Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Netflix has acquired Millarworld

Netflix has officially acquired Mark Millar’s Millarworld comic book publishing company, with plans to develop its own movies and TV series based on Millar’s original content. Millar will still continue to develop original stories and character properties for the streaming giant in the future, under the Netflix label.

http://screenrant.com/netflix-mark-m...rworld-comics/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Netflix has officially acquired Mark Millar’s Millarworld comic book publishing company, with plans to develop its own movies and TV series based on Millar’s original content. Millar will still continue to develop original stories and character properties for the streaming giant in the future, under the Netflix label.

http://screenrant.com/netflix-mark-m...rworld-comics/
    This is really interesting. I hope it's a successful acquisition. Now, I hope even more that Disney will buy or merged with Netflix that way the Millarworld Universe and Marvel Multiverse can be reunited.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post
    This is really interesting. I hope it's a successful acquisition. Now, I hope even more that Disney will buy or merged with Netflix that way the Millarworld Universe and Marvel Multiverse can be reunited.
    This is a thing thats rumored to be in the works? Disney buying Netflix

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It was, sometime around the end of last year and the beginning of this one. Then there were rumors Apple might use its massive offshore cash stockpile to go on a giant spending spree.

It'll be funny if they put out Superior before Warner Bros puts out Shazam

I only care that they bring us Chrononauts ... the world needs more Sean Murphy!

Punk Rock Jesus, Joe the Barbarian, the Wake, Tokyo Ghost, and more! MORE SEAN MURPHY!! MORE!!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

All this dude cares about is making money off of adaptations of his work. He's more of a businessman than storyteller at this point.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    All this dude cares about is making money off of adaptations of his work. He's more of a businessman than storyteller at this point.
    Isn't that the point? You know, make money off your work?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Isn't that the point? You know, make money off your work?
    One would think so. But there should be a balance between money and artistry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    It was, sometime around the end of last year and the beginning of this one. Then there were rumors Apple might use its massive offshore cash stockpile to go on a giant spending spree.

That seems unlikely now:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/08/medi...lix/index.html

I think Netflix bought Millar world, just in case Disney decides to take their Marvel TV shows off the service, this is their back up plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I only care that they bring us Chrononauts ... the world needs more Sean Murphy!

Punk Rock Jesus, Joe the Barbarian, the Wake, Tokyo Ghost, and more! MORE SEAN MURPHY!! MORE!!!
    Joe the barbarian isnt miller world is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Netflix is supposedly in a massive amount of debt, like to the tune of 20 billion. Companies that fall that far into the red often look for buyouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    His work is more enjoyable than 95% of the stuff the Big Two put out.

The reason the movies are good and do well is the source material is good.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 08-08-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post
    Disney starting their own service that's not going to happen. Even if they didn't I don't want Disney buying up more companies.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Disney starting their own service that's not going to happen. Even if they didn't I don't want Disney buying up more companies.
    Yeah, it seems more unlikely today since Disney just announced they're starting their own service. Still, Disney will need to make more acquisitions to stay competitive, almost all media companies will. AT&T is buying Time Warner. Comcast bought DreamWorks Animation. DHX Media has been on a major buying spree the last seven or eight years. While dominant now, Disney will have to keep moving forward or it will lose it's edge.