Page 84 of 116 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1734
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post

Been a while. Thought I'd contribute to the pic dump with some of my own.

Anyone catch Mark Paniccia's response to someone asking about the other upcoming X-book?
    They're ALL AWESOME, Ligtengale, but LOVE this one 'specially - just a STUNNING rendition! Wouldn't be opposed to it being a blueprint for her facial appearance, moving forward, for reference - it's ideal! The one w/Chris Evans Cap's pretty amazing too, and MARVEL at your Dazz & Northstar redesigns in particular, from the Ascension/XM Silver ones.

That Paniccia quote DOES sound encouraging, doesn't it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post
    I'll be honest. This gave me such strong Sophie Turner as Jean Grey vibes and considering it was the only image Heroine Addict used in his/her quote on the new page that upon seeing it by itself when I entered the thread, I actually thought that I had accidentally clicked on the Jean Grey Appreciation or the Dark Phoenix movie thread instead. (didn't notice "Alison" written in the corner until now).

Having said that, it's gorgeous and totes fab which goes without saying for Lightengale's work at this point. The Cap/Dazz one is really endearing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

I like the above deviant art concept for a costume. A great blend of popstar and superhero chic.

The Age of X pussycat doll look remains a modern favorite too.

Marvel tweeted a video of DJ and cosplayer DJ Spider showing off some of her Dazzler cosplay costumes and talking about the experience of transforming into Dazzler as part of their #MarvelBecoming series:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/938890882392059905

Oh well, at least they haven't completely forgotten about Ali. I love that DJ Spider gave a shout out to the awesomeness of the X-Treme X-Men costume!

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

Anyway, I got the finished commission back from the artist.

I love that! The boots are a great touch

BANNED

Awesome!

Came across the finished product, ComradePitrovsky, in my myriad of searches:

... SO stylish & well-done, VERY IMPRESSIVE!!

Whatta LINE-UP!

Thank you kindly for sharing it all, here with us, and congrats on calling the original piece your own.

Fantastic Member

Dude! Thanks for posting my Dazzler Party piece! I was obsessed with her costume roster and had to map it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

How does everyone feel about Dazzler returning to a certain look in Phoenix Resurrection #2?

The pink hair looks ugly. Her not being blonde just feels off.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    How does everyone feel about Dazzler returning to a certain look in Phoenix Resurrection #2?
    I don't understand the change. I didn't like that the look was drawn reminiscent of NEX but at least the colorist helped to negate that in the preview.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Dude! Thanks for posting my Dazzler Party piece! I was obsessed with her costume roster and had to map it all out.
    No prob, man, thank YOU! GREAT job, and sincerely appreciate all the hard work you MUST've had to put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post

That "look" was just the artist not bothering or not being told to give her a proper make-over. Doubt it's going to stick in appearances after PR (though at this rate, an appearance after PR will just be return to cameo queen status for another seven years or so)

I LOVE Dazzler. My top 4 Marvel women are 1) Kitty Pryde, 2) Dazzler, 3) Emma Frost, and 4) Polaris. I'm just SO freaking mad with Marvel right now and how Dazzler is being handled. First off, I can't stand writers that say they have a hard time writing for Dazzler. In my opinion, then you are a crappy writer, because as a writer, you should be able to write for any character. There's no reason that someone can't come in and turn Dazzler into the next Rogue in the X-Universe. The reason for my anger with Marvel and how Dazzler is being handled is how she's got two potential big stories that she should be involved in right now and no one is doing a thing to follow up on it. First off, Dazzler has a new arch-enemy in Mystique. Why is no one writing a story where Dazzler goes after Mystique for what Mystique did to her? I couldn't stand how Dazzler, instead of going after Mystique, decided to cut her hair and act like a teenage Jubilee on A-Force. That wasn't my Dazzler on that team. Secondly, Bendis gave us a potential future where Dazzler becomes the first Mutant President of the United States. Meanwhile, in X-Men Gold, Guggenheim is building a story about the Mutant Deportation Act. Wouldn't this be the best excuse to get Dazzler involved in politics so that maybe we could see her make a run for president in the future? I don't get why Kitty is the one involved in that story and not Dazzler.

Maybe someday our girl will get her due.

Spectacular Member

how disappointing that the one cameo appearance she gets in months & she's drawn in that awful NEX look & pink hair that she hasn't sported since 2007. It's not like the artists have to drawn new looks (even though that's been done for others that are only cameo-ing), but AT LEAST reference the look the character last had when she was on a team & featured regularly instead of a look from a decade ago. Even more puzzling is that the preview had a completely different color scheme, hair color & included her blue make-up mask. WTF? I'm not anticipating anything to come for her with the impending relaunches. They cancelled the Legacy one-shot (but made sure to produce the Power Pack & Brand Ecch one...) & her most recent look from A-Force can't even be referenced in these bullshit cameos.

Is anyone else feeling fatigue -- not just from what they do (or don't do) with Dazzler, but from the X-line in general? ResurrXion had been a hot ass boo boo mess. I don't imagine the coming re-launches will solve the problem the X-office always has -- overuse of certain characters, complete neglect of MANY characters, awful re-designs, poor re-imaginings & essentially directionless books stuck in their own bubbles. Yeah, adult Jean & the original Wolverine are coming back -- which means we will return to Wolverine being everywhere (instead of Old Man Logan) & Jean will likely be heavily pushed as the flagship X-women since Marvel still gets a nut out of thinking the O5 are the end-all-be-all, even though it took a whole new team of far more interesting mutants to save the franchise from death. I feel like I'm turning into one of those fans that can only enjoy back-issues lol