Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wonder how they're going to portray tobias whale on the show.
    Heavy D? (R.I.P.)

Not that I like being negative about things if I can help it,the trailer does not make me enthused.

Hope viewing episode 1 or 2 of it can change that.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Glad they won't burden the series with cross over after cross over right away. Not to say cross overs aren't a good thing, but I never watched all the CW heroes shows.

Can't say I'm eager for this series like marvel defenders or other stuff, but I'll give it a watch. Trailer seems kind of meh though.

Retired

I don't see why they have to come right out and say it's not on the same Earth as ARROW. Unlike SUPERGIRL, from what I see, there's no reason it can't co-exist with the other shows. The message is that too often what happens in enclaves of the USA never gets reported in the wider society. I can totally accept that Black Lightning was a hero in Suicide Slum, ten years ago, but it was never something the mainstream media picked up on.

BANNED

-i think you guys are confused about something. Technically Supergirl is not a part of the Arrowverse. That universe consists of Flash, Vibe, Vixen, Constantine and Firestorm. She's on her own earth. The only thing she shares with them is the network lol.

-The suit makes sense. He's older now, more slower. He's going to need something that will help keep up with the baddies.

-I wonder if Tobias Whale will be an albino on this show. Albinos aren't really portrayed in the media.

-I don't get how anyone can get a Luke Cage vibe from this. Do you TRULY get a Luke Cage or are you just reaching because they're both black superheroes? Hmm.

-I'd love it if Geo-Force and villains like The Cadre & Doctor Polaris made appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by PЯOVOSҬ View Post
    Not that I like being negative about things if I can help it,the trailer does not make me enthused.

Hope viewing episode 1 or 2 of it can change that.
    That's funny, because I wan't enthused for this show at all, and that trailer sold me completely. I only hope the effects aren't quite complete yet, because those flashes when he hit people looked a bit too video-gamey for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't see why they have to come right out and say it's not on the same Earth as ARROW. Unlike SUPERGIRL, from what I see, there's no reason it can't co-exist with the other shows. The message is that too often what happens in enclaves of the USA never gets reported in the wider society. I can totally accept that Black Lightning was a hero in Suicide Slum, ten years ago, but it was never something the mainstream media picked up on.
    I can tell you why they say he isn't on the same Earth- I think they discovered just how difficult it is to pull off a massive crossover between 4 shows, and they don't even want to consider doing a five-way crossover until they iron out the kinks. Maybe in a year or two Cisco will open a breach and the worlds will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Well that's what it's called in the comics, so....
    And the show is the "hundred", not the "one hundred"
    I know they pronounce it the 'hundred,' but its spelled 100 which you think would be pronounced as 'one-hundred.'

being part of the arrow verse doesnt mean they have to cross over.

plus, this trailer mentions "the city" a billion times, so this has to be in the same dimension as the arrowverse where everything is about the city.

Incredible Member

I'll absolutely watch it it looks good, the daughter's voice over was a bit cheesy especially "hastag black lighting is back" that made me cringe a bit. Seems a lot more darker plot wise then any of the other CW arrowverse shows that'll be a nice difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The character you're thinking of had a completely different, actor as I recall, so I don't think that would be an issue .

Supergirl also wasn't planned to be a part of the Arrowverse but was eventually added, so I think that could eventually be the case here.
    Yes, they can establish it as an alternate Earth anytime they want to. Looks like an interesting new addition.
    Power with Girl is better.

What reasons would it serve to say it's not going to be in the same universe as Flash Legends & Arrow before it airs then later the execs want a railings boost and they shoehorn a crossover with one of the other shows sometime down the road?

I feel like this is a gritty as we can get from CW. I was feeling it untill the daughter reveal

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That's funny, because I wan't enthused for this show at all, and that trailer sold me completely. I only hope the effects aren't quite complete yet, because those flashes when he hit people looked a bit too video-gamey for me.
    Same here. I was sort of meh, another superhero show. And of a guy I never even heard of. But now I will give it a shot.

I can tell you why they say he isn't on the same Earth- I think they discovered just how difficult it is to pull off a massive crossover between 4 shows, and they don't even want to consider doing a five-way crossover until they iron out the kinks. Maybe in a year or two Cisco will open a breach and the worlds will meet.
    They don't really need to do a 5 night crossover right away. Just start small, like how Flash crossed over to Arrow and then Flash crossed over to Supergirl.
    Or more recently Supergirl crossed over to Flash in the musical episode. I could see Black Lightning making a guest appearance on Arrow or Green Arrow
    showing up on Black Lightning, for example. Or if they want to get more fantastical, Supergirl hears of someone throwing lightning bolts and thinks its
    Livewire so Supergirl goes to investigate.

Rapper Krondon has been cast as Tobias Whale

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Rapper Krondon has been cast as Tobias Whale
    Lol he was my choice for for Tombstone if we ever got him in a marvel movie.

No idea if he can act but there not alot of peoplr who look like him with his size. Almost anyone can learn to act well enough to get by on a CW show. Well im exaggerating but you get what im saying