Page 638 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1385385886286346356366376386396406416426486887381138 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 20773

To be honest, and I know that this is a wee bit cliche, but I didn't mind superhero films as much until I was into comics. Now, I find them difficult sometimes. Some of them I love though!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Hi all. I've asked this before but outside of the Kingpin Henchman and the Flowers for Rhino story, are there any standouts in the Tangled Web omni that makes it worth it? Cause those two are in the Best of Spider-Man OHCs.

And is not picking up last year's (or is it this year) McFarlane and the new Larsen omnis is a good decision?

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Nothing wrong with the Larsen Omni as it's mostly written by David Michelinie, who's great. The McFarlane book looks great but the stories, tone and dialogue are completely misjudged.

Finally got around to picking up the trades of Fractions Iron Man run from where the second OHC left off, so Marvel can officially announce an omnibus of his run!

Kidding aside, I'm not sure if I should pick up Gillen's run now. I feel like it's perfect for an omnibus, but I guess since it hasn't happened yet it won't? Decisions, decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Larsen Omni as it's mostly written by David Michelinie, who's great. The McFarlane book looks great but the stories, tone and dialogue are completely misjudged.
    This...right here.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Finally got around to picking up the trades of Fractions Iron Man run from where the second OHC left off, so Marvel can officially announce an omnibus of his run!

Kidding aside, I'm not sure if I should pick up Gillen's run now. I feel like it's perfect for an omnibus, but I guess since it hasn't happened yet it won't? Decisions, decisions
    I never read Gillen's run although I heard it started off well and sort of fizzled. I'm not sure how I feel about the retcon that went on, either.

I also never read the Superior Iron Man....Any good?

I picked Iron Man back up in floppies with Bendis. It's probably blasphemy but I really enjoyed the first volumes and I'm especially digging the Infamous Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This...right here.

I never read Gillen's run although I heard it started off well and sort of fizzled. I'm not sure how I feel about the retcon that went on, either.

I also never read the Superior Iron Man....Any good?

I picked Iron Man back up in floppies with Bendis. It's probably blasphemy but I really enjoyed the first volumes and I'm especially digging the Infamous Iron Man.
    Not sure about Superior either, I think it's only two trades?

And I'm pretty interested in Bendis' Iron Man run(both series). Good to know you're enjoying it.

Incredible Member

Unbelievably torn on this coming weeks releases. I have all the Hickman OHCs but so tempted to get the omnibus due to likely reading order alignment plus the Infinity OHC is not the highest production quality. What are some people in the same situation leaning towards? The Dr. Strange would normally be a for sure purchase but space is finally becoming a real concern, so I am wondering about the quality of the series. I have been on a Masterworks tear lately and will most likely grab the SSM volume.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Unbelievably torn on this coming weeks releases. I have all the Hickman OHCs but so tempted to get the omnibus due to likely reading order alignment plus the Infinity OHC is not the highest production quality. What are some people in the same situation leaning towards? The Dr. Strange would normally be a for sure purchase but space is finally becoming a real concern, so I am wondering about the quality of the series. I have been on a Masterworks tear lately and will most likely grab the SSM volume.
    I haven't exactly been obsessed with collecting and have severely slowed down on the purchases this year, but I am on the OHC boat on this one. Bought the entire set (skipped out on Avengers 2) last summer right before it was announced and was a little bothered. Reading the books in OHC format after reading most of my hardcovers in omnibus format, I have to say I'm glad I went this route. It is just so much easier to read a lighter and more portable book especially since I like reading on the bed. That being said, the flip-flopping through the first volumes of both books was annoying. But is it worth shelling out the extra coin? If they included Avengers World into the two omnibuses, that would be a must buy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

Finished reading that whole run like a month ago. I was told it dips after the OHCs but I kinda like the whole storyline with Tony and his company. The last two trades was where I lost interest.

Spectacular Member

I didn't buy the Avengers/New OHCs but sold off the Infinity OHC immediately after the solicits came out. The quality improvement alone is enough for me to upgrade. And the omni fits perfectly with other Hickman Omnis on the shelf

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
    I haven't exactly been obsessed with collecting and have severely slowed down on the purchases this year, but I am on the OHC boat on this one. Bought the entire set (skipped out on Avengers 2) last summer right before it was announced and was a little bothered. Reading the books in OHC format after reading most of my hardcovers in omnibus format, I have to say I'm glad I went this route. It is just so much easier to read a lighter and more portable book especially since I like reading on the bed. That being said, the flip-flopping through the first volumes of both books was annoying. But is it worth shelling out the extra coin? If they included Avengers World into the two omnibuses, that would be a must buy.
    Avengers Omni by Hickman Vol 1 = around 46 issues
    This leaves 42 issues of Avengers & New Avengers for 2nd omni leading to Secret Wars. Maybe will be padded with .1 issues?
    Avengers World is 21 issues so I'm hoping they will do a companion omni rather than taking issues from here to fill the Avengers omni.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Avengers Omni by Hickman Vol 1 = around 46 issues
    This leaves 42 issues of Avengers & New Avengers for 2nd omni leading to Secret Wars. Maybe will be padded with .1 issues?
    Avengers World is 21 issues so I'm hoping they will do a companion omni rather than taking issues from here to fill the Avengers omni.
    42+21+9 issues of Secret Wars is 72 issues. Sounds perfect for omni volumes 2 & 3. And yes, I absolutely think the omnis will be incomplete if they don't include Secret Wars.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    42+21+9 issues of Secret Wars is 72 issues. Sounds perfect for omni volumes 2 & 3. And yes, I absolutely think the omnis will be incomplete if they don't include Secret Wars.
    In regards to vol.2, I'm totally hoping for Krisis' option C, collecting all of Avengers World:
    http://crushingkrisis.com/2017/05/av...2017/#comments
    Option C collects Avengers #24-34 & 34.1-2, New Avengers #13-23, and Avengers World #1-21

I'd be fine with leaving the remainder as the OHC versions, so collection would be:
    Omnibus vol.1+2
    Time Runs Out OHC
    Secret Wars OHC (Though, they need to get some OHCs / Companions on the go for all the extra material)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

When is Marvel gonna collect more of Defalco's late 200s Spidey run? I really want them to collect more of that. The latest Epic was good, but need one to cover material even before that.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I had the OHCs and Infinity but sold them upon the omnibus announcement - in hopes that they collect it in a nice reading order.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    When is Marvel gonna collect more of Defalco's late 200s Spidey run? I really want them to collect more of that. The latest Epic was good, but need one to cover material even before that.
    A nice omnibus!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Maybe I missed it being mentioned here so apologies if so...

Tarzan Lord of the Jungle Omnibus from Marvel Jan 2018

I'm intrigued! I've never read any of it. I have liked my John Carter Omni if that helps. Those that have read this material, your thoughts?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime