Page 121 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2439

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I liked Poison Ivy in that show just fine, but they didn't really do much with her, or her friendship with Barbara. After the two-parter and one other episode, she was just either a cameo or Lex Luthor's plot device. One reason I really like The Batman Strikes! (the comic tie-in to the show) is because it focused on other villains that the show treated as one-shot, and didn't overuse Joker and Penguin. They even had an Ivy/Harley team-up!
    I loved "The Batman Strikes" comic.

As I said before I like teenage Poison Ivy, and feel that it was a refreshing new take on the character.
    I haven't been happy with the main canon take on Poison Ivy in a long time especially since nowadays it feels like the character has been reduced to just being Harley's "Gal Pal".

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    As I said before I like teenage Poison Ivy, and feel that it was a refreshing new take on the character.
    I haven't been happy with the main canon take on Poison Ivy in a long time especially since nowadays it feels like the character has been reduced to just being Harley's "Gal Pal".
    I think that's pretty much just relegated to Harley's book.

It's not really a factor in her other, canon, appearances, especially since she isn't with Harley in them.

Ivy stars in a new Justice League Action webisode:

Nice, thanks for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Thanks for sharing. That was simple yet fun. I like her characterisation in this but still think the beret looks way to silly.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 11-11-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Thanks for sharing. That was simple yet fun. I like her characterisation in this but still the beret looks way to silly.
    I like how she apparently has her own green motorcycle helmet (unless that's what Robin usually wears) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Lol best one yet. Love her cute little helmet as well.

Damn is this Ivy getting horrifically butchered in the first scene of this new Gotham by Gaslight trailer?

I will still buy the movie and I expected as much when it was revealed that Pam was going to be featured in the film but it is saddening all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Damn is this Ivy getting horrifically butchered in the first scene of this new Gotham by Gaslight trailer?

I will still buy the movie and I expected as much when it was revealed that Pam was going to be featured in the film but it is saddening all the same.
    It's sad indeed. I hope she's not the first victim though so she can have a little screen time at least.

Probably. Keep in mind, all of the Gotham characters are playing "characters" in the movie. So it's not Poison Ivy persay. More like she might be a prostitute named "Pam" in the movie. I liked the other trailer better because it showed all of the gotham characters and what role they will play.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Probably. Keep in mind, all of the Gotham characters are playing "characters" in the movie. So it's not Poison Ivy persay. More like she might be a prostitute named "Pam" in the movie. I liked the other trailer better because it showed all of the gotham characters and what role they will play.
    Good thing. The Ripper would be plant food and the entire run time would be about five minutes with credits. Hell, Batman wouldn't even have needed to suit up. I really love this character. I can't wait for someone with some imagination to write for her again.

Quote Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
    Good thing. The Ripper would be plant food and the entire run time would be about five minutes with credits. Hell, Batman wouldn't even have needed to suit up. I really love this character. I can't wait for someone with some imagination to write for her again.
    Yeah in the trailer, it looks like she is a show dancer, "Ivy, the Plant Lady". None of the characters would have any special powers or skills. Or I should say the characters are altered. Like, Jason, Tim and "Dickie" are little street punks trying to rob people. So it's not Poison Ivy. She's not going to have any control over plants.

I think with characters like Ivy, you just need a writer who is going to write Batman rogues in his/her title. That way you can see her more. Lay off the "Harley's special friend" angle and get her back to be one of the best rogues in comics

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I think with characters like Ivy, you just need a writer who is going to write Batman rogues in his/her title. That way you can see her more. Lay off the "Harley's special friend" angle and get her back to be one of the best rogues in comics
    Beautifully put.

Amy Chu confirmed that the subplot with the Winston character who kept harassing Pam at work in the Cycle of Life and Death was inspired by DC making Eddie Berganza the editor of the mini. Sites are picking up the news:

http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/201...ddie-berganza/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...n-ivy-amy-chu/

https://www.themarysue.com/amy-chu-poison-ivy-berganza/

Kind of explains why Chu wasn't invited back for the follow-up despite the mini doing solid business, especially in TPB sales. This is Women Write About Comics observation after consulting Dan Didio:

During some personal Facebook conversations with Dan DiDio he told me that DC was pleased with how the mini sold and that after the mini a new book would likely be published. Indeed, with very little to no promotion, Amy Chus mini sold quite well compared to other similar books. Let’s take as an example ComicChron’s sales estimates for February 2016. Poison Ivy sold 23,452 copies. In comparison Batgirl sold 25,625, Suicide Squad (despite receiving huge promotion because of the movie) 23,687, Teen Titans 23,566, Aquaman 23,546. Also Red Hood, Green Arrow, DC Bombshells, Gotham Academy, Injustice, and more sold significantly less than Poison Ivy and most of them got renewed for Rebirth or got a second chance at a mini, digital titles etc, or got expanded as franchises. Another example is Omega Men, written by Tom King, had a chance at a 12 issue run despite having half Amy Chu’s sales. And King ended up getting the main Batman book.

Amy Chu never got a chance to finish her story that ends on a cliffhanger. In fact since then she only got to write one Wonder Woman story for DC.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 11-16-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Spectacular Member

Amy Chu confirmed that the subplot with the Winston character who kept harassing Pam at work in the Cycle of Life and Death was inspired by DC making Eddie Berganza the editor of the mini.
    What an awful story. I hate that this type of harassment exists and apparently is common. I wish Ms. Chu continued success.