Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 'Graphic Novels' that could belong on any bookshelf.

I have friends etc who don't even read comics but have certain books like Watchmen or V For Vendetta on their bookshelves along with other regular books. What other comics can you think of that might fit this criteria?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Maus, Dark knight returns, Sandman, Preacher, Planetary, Transmetropolitan, Enigma and a lot of other early 90s Vertigo titles
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Maus, Dark knight returns, Sandman, Preacher, Planetary, Transmetropolitan, Enigma and a lot of other early 90s Vertigo titles
    + Daytripper (that is really a book that everybody should read), Criminal, Sleeper, From hell, LoEG.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    + Daytripper (that is really a book that everybody should read), Criminal, Sleeper, From hell, LoEG.
    Yes, Daytripper, very underrated. It's one of my books I give to everyone who's interested. Sleeper and Criminal are Brubaker's awesomeness so yes indeed. And of course From hell and LoEG, how could I forget those? To be honest, most Moore works fit. Like Top ten, Swamp thing etc.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

In addition to what's already been mentioned:

Bone, The Incal, Metabarons, Sin City, Batman: Year One, Solo, WE3, Black Hole, Ghost World, and pretty much anything by Darwyn Cooke or Paul Pope.

On a purely visual level, The graffiti designs watchmen, leather bound frank millar batman, and absolute sandman are some very classy looking books that wouldn't even look out of place in the White House library.

As far as literary graphic novels go, the only book I have to add to the afore-mentioned lists (excluding We3 which I hated) is Essex County by Jeff Lemire.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 07-17-2014 at 04:53 PM.