Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that sounds right. i was surprised at how young he looked in the first run of Fantastic Four. he wasn't drawn to be a ladies man or anything; like he is now. that reminded me of Bobby who was always depicted as more kid than teenager.

they need to bring back this look.
    Johnny has zero dress sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Johnny had a rough patch during that run, for sure--but so did the entire team. Robinson's entire run was a huge arc of the team being torn apart, broken down, and then ultimately overcoming their individual challenges and reuniting to deal with the true problem. Overall I thought the Robinson run was a real love-letter to the history of the FF. It incorporated so much FF continuity (both old and recent) and brought back old supporting characters and allies who used to be very prominent in the series but have fallen into disuse in more recent years (Wyatt Wingfoot, Sharon Ventura, etc). I really quite enjoyed the run.
    I also enjoyed Robinson's run, but it wasn't the best for Johnny. It's also a run that caters more to long-time FF fans, than new readers still trying to get a feel of the characters.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I wish writers did more with his mechanic/engineering skills and play them up a bit. I think him, Ben, and Sue need some skills that has them more involved in the scientific and exploration part of the Fantastic Four.

Johnny is meant to be really good at it and passionate about it too.

Last edited by Crimz; 11-09-2017 at 11:08 AM.

too late now. but, in a way, now-deceased actor Paul Walker was kind of born to play Johnny. he was a gearhead, as well; apparently. but thank you for posting those panels. it's good that they showcased Johnny's mechanical skill. it makes him more than just the shallow "kid" of the team. they realized that he had to be "more" early on.

I wonder if Shyla, of the Locust Project, will ever resurface. Johnny doesn't have much of a rogues gallery; unless you count Psycho-Woman.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

So underrated, when i was a kid, he was my favorite hero, now theres nothing about him u____u
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    So underrated, when i was a kid, he was my favorite hero, now theres nothing about him u____u
    .....Save for what's currently going on within UNCANNY AVENGERS, AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER & MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE {The latter two series coming soon...}.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    .....Save for what's currently going on within UNCANNY AVENGERS, AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER & MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE {The latter two series coming soon...}.
    How are those series? I might check them out
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    How are those series? I might check them out
    Uncanny Avengers - a pretty good read, but it doesn't have a lot of Johnny in it. I still recommend it though.

Marvel Two-in-One - The first issue is out December 6th so we'll soon find out if it's good. I'm looking forward to it.

Astonishing Member

...Mr. Cheung has still got it...!! And let's hope this series will be a long one....!

Or if it's not, that it is immediately followed by the return of the full F4. But from the way they talk there, this is no mini.

This looks great. I can't wait.

what is the focus of the new series? Ben and Johnny globe-trot trying to figure out how to get to Reed and Sue? Do they just set up themselves as the Fantastic Two?

Pretty much. Does Moon Girl's Fantastic Three arc take place after 2 in 1 starts, I wonder? They were already together there, clearing out some of Reed's stuff that was in storage to give to Lunella (who Ben has previously teamed up with).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pretty much. Does Moon Girl's Fantastic Three arc take place after 2 in 1 starts, I wonder? They were already together there, clearing out some of Reed's stuff that was in storage to give to Lunella (who Ben has previously teamed up with).
    .....I guess the Readers will find out one way or another........especially with Next Week's release of MOON GIRL & DEVIL DINOSAUR #25, via these Preview Pages.