Page 321 of 671 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 10059

I would not mind seeing Peter David do a proper Teen Titans book. His Young Justice series shows he knows how to write teen characters and his X-Factor over at marvel shows he can do great things with B and C list characters in a team setting.
    At worst, PAD is solid as a rock, so i think thqt he would be a good choice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would not mind seeing Peter David do a proper Teen Titans book.
    I would, I dont want a joke-book.

Honestly, even if PAD wasn't close with DC right now, I don't think he'd want to write a Titans book.

BANNED

So it appears that some of the Titans, current and former, get to do something in Metal:
    https://www.newsarama.com/36924-dark...ld-hunt-1.html

DARK KNIGHTS RISING: THE WILD HUNT #1
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV and JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE, IVAN REIS and others
    Cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    Continued from the pages of the bestselling DARK NIGHTS: METAL! The Dark Knights ride through the farthest reaches of the Multiverse to track down the unlikeliest of teams: The Flash, Cyborg, Raven and Detective Chimp. The mission: keep these heroes from completing their desperate quest to save all of existence! Plus, Challengers’ Mountain crackles with dark energy that will release an army of the world’s worst nightmares into the streets of Gotham City!
    This one-shot also answers the question: Where are the Metal Men? And who is the latest addition to the team?
    ADVANCE SOLICITED • ONE-SHOT • On sale FEBRUARY 14 • 40 pg, FC, $4.99 US
    FOIL-STAMPED COVER • RATED T+

On one hand, yay someone other than Robins get to do something.
    On the other hand... is the focus here the Knights or the team they are after?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Well, Titans is already a joke, David might just make it funny.

Though I’d love him writing the YJ4 again.

Mighty Member

So it appears that some of the Titans, current and former, get to do something in Metal:

Cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    Continued from the pages of the bestselling DARK NIGHTS: METAL! The Dark Knights ride through the farthest reaches of the Multiverse to track down the unlikeliest of teams: The Flash, Cyborg, Raven and Detective Chimp. The mission: keep these heroes from completing their desperate quest to save all of existence! Plus, Challengers’ Mountain crackles with dark energy that will release an army of the world’s worst nightmares into the streets of Gotham City!
    This one-shot also answers the question: Where are the Metal Men? And who is the latest addition to the team?

Well, it sounds like whether or not this particular one-shot features the team or the Knights more, that team will play a large role in the miniseries overall.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Have you actually read a book written by Peter David outside of Young Justice?

He's a very serious writer when he wants to be, and does well with it. Take X-Men Legacy for instance, or even X-Factor.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

He's a very serious writer when he wants to be, and does well with it. Take X-Men Legacy for instance, or even X-Factor.
    From what I’ve heard his Hulk was also very solid. And even YJ had it’s serious moments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    From what I’ve heard his Hulk was also very solid. And even YJ had it’s serious moments.
    In addition, his Supergirl and Aquaman runs are very serious and are absolutely brilliant. The former is by far the best Supergirl run of all time, while the latter was almost always regarded as the best Aquaman run by people until the Nu52 added some competition for the title.

Cover by DOUG MAHNKE

super excited for this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

Thing is, it's not the serious writer people want when they ask for him to appear on a TT book.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Thing is, it's not the serious writer people want when they ask for him to appear on a TT book.
    If I were to suggest him then it would be.

PAD circa X-Men/X-Men Legacy would be wonderful on Titans.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

Yeah, PAD could be good. He doesn't write characters he doesn't love and respect and want to develop, so whichever roster of Titans he chose to work with would be in good hands.

On the other hand, if the roster was pre-chosen for him, and filled up with characters he's got no interest in, it could be a dumpster fire.

BANNED

So Wolfman's doing another Raven series, only this time, it's 12 issues long.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/10...turns-to-raven

Good for all you Raven fans; I'll be sitting this out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So Wolfman's doing another Raven series, only this time, it's 12 issues long.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/10...turns-to-raven

Good for all you Raven fans; I'll be sitting this out.
    W00t? First she's doing something in Metal... even if it's running away or whatever. And now this?

There is one thing that kinda bugs be about this... it's Wolfman again, and not that I dont think he should or is up to the task, but I just wonder if there aren't any other at DC they could get to do it? (He's done/doing all 3 mini-series now). Adding Baron Winters sounds quite interesting, but I happen to know that characters tend to drop like flies around him.