Page 715 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2156156657057117127137147157167177187197257658151215 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,725 of 20762
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Looking on amazon and see the MMW Champions book is highly discounted. Is it cheap because it is not very good?
    Deep discounts like that (or any sort of discount) aren't a reflection of quality, but rather quantity. Marvel probably overestimated demand and printed too many.

There was a list posted here via Bleeding Cool recently of a whole bunch of MMW that are about to have their prices slashed. Good time to try something you might have been on the fence about...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I like him as well. I think it's the cool thing to hate on the guy and, yes he can repeat himself sometimes but for the most part he's a great storyteller. I'm super excited to see what he brings to DC. That said, deep down I always kind of hoped Marvel would have given him the 616 Amazing Spider-Man title. I liked his version in New Avengers and was always curious to see him handle a full solo title. Oh well.
    You never know, Bendis could be enticed back to Marvel 18 years down the line with the Peter Parker gig

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    USM and NA have been completely collected in the oversized hardcover format for *years*. You are free to buy them at any point.
    What's your definition of "free"? If you mean buying OOP USM OHCs for over double cover price then yes. But people who don't regularly have that much cash at their disposal are not so "free".

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    So what? If someone wants them in omnibus form they want them in omnibus form. People are free to want it in the format they want to buy it in without someone being a jerk about it.
    Exactly. I like OHCs, but I like Omnis much better

Of recent, I decided to go after the remaining part of the USM run in OHCs. I have the Vol. 1 Omni and Vol. 6-12 in OHC. Vol. 4 & 5 still to go.

I haven't yet decided what to do with NA (I have the Omni but no OHCs).

Spectacular Member

Has anyone else had problems with the new printing of the Thor by Simonson omnibus?

I've had two copies now that I've had to return because the first signature of the book is falling out. First signature ends with Thor yelling "FATHER!"

Copies came from different retailers too, so I think a large portion of the print run might be affected.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with the new printing of the Thor by Simonson omnibus?

I've had two copies now that I've had to return because the first signature of the book is falling out. First signature ends with Thor yelling "FATHER!"

Copies came from different retailers too, so I think a large portion of the print run might be affected.
    Do you have any pics? I read a few issues to check this out when I received it. I didn't have any issues but will check it out when I'm able to. I haven't had a problem with any signatures falling out from any Omnis. (had to google what signature in terms of book binding meant)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Do you have any pics? I read a few issues to check this out when I received it. I didn't have any issues but will check it out when I'm able to. I haven't had a problem with any signatures falling out from any Omnis. (had to google what signature in terms of book binding meant)
    Sample.jpg

Lol, I work in book production so I'm used to just referring to sigs. I work extensively with the printer Marvel uses for these and they usually do great work so I'm kinda surprised here. This is something that should've been caught at the printer before books were ever shipped to accounts.

I wouldn't be surprised if some other people have the same issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Sample.jpg

Lol, I work in book production so I'm used to just referring to sigs. I work extensively with the printer Marvel uses for these and they usually do great work so I'm kinda surprised here. This is something that should've been caught at the printer before books were ever shipped to accounts.

I wouldn't be surprised if some other people have the same issue.
    Happy to learn the correct terms for things! I would also be surprised if you were the only one with this issue. I wonder what the Quality Control is on these things. The only books I've seen with similar damage have been old well worn books.
    I will check mine out when I get home plus I need to check out my copy of Justice League International for its issues as well. The fun never ends.

Astonishing Member

Has anyone picked up items from Marvel's clearance sales?

I picked up all 3 volumes of Star Wars: The Marvel Years to give to a friend for Christmas. And I picked up Howard the Duck, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, The Trial of Captain America, and Return of the Winter Soldier for myself.

Question about The Stand omnibus. A few years back there was some discussion about how it was poorly built. Are the discount copies coming out today any better or are they the same edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Has anyone picked up items from Marvel's clearance sales?

I picked up all 3 volumes of Star Wars: The Marvel Years to give to a friend for Christmas. And I picked up Howard the Duck, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, The Trial of Captain America, and Return of the Winter Soldier for myself.
    Where did you get Superior Foes of Spider-Man I've been after that for ages. I thought ti was sold out

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Where did you get Superior Foes of Spider-Man I've been after that for ages. I thought ti was sold out
    It's listed on Amazon for $42.61 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    It's listed on Amazon for $42.61 right now.
    Couple people have it on Ebay for $25.

Also, $25 at CGN

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/su...mnibus-hc.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Question about The Stand omnibus. A few years back there was some discussion about how it was poorly built. Are the discount copies coming out today any better or are they the same edition?
    Seem to be the same. I bought one a couple months back and it appears to be a glue issue with the main page block separating (similar to absolute final crisis issues). An easy fix if you can be bothered with it, at that price ($35) I didn't much care.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Seem to be the same. I bought one a couple months back and it appears to be a glue issue with the main page block separating (similar to absolute final crisis issues). An easy fix if you can be bothered with it, at that price ($35) I didn't much care.
    I've had 4 copies of it. They ALL had the page block separate completely within minutes of reading. It's as notorious as the Zomnibus, and even worse in practice.

Spectacular Member

I thought so too. Then stumbled upon it at IST when I was looking for something else a few months back.
    Then it was sold out again when I wanted to buy it last week. Just my luck.