Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The first one wouldn't be as impressive for someone watching it today for the first time as it was in 1999.

It's my favorite movie in the cyberpunk genre except for Blade Runner. (Slightly ahead of The Fifth Element.)
    I saw the first one on vhs years ago and the second in theater. I never bothered with the 3rd till now and binged them all in 2 days.

Atypical. I'm torn. I'm not gonna be happy if one of the parents cheat I'm not gonna be happy.

His dating stuff. I call bull **** on most of it.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Defenders! Well, waiting for it anyway. My body is so ready.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I am starting to feel I can't call myself a true Marvel fan on behalf of the fact I still have most of Daredevil Season 2 and all of Luke Cage and Iron Fist to watch before Defenders.

...to be fair I have been distracted with a lot of other stuff.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am starting to feel I can't call myself a true Marvel fan on behalf of the fact I still have most of Daredevil Season 2 and all of Luke Cage and Iron Fist to watch before Defenders.

...to be fair I have been distracted with a lot of other stuff.
    I'd watch DD S2...Luke Cage up to one particular episode and then you can just read the rest of what happened online to spare you the drop in quality and just read Iron Fist ep summaries online to spare yourselves the brutality of watching that turd.

I'd watch DD S2...Luke Cage up to one particular episode and then you can just read the rest of what happened online to spare you the drop in quality and just read Iron Fist ep summaries online to spare yourselves the brutality of watching that turd.
    Alot of people didnt mind the over the top Diamondback. Luke cage is 2nd only to daredevil season 1 on RT.
    Ironfist i agree you can just read about it. Finn looks muxh better in the Defenders trailer then he did in his show. Hopefuly having some real prep time and figuring out what didnt work has helped

Truth.
    10char
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I was watching How I Met Your Mother. I wanted to do a DD marathon, followed by watching the first 5 or 6 episodes of Luke Cage before the Defenders, but haven't had time.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I'm working my way through "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" and finished "Atypical" tonight.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Alternating between the Great British Bake show and Blacklist.

BANNED

I watched that MTV Lord of the Rings Star Wars show, uh, The Shannara Chronicles. Thought it would totally suck, but it ended up being pretty enjoyable. Even it's teen target demo gave the thing an interesting spin you don't typically find in the genre. At least you don't see it an American stuff, I could see some sci-fi fantasy anime playing out pretty similar. Think it would have been a bit more interesting if they played up the whole post-apocalyptic aspect of it, and if it was me I'd have made the stuff they think is magic all super advanced technology they have no frame of reference for, and so just totally don't understand, so they think it's magic...but whatever.

Was kind of funny, but I watched Blame! that same day, and you could easily play that same kind of thing as Shannara with something similar to Blame!.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I thought season 1 of The Shannara Chronicles was pretty good. A lot better than I was expecting.

The only thing that bothered me was how much 21st century junk was just sitting around on the surface and just below it. This story is supposed to be thousands of years in the future.

It looks like for season 2 they're going to freestyle more away from the original books, so... we'll see.

I see The Founder showed up, been a fan of Keaton since I was a kid. That'll be the last thing I get into before Defenders this weekend.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I thought season 1 of The Shannara Chronicles was pretty good. A lot better than I was expecting.

The only thing that bothered me was how much 21st century junk was just sitting around on the surface and just below it. This story is supposed to be thousands of years in the future.

It looks like for season 2 they're going to freestyle more away from the original books, so... we'll see.
    Is Manu Bennets role substantial? Ive been thinking bout watching it because Manu. But the idea of a scripted fantasy show on MtV keeps turning me off

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I see The Founder showed up, been a fan of Keaton since I was a kid. That'll be the last thing I get into before Defenders this weekend.
    Founder was really good, Keatons great. Worth the watch

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is Manu Bennets role substantial? Ive been thinking bout watching it because Manu. But the idea of a scripted fantasy show on MtV keeps turning me off
    Yep, he was a main character, in the first season at least. His character is kind of like a young, buff Gandalf.

The show is off MTV now... it's moved to Spike.