View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 679 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1795796296696756766776786796806816826836897297791179 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I just went and read the description. That whole page is a contradiction!!!
    How I think it's just a continuation or a volume 3.
    The key words to me are:
    Green Lantern's adventures continue in this volume of stories from the late 1960s...

However, it's listed at 1000 pages.
    How many pages is the first GL Omni that's already out?
    like half of it I think? around 500? But the description can mean anything amazon is known to mess up product descriptions, even titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    like half of it I think? around 500? But the description can mean anything amazon is known to mess up product descriptions, even titles.
    Its also months away from actually being released. I'm sure they'll update the actual contents as the release date gets closer (probably around Christmas).

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I hope they'll also go this route with the Starman and Fourth World "Omnibus" volumes. Those deserve the oversized treatment for sure.
    I seriously doubt DC is going to do anything more with Starman.

I've been doing some more investigating.

I searched for the new GL Omni on ISBNS and found this description:
    Green Lantern's adventures continue in this volume of stories from the late 1960s. In it, Hal Jordan faces the evil of villains including Sinestro, Dr. Polaris, Major Disaster, Hector Hammond, and Star Sapphire, and is declared Cosmic Enemy Number One by the rest of the Green Lantern Corps. These classic stories from one of the greatest eras of comics are featured here in a gigantic omnibus edition, GREEN LANTERN: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 3! Collects GREEN LANTERN #46-75

http://www.isbns.net/isbn/9781401268572/

That little added piece at the very end leads me to believe this IS going to be a volume 3.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Green Lantern's adventures continue in this volume of stories from the late 1960s. In it, Hal Jordan faces the evil of villains including Sinestro, Dr. Polaris, Major Disaster, Hector Hammond, and Star Sapphire, and is declared Cosmic Enemy Number One by the rest of the Green Lantern Corps. These classic stories from one of the greatest eras of comics are featured here in a gigantic omnibus edition, GREEN LANTERN: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 3! Collects GREEN LANTERN #46-75

That little added piece at the very end leads me to believe this IS going to be a volume 3.
    yeah but isbns is a comparison website probably they got the first amazon description and never changed it. They are not the most accurate. I'd say keep an eye on the book as the relesae date will get closer we will surely get to know what exactly it is.

Incredible Member

That was the original text that amazon had up as well when the book first appeared and was subsequently changed to what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    *cries* so much for wanting to appeal to old fans, as well as bring in new ones. Such a shame.

Call it OCD, but I was rather disturbed today to discover that the spine of Batman/Superman vol 4 has the "Batman" colours (grey/purple) whereas the previous three had "Superman" colours (blue)
    I got the tpb, i wonder if the hc was the same.
    It's also the first modern trade I've seen with the new DC logo, so I was curious if they would keep the blue stripe at the bottom on the spine (they did).

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That's probably true. BUT, I have a glimmer of hope, just because there is some small indication that the ice between Robinson and DC is thawing a bit. Back in 2013 he walked off Earth 2 and hasn't written for them since--and immediately afterward the paperback omnibus reprints were cancelled, apparently in retaliation (or something?) So I was happy when his JSA Golden Age Deluxe Edition showed up on Amazon (March 2017). Maybe they're patching things up?

That's probably true. BUT, I have a glimmer of hope, just because there is some small indication that the ice between Robinson and DC is thawing a bit. Back in 2013 he walked off Earth 2 and hasn't written for them since--and immediately afterward the paperback omnibus reprints were cancelled, apparently in retaliation (or something?) So I was happy when his JSA Golden Age Deluxe Edition showed up on Amazon (March 2017). Maybe they're patching things up?
    Why did he walk away from Earth 2? And given that DC did the same thing to Rucka, and only now reprinting his stuffs, I can totally believe this.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Why did he walk away from Earth 2? And given that DC did the same thing to Rucka, and only now reprinting his stuffs, I can totally believe this.
    Something like another Earth 2 title was being made, but without his involvement--I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Something like another Earth 2 title was being made, but without his involvement--I think.
    That was pretty much it, I don't even think he was offered it or was considered so he straight up walked off mid story arc.

Things could be patching up. Hell, I never thought we'd see Waid's Flash(in any form. Still hoping for an omni/ohc) reprinted with Didio still in charge, but they're collecting it finally

Digging into the web, I also see some speculation that it was DC forcing another Batman into the series that angered him. Considering he had massive plans for the future of the title.

Also sad news, I read about a project he wanted to do with Cooke, and maybe one day they can do it. :'(

It has more to do with Starman not selling.
    I love the series and wouldn't sell my HCs for anything but it doesn't have the Big 3 in it, so (enough) newer readers and DC don't give a shit.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

If DC did do larger more proper(as many of us see it) Omni's for Starman, I'd snatch them up. Those small volumes aren't really ideal. You could double up on those to get a tome I feel would be better and still not be too large.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime