Page 1 of 327 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Magik Appreciation

Well, it looks like it is time for a new Magik Appreciation thread...

Everyone's favorite teleporting "demon" sorceress who made her debut in Giant Size X-Men #1 all the way back in 1975. The younger sister of Colossus has made a name for herself over the years making her way through the New Mutants to the Uncanny X-Men.

May the new discussion on Illyana Rasputin Begin !!!

Last edited by Andru; 04-30-2014 at 03:54 PM.

BANNED

whoa this is was quick, i will miss the previous one but let it start again

I do so enjoy Illyana Rasputin! Especially this latest version, that has her being both fun and dangerous - which is how she should be written. You don't want her as a foe but as a friend, she can be saucy!

Also, the best of the three Rasputins!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrixpendent View Post
    whoa this is was quick, i will miss the previous one but let it start again
    I will miss it too!

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I do so enjoy Illyana Rasputin! Especially this latest version, that has her being both fun and dangerous - which is how she should be written. You don't want her as a foe but as a friend, she can be saucy!

Also, the best of the three Rasputins!
    Agreed! Illyana has certainly "out-shined" her brother over the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I will miss it too!

Agreed! Illyana has certainly "out-shined" her brother over the last couple years.
    All she really needed was to ditch a junior team, join the big leagues and be a major part of a crossover. Or a fifth of a major side of a crossover

All she really needed was to ditch a junior team, join the big leagues and be a major part of a crossover. Or a fifth of a major side of a crossover
    Becoming one of The Phoenix Five definitely gave her a popularity boost. Thanks to AVX, I discovered the lovely Illyana & was intrigued enough that I read pretty much all her history from the 70's until now.

I know some people weren't impressed with AVX, but I will always remember it for introducing me to Magik!

Becoming one of The Phoenix Five definitely gave her a popularity boost. Thanks to AVX, I discovered the lovely Illyana & was intrigued enough that I read pretty much all her history from the 70's until now.

I know some people weren't impressed with AVX, but I will always remember it for introducing me to Magik!
    Yeah, when people complain about AvX, I reckon they are not Illyana fans as she was awesome in it. Plus that Cap v Wolverine fight was cool too!

AvX did wonders for Illyana as she sweeped many awards that year. Oh no! Are those threads gone now too? Hopefully WorstBlogEver has those saved somehow!

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

cyknmag.jpg

Guest Star Cyclops, but damn if Magik isn't the best damn mutant sorceress (Wanda, eat your heart out!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    cyknmag.jpg

Guest Star Cyclops, but damn if Magik isn't the best damn mutant sorceress (Wanda, eat your heart out!)
    Illyana vs. Wanda? I would love to see that! Their "fight" in AVX was over in a flash. Unfortunately, Magik was on the losing side

Not much going on this week concerning Illyana in the comics. She did have a cameo in All New X-Men, but she didn't have any lines. I expect to see more action from her in the following issues when the school is under attack by the Future Brotherhood.

Remember during Battle of the Atom, with that one cover that made it look like she was going to have an epic adventure in the future with young Beast and the other guy (Iceman, maybe?) and it was over before we knew it? I thought she was going to save BotA like she did AvX but she wasn't given the chance.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Illyana vs. Wanda? I would love to see that! Their "fight" in AVX was over in a flash. Unfortunately, Magik was on the losing side
    I like to see it as, she was in the side that got jobbed to make the other side make $$$

How can this sexy, strong woman ever lose?

tumblr_m6b1hiqt8t1qatfumo1_500.jpg

Remember during Battle of the Atom, with that one cover that made it look like she was going to have an epic adventure in the future with young Beast and the other guy (Iceman, maybe?) and it was over before we knew it? I thought she was going to save BotA like she did AvX but she wasn't given the chance.
    As much as I disliked BOTA, I have to say, Magik got a great deal of action. That was pretty much the only positive thing I got out of that "50th Anniversary Event".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I like to see it as, she was in the side that got jobbed to make the other side make $$$

How can this sexy, strong woman ever lose?

tumblr_m6b1hiqt8t1qatfumo1_500.jpg
    A shame indeed! At least she got the better of Wanda's brother & stuck him in her "Risen to Earth Limbo Prison"

As much as I disliked BOTA, I have to say, Magik got a great deal of action. That was pretty much the only positive thing I got out of that "50th Anniversary Event".

A shame indeed! At least she got the better of Wanda's brother & stuck him in her "Risen to Earth Limbo Prison"
    I did like seeing how happy Future Colossus was to see his sister alive. oh no! I had forgotten that she killed herself in that future. No wonder she was so happy to have Kitty on her side of the Schism or whatever we are still calling it. Schism, right? It isn't like we had a major draft or anything. Just Kitty and the O5

I wonder if she'll still have a rage boner for Evil future Xavier.

BANNED

well we are missing yanapryde, where is he ?