Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I don't understand why Jon would pursue Bruce Wayne. Unless Wayne is a nitwit, the internet should show him as a vacuous playboy, certainly not one of the smartest men on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I don't understand why Jon would pursue Bruce Wayne. Unless Wayne is a nitwit, the internet should show him as a vacuous playboy, certainly not one of the smartest men on the planet.
    Don't you know? Being rich makes you a genius. The smartest!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Dr. Manhattan, though perhaps not truly omniscient, nevertheless probably has esoteric means of gathering information. I doubt he has to rely on something as mundane as the Internet to find info on Batman. Besides, if Ra's Al-Ghul and Bane could figure out Bruce's secret, I doubt it would defy Dr. Manhattan for long.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Fantastic Member

He also has many other accolades other than being rich.

Incredible Member

Dr. Manhattan didn’t find Wayne, Ozymandias did.
    And Wayne historically has gone to great lengths to present himself only as rich and shallow.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Dr. Manhattan didn’t find Wayne, Ozymandias did.
    And Wayne historically has gone to great lengths to present himself only as rich and shallow.
    Ozymandias is the smartest man of his Earth, surely he's perceptive enough to be able to swiftly deduce Batman's secret identity, particularly after Bruce Wayne went public as Batman's financier, in addition to the murder of his parents' being common knowledge.

Spectacular Member

He located Bruce because he was rich and smart, he doesn't know Bruce is Batman. It was by chance that Rorschach II found the secret entrance to the Batcave.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    He located Bruce because he was rich and smart, he doesn't know Bruce is Batman. It was by chance that Rorschach II found the secret entrance to the Batcave.
    But Bruce Wayne's public persona is not one of extreme intelligence, is it? I'm sure Wayne is considered a shrewd businessman, but why would Ozymandias consider him the world's second smartest man without him being Batman part of that equation?

Hasn't it been established that at least some of the characters in the DCU are fictional characters on the Watchmen Earth? Couldn't Bruce/Batman be one of them?

Didn't Ozymandias make this exact comment himself upon his arrival to the DCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Hasn't it been established that at least some of the characters in the DCU are fictional characters on the Watchmen Earth? Couldn't Bruce/Batman be one of them?

Didn't Ozymandias make this exact comment himself upon his arrival to the DCU?
    Ha! Yeah, that should have been obvious. Thanks for pointing out the forest among the trees

I am literally counting the minutes until I get to read the next issue, so I guess I am a bigger fan of this series than I thought

I just read it. Some really cool stuff! The Comedian’s reappearance is explained, and we see Rorschach’s full face. It looks like the Mime and Jewelee will have a meeting with the Joker (Mime creeps me out). Interesting interaction between Batman and Rorschach. And we get another JSA tease! Geoff Johns is at the top of his game here.

I just read it. It's good but... Like the first two issues, I really can't see it as an event, or even something to be exited about. Batman suit looks great, they actually managed to pull out the yellow bat-logo in a reasonable way (not too bright, not to absent) which is great. But overall, I'm pretty meh on it. I guess it being a twelve issues event/mini-series means that it has a lot more time to prepare the ground work, compared to, let's say Metal, but still...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    I just read it. Some really cool stuff! The Comedian’s reappearance is explained, and we see Rorschach’s full face. It looks like the Mime and Jewelee will have a meeting with the Joker (Mime creeps me out). Interesting interaction between Batman and Rorschach. And we get another JSA tease! Geoff Johns is at the top of his game here.
    Loved the nod to Nathaniel Dusk, myself. Also, Batman has the yellow oval again.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just read it. It's good but... Like the first two issues, I really can't see it as an event, or even something to be exited about. Batman suit looks great, they actually managed to pull out the yellow bat-logo in a reasonable way (not too bright, not to absent) which is great. But overall, I'm pretty meh on it. I guess it being a twelve issues event/mini-series means that it has a lot more time to prepare the ground work, compared to, let's say Metal, but still...
    I’m actually enjoying the slow build. But the new scheduling is going to make it harder to get the story’s momentum going.