Page 386 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486886 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 20773

Someone over at the MMW board found a website which shows estimated print runs for Marvel books in the newly released Hachette catalog. Pretty neat! Some of the estimated print runs are quite low!

http://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc16-mar...vels-for-2017/

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Someone over at the MMW board found a website which shows estimated print runs for Marvel books in the newly released Hachette catalog. Pretty neat! Some of the estimated print runs are quite low!

nice! It's weird to see thought that MoKF gets a 3K print run while Squirrel girl vol3 gets like 30K or something like that. Or that certain MMWs only get 1,5K while others get over 3K even tough they are volume 10s or 9s too.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yes, very small run indeed for the Shang-Chi Vol. 3 Omni.

Also, only 6K for the Alpha Flight Byrne Omni.

Going up to 7.5K for DD Silver age Vol. 1 and GotG Valentino Omnis. 9K upwards for the remaining Omnis.

I also thought it very strange regarding the MMW numbers - can't figure that one out.

Mighty Member

That was interesting. Surprised to see some so low (UXM MMW 1.2K, DHOKF V3 3K) and equally surprised to see some so high (Deadpool Adamantium 13.5K, Star Wars box set +18K) - both these are even more niche than omni's so those print runs were shocking to me. Well maybe not star wars so much...

Amazing Member

Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu Omnibus Vol. 3
    Doug Moench, Mike Zeck, Gene Day, Rick Hoberg
    FRONTLIST
    On Sale Date: March 14, 2017
    Ages 13 And Up, Grades 8 to 17
    $125.00 USD, $158.00 CAD
    696 pages
    Announced 1st Print: 3K

Better snap that up quick.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Dito! But TV & Movies motivate Omniboo...
    I hope the "hellfire" show that was canceled will be replaced by a Peter David X-factor so they can start Omnifing the series since the 90's government team!

by the way, let me know if this is too far-fetched...

- inhumans movie delayed;
    - Road to Wok, Wok, Rok Omnibus solicited;
    - "hellfire" series canceled, to be replaced by a new serie with Marvel & Fox working together;

join the dots.... ?
    Oh my god. I can only wish!

That is a huge difference in numbers between the most printed and the fewest. I can appreciate that a lot of the more popular trades will be put in mass market / mainstream stories but even so it is quite the variance.

As for the MMW what is the average first month sales on these?

Also what is: Enchanted Tiki Room? A Disney title? Also Marvel Tsum Tsum?

Also the numbers for Moon girl and Squirrel girl are really impressive they must be doing very well in the book shops.
    Last edited by Mr`Orange; 07-20-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Also what is: Enchanted Tiki Room? A Disney title?
    It's the next Disney Kingdoms series. Previous titles have included Figment/Figment 2, Big Thunder Railroad and Haunted Mansion.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

That is a huge difference in numbers between the most printed and the fewest. I can appreciate that a lot of the more popular trades will be put in mass market / mainstream stories but even so it is quite the variance.

I'm on my way home from work right now, so no ready stats available, but from what I remember, MMW HCs shift around 1.1-1.4K in their premiere month.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu Omnibus Vol. 3
    Doug Moench, Mike Zeck, Gene Day, Rick Hoberg
    FRONTLIST
    On Sale Date: March 14, 2017
    Ages 13 And Up, Grades 8 to 17
    $125.00 USD, $158.00 CAD
    696 pages
    Announced 1st Print: 3K

Better snap that up quick.
    I know I was planning to already, this will likely motivate some others.

I'm late to the moan/groan party but it does indeed stink on that GotG overlap so soon. Still, it is what it is.
    Likewise I've gotten to where I try very, very hard to avoid double dipping. The GotG is one I don't think we could've predicted.
    However, I've not bought some MMW, in anticipation of an Omni. I've not bought thicker TPBs, like the 90's Deathlok or GotG:3000 cause I'm hoping that means possible Omni later. If you're a person to snatch up content right away after being in this "game" for some time you have no one to blame but yourself for not anticipating. Sure, sometimes it's a gamble, there are no sure things but sometimes you need to hedge. I do a lot more hedging now than I used to a decade ago.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Si Spurrier. Was part of the marvel now rebranding a few years back.
    Thanks. I'm not familiar with his work. I am familiar with Mike Carey's stuff, so I wish it was his. I might take a chance on it, if the price is right, but even with the IST discounts, I'm not going for another $125 Marvel BS X-Men tax.

Mycomicshop.com has the Ultimates OHC for $12 (1st Print, VG) and $13 (2nd Print, Fine) and the Ultimates 2 OHC for $48 (VF). So for $60 you can get the entire run in all it's oversized glory. Man that was a great series back in the day. Too bad it never went anywhere after those first two volumes.
    No kidding - one of the best published at the time. Sadly it went to hell when Loeb came on board and even Millar's later runs couldn't catch the magic of the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    It's the next Disney Kingdoms series. Previous titles have included Figment/Figment 2, Big Thunder Railroad and Haunted Mansion.

Never heard of any of these! Oh well as long as they bring people into the fold and make Disney / Marvel money it is all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm on my way home from work right now, so no ready stats available, but from what I remember, MMW HCs shift around 1.1-1.4K in their premiere month.
    So that is cutting it close, I would have thought that Marvel would print and hold at least 50-100% of the first months sales even on niche items like this especially as they don't reprint MMW's (do they)?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I know I was planning to already, this will likely motivate some others.

I'm late to the moan/groan party but it does indeed stink on that GotG overlap so soon. Still, it is what it is.
    Likewise I've gotten to where I try very, very hard to avoid double dipping. The GotG is one I don't think we could've predicted.
    However, I've not bought some MMW, in anticipation of an Omni. I've not bought thicker TPBs, like the 90's Deathlok or GotG:3000 cause I'm hoping that means possible Omni later. If you're a person to snatch up content right away after being in this "game" for some time you have no one to blame but yourself for not anticipating. Sure, sometimes it's a gamble, there are no sure things but sometimes you need to hedge. I do a lot more hedging now than I used to a decade ago.
    The M-Tech Deathlok? Do it! If you can find it buy it, such a great story and amazing art.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I also thought it very strange regarding the MMW numbers - can't figure that one out.

So that is cutting it close, I would have thought that Marvel would print and hold at least 50-100% of the first months sales even on niche items like this especially as they don't reprint MMW's (do they)?
    From what I've heard/read/seen, mainly over on the MMW board, the MMW HC line is essentially a "print to order" type of program. Marvel sees there's money to be made, and some of the Marvel folks there (Cory Sedliemer in large part) championed Marvel brass to keep the line going years ago. Apparently back in the early 2000's when they rebooted/remastered the line, there was a lot of push-back from Bill Jemas that "nobody would want a Spider-Man or Thor Volume 18" or whatever, but thankfully the line is still going strong!

I buy the MMW HCs on release day to get the 50% discount and also b/c the print runs are so small I don't want them to disappear later down the line and I'd have a missing volume in my collection.