey admitted it was Age of X's original premise.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Dani needs a proper X-Men push no matter what the vehicle.

I have been wanting a multi-generations book since Mike Carey admitted it was Age of X's original premise.
    I've wanted one for a long time, too. It was tempting to add a couple of New X-men to the list, but the team was getting too big.

My big craving for international X-Men flavor is Alpha Flight, but Excalibur is a good runner-up.

I will be very surprised if there's not an announcement for a New Mutants book soon after USAvengers wraps. And yes, Ewing on writing duties, please.

A "classic volume 1 inspired" version of Excalibur. That title was a lot of fun (at least prior to the Pete Wisdom years, I stopped following around that time, so I can't comment much on the quality of the title after he joined). New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor, and even Exiles (the Dazzler led version) have all had more recent revivals.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

I think it's interesting that Kitty, Rachel & Nightcrawler, who are all past members of Excalibur, are all in X-Men Gold now. I think there was some mention of Captain Britain showing up there so perhaps we'll get some form of Excalibur reunion which would be nice. Mark Paniccia made some mention of Excalibur recently, but it'd be quite different to what we're used to https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...06591808159744

New Mutants I think should be reformed to pick up some unfinished business for the X-Men. I'd love to see Boom Boom and Husk joining the main members, but it's a hard team to balance. I wouldn't really want to lose any of the long-standing members except maybe Karma or Warlock, who bore me a little.

X-Force I think can probably wait a little longer until it's necessary again. Weapon X is currently filling that void anyway, though I think it's a limited story. I'd love to see Cable, Domino, Warpath and such together taking on Reavers and some of the more brutal enemies to mutantkind.

I've pitched my idea for eXiles before. I'd bring together Old Man Logan, Nocturne, Ruby Summers, AoA Blink and The Fallen and have them traverse the multiverse and intervene in events concerning mutants.

X-Factor would be much harder to pull off I think. Multiple Man, the heart of the group, is dead. Monet is merged with Emplate. Siryn is the Morrigan. Strong Guy was in Hel. Pulling together these characters, and gaining traction as a team again, would be tough. I like the idea of them doing PI work and solving crimes though. That idea really appeals to me. Maybe have Bishop lead a new group with a few of the original members.

And yes I did forget Alpha Flight, who should stop being Captain Marvel's lackeys and go back to being a team that we know and love. Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman, Puck... it's a really lovable group.